DOES RYAN ESSON HAVE A SCOTTISH GRANNIE?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Ryan has certainly played very well this year and responded positively to the presence of the other two goal keepers after the number one spot. We now see speculation or name dropping about the Faroes game. Just in case Levein has forgotten him, does anyone know if Ryan has a Scottish grannie? Previous call ups seem to be irrelevant.

Ryan Esson is a very good keeper but realistically he is never going to get a chance while Alan McGregor is playing so well. Hes playing in the best form of his life at the moment and even Gordon would be pushed to take his place back.

If Either of these two keepers aren't picked then yes i would give him a call up but i can't really see him ever getting a proper game for Scotland.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a fair chance that Gilks will be dropping out of the Faroes squad leaving a keeper vacancy. If that happens, an in-form and fairly local keeper would seem a sensible choice.

Esson's form has been sensational this season. Come on Levein, it's now or never.

There's a fair chance that Gilks will be dropping out of the Faroes squad leaving a keeper vacancy. If that happens, an in-form and fairly local keeper would seem a sensible choice.

Esson's form has been sensational this season. Come on Levein, it's now or never.

Not much chance of that, here are the replacements:

Out: Berra (knee), Burke (groin), G Caldwell (thigh), Dorrans (foot), Gilks (knee), Hutton (groin), Morrison (knee), Naismith (shoulder), Whittaker (knee)

In: Bryson, S Caldwell, Crainey, Kenneth, Maloney, Robson

I certainly hope Levein calls up further replacments, Esson certainly deserves it however it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if Levein calls up Clangers despite him shipping 11 goals in his last two SPL games

4 goals in his last 2 SPL games . How could you forget we put 2 past him last week ?

I certainly hope Levein calls up further replacments, Esson certainly deserves it however it wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if Levein calls up Clangers despite him shipping 11 goals in his last two SPL games

4 goals in his last 2 SPL games . How could you forget we put 2 past him last week ?

when i was typing i was thinking of them getting thrashed in the celtic game and conceding 2 in our game mid-week

13 in his last 3 games then

He fully deserves a place in the Scotland squad. Cammy Bell gets a call up.

Esson Has only let in 14 goals so far this season which it pretty good. And also made some fantastic saves

Edited by MissICT