FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Winning Ugly

Bronson

I've heard all about winning ugly but that 2nd half performance was taking the ****. I can understand backs to the wall stuff and the 3 mile high punts up the field when we're playing Rangers at Ibrox. But when we're playing Kilmarnock at home and 2-1???

I suppose a bad day the office is something we all have. I'm fast losing patience with Imrie. He is not a striker and is hugely ineffective.

Imrie up front is nonsense. I can't even think of an occasion where he's come close to scoring since he's been played in that position. His touch, and crossing are woeful. Sometimes giving 100% effort just isn't enough.

Get Foran up there in his place.

Highly unfair. I think you've only posted this to be controversial. Imrie is great player and he worked his socks off today, chasing every ball. I can only commend his efforts and I think he is a real asset to the club.

This really isn't a constructive comment to make and is hardly beneficial to the team.

A win is a win. 3 points - all good.

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I can't believe after what's happened to the team under Butcher that there is still such negativity.

Yeah time for Foran to play up top now defnitely.

Imrie's end product to everything was absolute drivvel today, don't even recall him getting a shot on goal. I think he would make a good attacking midfielder just behind the strikers.

Morais was unfit today i know, but he should be starting every game i think. Proctor is way too slow to be a wide player.

Fan's are fickle. Kilmarnocks goal came out of no-where and our defensive resilience faded away soon after. Pumping the goal back to them is never what you want to see as a fan.

I don't care how we play, just so long as it's 3 pts and safety. On the other hand, I would prefer to sit comfortable rather than on the edge and have a heart attack anytime the ball is pumped into the box and Esson comes flying to punch clear.

Highly unfair. I think you've only posted this to be controversial. Imrie is great player and he worked his socks off today, chasing every ball. I can only commend his efforts and I think he is a real asset to the club.

This really isn't a constructive comment to make and is hardly beneficial to the team.

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I can't believe after what's happened to the team under Butcher that there is still such negativity.

Thanks for the support. I think there's too many people on here being a bit silly with their comments for no real reason.

With support and guidance he could prove to be a major asset to the club. "Some have even tipped Imrie for a Scotland call-up as he thrives under Terry Butcher, the Scotland assistant manager."

link:

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...ow_at_Ibrox.php

Guest Muir-Jaggie

At the end of the day its all about the 3 points and everyone nos that. So the players do anytnig to make sure there club get them

In our current circumstances the only priotity has to be points on the board and that was achieved today although I admit much of itb was not pretty, As far as Imrie is concerned, he is always enthusiastic and hard working but he's not one of nature's natural strikers.

I suppose a bad day the office is something we all have. I'm fast losing patience with Imrie. He is not a striker and is hugely ineffective.

Aye... very good Dougie, bye the way you were feckin mince today and why Butch never took you off is a mystery!

Aye... very good Dougie, bye the way you were feckin mince today and why Butch never took you off is a mystery!

You think I'm Imrie?! Funniest thing I've heard all day!

Not "not pretty", ugly as a Dingwall whooer, (so I am told).

Spoke to Phillipe Morais at Blockbusters (Die Hard 4.0 he had, since you ask) and he confirmed that Terry felt he was too much of a ball-player for today, and perhaps for the rest of the season. "Next season, we play football" sez Terrynjune.

3pts, I'll take'em.

if we play like that every week and win then i'll take it. beats the feeling of losing every week anyway

I agree, watching your team lose consistently is nothing any football fan deserves. It is nice to see such a swift turn around in our fortunes though.

Horrible second half... feel some posters a bit harsh on Imrie (he was fouled/bullyed off the ball how many times today??) .

I'm sure it's going to get increasingly ugly from now to the end of the season!!. But thats ok bottom line is 3 points is 3 points, you don't get bonus points for playing fair or playing tippy tappy total football. !!

Dont think i said i wasn't happy with 3 points. In fact as far as i'm concerned that was our most important result of the season so far.

Do you think that simply because we have started winning that players are excempt from criticism???

Dont think i said i wasn't happy with 3 points. In fact as far as i'm concerned that was our most important result of the season so far.

Do you think that simply because we have started winning that players are excempt from criticism???

Well after so much negativity in recent months isnt it better to see posts filled with belief & ambition

Its been a long hard season where until not so long ago many of us thought we were doomed

I am so chuffed & proud to be an ICT fan & i BELIEVE we will survive

Next season under Tel & Mo top 6 no probs

Imrie had a decent game today when you take into consideration the shocking service he received, the lack of support from midfield, and the fact that he was playing alongside an immobile strike partner who wasn't on the same wavelength and kept losing the ball.

He formed an effective partnership alongside Eric before the latter went off the boil. If the front 2 has to change again then it cetainly shouldn't be Imrie who gets dropped. I would like to see him played alongside Morais, that combination would cause opposing defences serious problems.

First point............next weeks game is the most important. Its a definite six pointer.

Second point.......from being in a position where we believed we were doomed and a few points of second bottom we are back in a position where a win next week can see us climb a couple of places. Thats not just down to Butcher and Malpas. Thats down to every player in this team puting in the effort and going out on match day and following the instructions of the management team. Ask Dougie or any one of the squad why they played a particular way and they will always answer.....cos thats what the gaffer wanted.

Dougie may not be seen as a striker by many but he is doing the required job. He has pace and agility and his running around confuses defenders enough to allow the Forans and others to get up and into scoring positions.

Don't think there's anything wrong with being critical of one player in a particular match, but I certainly couldn't be critical of Butcher's tactics and what he has achieved so far. 11 points in 6 games, Extrapolate that out to 38 games and we would have 70 points for the season, enough for 3rd place in all seasons apart from 2005/06. And the 6 games have not been easy ones (OF twice, Hibs & Utd) so it's a fair reflection on how we might do in a full season under Butcher.