Chris Hogg

tm4tj

Congratulations to Hoggy for yesterday. Must have taken a bit of bottle to step back onto the pitch for his first SPL game in a year and a half, and being paired against the burliest striker in the SPL as well.

Great game and a great way to complete your comeback. :notworthy:

• Agree 10

The last 18 months for him must have been a real struggle, mentally and physically but Saturday was his just reward. He was top notch, to jump straight back into the first team like that in what was a pivotal game in our quest for Europe must have been his biggest challenge yet but he battled along with the rest of the lads and got the result. Cant even hold much blame at him for the penalty, the Ojamaa tumble conned Collum once but not twice fortunately. Still plenty to do but if he carries on like that he will cement his place back in the starting line up. Im hoping he will be getting a new contract as well. 

• Agree 1

It's great that Terry's got the lovely 'problem' of having 3 good centre-backs to pick from! In saying that, as happy as I am with the defenders we've got they've still shipped a lot of goals. I've just checked, and despite being on the verge of an unlikely European spot via a 3rd place finish, we conceded only 1 more goal the season we were relegated. We may well end up with more goals against as we've still 2 tough games to come!

It's great that Terry's got the lovely 'problem' of having 3 good centre-backs to pick from! In saying that, as happy as I am with the defenders we've got they've still shipped a lot of goals. I've just checked, and despite being on the verge of an unlikely European spot via a 3rd place finish, we conceded only 1 more goal the season we were relegated. We may well end up with more goals against as we've still 2 tough games to come!

3 good centre backs? I see 4.

The number of goals conceded may be true, but OTOH we might have scored more than in the seasons we got promoted...

Who cares how many we concede? We score more than than any other club. I pay to be entertained not to be bored to death by 1-0 wins!

Hogg deserves so much credit coming back like he did after 16 months out.

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 1

"18 Months". But still he deserves so much applaudets for bouncing straight back into a massive game and playing so well. But next season we will have Warren, Meekings, Devine and if he signs which he probably will, Hogg, what are we gunna do then? I like all of them but we can't move any to RB because of Raven so we'll have to have two CB on the bench and they're all good players, but is suppose we'll have a good defensive bench :D

I reckon Hogg and Warren are the best 2 centre backs we have when fully fit. Sounds good saying that as we now have the advantage of picking and choosing, Devine has real potential but plenty to learn, Meekings has shown his credentials as a centre back this season but i really rate him as a right back and the fact he set up 2 of the goals on Saturday supports that. No disrespect to Dave the Rave who has been terrific this season but i can see our back 4 next season as being Meekings, Hogg, Warren and Shinnie. 

It is a tough one for terry but its nice dilemma for terry to have. yes we may have conceded alot this season but the fact that we have the whole backline signed up and hopefully hogg will be rewarded with a new one the understanding of this season surley we could concede less as the back 4 have had a season to gel

Am I not right in saying that Hogg's wife is Butcher's goddaughter (She's the daughter of George Burley I believe)?  I remember talk as well that one of reasons Butcher punted Munro was due to preferring Hogg and apparently never rating Munro since he arrived.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Butcher offer him a new deal (and I hope he does).

Am I not right in saying that Hogg's wife is Butcher's goddaughter (She's the daughter of George Burley I believe)?  I remember talk as well that one of reasons Butcher punted Munro was due to preferring Hogg and apparently never rating Munro since he arrived.

With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see Butcher offer him a new deal (and I hope he does).

you are right with what you have said, and i think he will get a contract, we need a experienced centre back

As much as i like hogg would like to see meekings paired up with either hogg or warren in the middle.

His pace has saved us so many times this season and patched up certain aspects of warrens game.

if one of our centre halfs next season arnt happy with the ammount of game time their getting then given our big top six team status we could loan one out to a small bottom six team like, hearts, hibs, or aberdeen maybe?

And remember the fuss when we let Munro and Tokely go, perhaps Butcher got that correct (I think he did) despite all the nonsense spouted on here by certain posters

And remember the fuss when we let Munro and Tokely go, perhaps Butcher got that correct (I think he did) despite all the nonsense spouted on here by certain posters

Surely that never happened - our fans disagreeing with a TB decision and wanting to hang onto the past reather than move forwards, next you will be saying there was a thread calling for him to be sacked even at the start of this season. :sarcastic:

On the whole Tokely hasn't been missed.  He might have got a game at right-back ahead of Raven (before he came good) at the start of the season, but'd be sat on the bench for a while by now.  Munro has since been adequately replaced.  Had he at the time been replaced by Warren (or someone of that ability) at the time, then I think the issue would have died a death fairly quickly.  His replacement though Tom Aldred who wasn't as good and disappeared fairly quickly.  For my money, Williams, Tokely and Proctor all weren't as good as him, while Golobart came good after a dodgy start.  He would have made a difference to the defence last season, but would be a bench player for this one.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1