FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is It Time To Punt Mcguire?

Renegade

With ICT having a few decent centre-backs now, is it time to punt McGuire? I do. I'd actually go as far as saying he's one of the most incompetent centre-backs I've ever seen in an ICT shirt. As much good as an old wet hat.

Edited by Renegade

Bit harsh.

Not really. I actually lost count of the number of times he was solely at fault for goals conceded. In fact in his last appearance for the club he played an integral part in shipping two goals to St Mirren... Fair enough he wasn't fit and should never have played, but surely he's big enough to stand up and say "I really don't think I'm fit enough to play".

He'll do as cover for our cover (Jamie Duff & Richie Byrne) but should go at the earliest opportunity.

Dont see how he could be of any use off the field unless he can drive a mini-bus...

Anyway, i've never seen Mcguire have what i would call a great game, not even a very good game, at best he is a average 1st div defender, not good enough for us i'm afraid.

He gives away a ridiculous amount of silly free kicks around the box. I've never been that impressed with him. I would prefer Jamie Duff in front of him. I think we should keep him to the end of the season, as cover. Just to be on the safe side of suspensions and injuries etc.

During the whole "Brewster Must Go" period I constantly made the point that the time to judge the players would be when we had a decent Manager in place and players were being correctly utilised etc. For that reason I'm willing to cut him, and others, a bit of slack and see how they get on now if given the chance.

No .

He's a far better defender than Byrne .

How so? Byrne is a terrible left back but IIRC he does a good job at centre back. More than what can be said for McGuire... :rotflmao:

I've watched Byrne in action lots of times and have never seen him play well at centre back . Can you give examples please Jay ?

I've watched Byrne in action lots of times and have never seen him play well at centre back . Can you give examples please Jay ?

You want specific examples of when I have seen him play well at centre back?... Jog on pal...

Just ask any Pars fans about their memories of him at centre back.

i would sait wait till the end of the season till we know what division we are in nxt season. If it does (and i hope to hell and back it doesn't) end up that we are in division 1 then keep him because i really cant see Mihadjuks staying with us if we get relegated. But if we do stay up then i think TB should call time on his Inverness Career

Defnitely not.

He was playing not too badly before he got injured back in October, and now that he's back i think it would be wrong to get rid of him now. He is an experienced defender as well so he provides decent cover for Pavels and Munro. Proctor's no centre-back and Jamie Duff is still rather young so no, not time for McGuire to go. Not while we only have 3 centre-backs.

Yes time to go he picks up far too many needless bookings by giving away needless fouls in real dangerous places such as against Well when Bob Malcolm scored.

If your referring to Bob Malcolms free-kick back in October then your referring to a foul that Russell Duncan gave away. That was a week after McGuire injured his ankle against Celtic. So he wasn't even in the squad.

Edited by ajsict92