Merged: Terry Butcher - TV Caption

Johnboy

Not a problem John. Personally I don't give a ***k one way or the other. I don't see there being any effect, or benifit, from him being publicly associated with ICT. My other view on this is that he's voicing opinion on competitions that we are very unlikely to ever play in. And finally, if, as many people seem to think, he is doing badly at the club, then why would we want that fact publicized?

And, I take offence to any insinuation that I would succumb to any gagging order from anywhere.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CaleyD - posts 4 & 12 !!!

However, to answer your question. perhaps none of the mods have a strong personal opinion about this thread so none have added anything as a normal poster. There certainly hasnt been anything in it requiring their attention as moderators ..... something we would like to see in many other threads !!!

I know CD does do a lot of moderating, but he is strictly speaking admin, so doesn't really count for this question!

So.... If there isn't a gagging order in place I would be interested to hear what Alex MacLeod, Rig, Yngwie, Mantis. Kingsmills, TM4TJ, L_G, Maimie, etc, etc, might have to say on TB's appearance on STV last Wednesday....

Could he, or should he have done more to raise the profile of the club?

Scotty... Feel free to express an opinion on this yourself!

Gagging Order??? :lol:

That's fair cheered me up.....thanks.

I'm surprised TB wasn't wearing a Rangers club tie....

I loved that tie he was wearing last night ! :lol:

He wore that one after working out that all the ICT negatives come from blue and white factions whereas us red and blacks are forever positive. :)

Ah, but his Blue and White suit far outweighed his Red and Black tie. Perfect advertising for the club and shows he knows his ICT history! :) :P

(a little joke before anyone gets too upset!!)

• 2 weeks later...

TB is a crackin' pundit good to see him on the telly again. :)

I've always said he's a good pundit, he's an excellent speaker and is interesting to listen to. Also I haven't really any problem with him doing this stuff, though it does seem a bit strange that he gave up his Setanta job to spend more time with ICT, but has since taken this gig.

Great number he's got. Turn up, talk about a game, get paid, go home, job done.

It you were in his boots would you be caring what they're putting up in terms of your name? Probably not.

Actually, I would be very insistent on being called "ICT Manager", IMO it's just good manners to your current employers, and his current position is nothing to be ashamed of.

TB is a crackin' pundit good to see him on the telly again. :)

I've always said he's a good pundit, he's an excellent speaker and is interesting to listen to. Also I haven't really any problem with him doing this stuff, though it does seem a bit strange that he gave up his Setanta job to spend more time with ICT, but has since taken this gig.

It you were in his boots would you be caring what they're putting up in terms of your name? Probably not.

Actually, I would be very insistent on being called "ICT Manager", IMO it's just good manners to your current employers, and his current position is nothing to be ashamed of.

Perhaps it's an indication as to how much he's really bothered...

so back in the frame, and STILL this thread goes on!!

TB has been sacked from even Setana, so what even I lost cash on that

Please can we go on to something more constructive..

As I see it , he is not going to go? we cannot afford new players, so we are in the mire!!

Various self confessed pundits are saying next season will be better, WHY have u given up on this one???

There is a long way to go, from what I have read the back 4 are gelling, get rid of Golly and Russ , he can watch and repair his hand and temper

Apart from that the wee man is doing well, Eric is too lightweight!! tell the rampant Irishman to forget he is on TV and not to be a PRAT

Sorry all just my thoughts

TB is a crackin' pundit good to see him on the telly again. :lol:

No he didn't..............they went bust.

TB is a crackin' pundit good to see him on the telly again. :lol:

No he didn't..............they went bust.

Incorrect, he stayed with the Scotland job, but decided to gve up Setanta, when he took the job at ICT.