FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

if you could take 1 player from any other SPL team, who would it be?

Guest totalfootball

Apart from Barry's wallet being somewhat heavier, you could argue that his game has not progressed any more than if he had stayed here.

When he left, we looked unlikely candidates for the SPL so moving away looked a good idea.

However as Sophia says, he still has moments of madness. Maybe Pele would have got even more out of him than McCall or Levein or Brew.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me Miller is easily one of, if not the best player in Scotland

That's very high praise indeed for a bit part player at Celtic.

I'm not sure either that whether he has a great level of versatility to be honest or whether the fact that he has pace makes him a good player. He is a striker, he is paid to put the ball in the net and he does currently not do that for his club (4 goals in 31 games according to Wiki). Admittedly I don't know how many assists he has. Can you provide this? I doubt they would be more than say Nakamura.

Certainly on current form there is no way he can be considered the best player in Scotland.

Apart from Barry's wallet being somewhat heavier, you could argue that his game has not progressed any more than if he had stayed here.

When he left, we looked unlikely candidates for the SPL so moving away looked a good idea.

However as Sophia says, he still has moments of madness. Maybe Pele would have got even more out of him than McCall or Levein or Brew.

He has come close to breaking into the Scotland squad and regularly features in B (or are they called Future?) Internationals, he is now also his clubs captain and a star player for them.

Has any other ICT player achieved anything like this since leaving us?

Of course his tempter is still suspect at times but I can't think of another ICT player/manager who has not fallen from grace since leaving us.

for me Miller is easily one of, if not the best player in Scotland

That's very high praise indeed for a bit part player at Celtic.

I'm not sure either that whether he has a great level of versatility to be honest or whether the fact that he has pace makes him a good player. He is a striker, he is paid to put the ball in the net and he does currently not do that for his club (4 goals in 31 games according to Wiki). Admittedly I don't know how many assists he has. Can you provide this? I doubt they would be more than say Nakamura.

Certainly on current form there is no way he can be considered the best player in Scotland.

How can a bit part player play 30 games?? :029:

I'd have him coming from the left wing on to his right foot if it was down to me... can't find his assist ratio but I am positive he would have high percentage and if not from a direct pass, the amount of occasions I have seen a player finish off an oppertunity after his original effort has been saved or deflected.  My point is he causes the opposing defense constant bother and he creates oppertunities for others... anyway this thread was posted for personal opinion and in mine he is a cracking player 

1/3 of those were from the subs bench  :004:

the amount of occasions I have seen a player finish off an oppertunity after his original effort has been saved or deflected.

So basically they are capitilising on his continual missed chances?  :004: 

My point is he causes the opposing defense constant bother and he creates oppertunities for others... anyway this thread was posted for personal opinion and in mine he is a cracking player 

Fair do's. I just don't think that makes a good player myself. I prefer my strikers to finish off the chances they get like Dargo, Wyness, Bayne, McSweg...... :015:

I know plenty Tims who don't rate Miller- with the quality they have in their (massive) squad it's not as if he has to even be a decent finisher, just the ability to put away one or two of the many chances that are laid on.

It's pretty obvious to me that Kenny Miller's career has already peaked- either when Rangers signed him, or Wolves. If he was any good he would still be playing in the Prem. I can actually remember when Hibs farmed him out to Stenny. His two goals, both earned by his pace, were the only difference between Stenny and non-League Whitehill Welfare in a cup replay.

Having said that, I'd sign him in a flash.

Guest TinCanFan

I'd take Barry Ferguson ................... and I'd drown the little f+d!

:rotflmao: :015: :rotflmao:

Absolutely right!  He is the most overrated player in the SPL and as far as I'm concerned he's not even good enough for the Welfare League.

Kenny Miller is truly awful! Yes he has alot of pace and a fantastic work rate from which if he didnt have he'd be a pub team player at best.

He has absolutely no composure in front of goal. Every time i watch him i see him get over excited when the ball comes near and fluff the oppotunity (for example the miss in Italy at 1-0 which we lost 2-0 via two Pirlo free kicks).

If you want a player with pace who works hard take Novo. At least he can finish occasionally!!

And although i personally see Barry Ferguson as a complete ***, he is a very good player who can pass tackle and score goals.

A moany wee sh*te but a very good player. No chance anyone with sense would drop him for Scotland.

Its like the people who berated Lennon as a fat wee turd who did nothing. I wouldnt have thought he'd play nearly every game for Celtic since he signed (when fit). Yes he's a fat wee ugly ginger turd, but he had something.

If I could have any player i'd take Kevin Thompson or Stephen McManus. Or Naismith

Guest TinCanFan

Kenny Miller is truly awful! Yes he has alot of pace and a fantastic work rate from which if he didnt have he'd be a pub team player at best.

And although i personally see Barry Ferguson as a complete ***, he is a very good player who can pass tackle and score goals.

A moany wee sh*te but a very good player. No chance anyone with sense would drop him for Scotland.

You're absolutely right about Kenny Miller.  He has a horrible first touch when there is a chance of scoring.

Barry Ferguson = a good player!!!?!

He was Man of the Match in the Italy game but still did nothing and I wouldn't play in the Welfare League because he is absolutely hopeless and only ever seems to pass the ball back to the keeper. 

I dont like Fergie (already stated this) but he does far more than pass back to the keeper. If you watch him properly his midfield positional sense is excellent especially while attacking. He can spray passes left, right and centre and has a good pass completion ratio. He also works very hard for the team.

Yes there was the time when he couldnt play for Scotland due to his hip but he did the morally right thing in not allowing himself as half fit to represent his country.

I know alot of people dont like him due to his strong Rangers associations but i dont think people should allow this to cloud their judgement of what i would consider Scotlands 2nd best midfielder after Fletcher.

....Still wouldnt have him at Caley mind :crazy07:

Guest TinCanFan

I reckon he's only in the Scotland team because he playes for Rangers.  If he played for say Dundee United he woukd never be in the team in a million years and if someone like Black, Duncan or a younger Barry Wilson played in his position for either side of the Old Firm they would be in the Scotland team as well.

Guest TinCanFan

Quashie or McFadden.  I'd even put Ian Black or John Rankin there though I doubt it because the Scotland team doesn't have decent players from the lower clubs in the SPL and always try to include Backpass Ferguson CBE (I'm not joking) in the squad like he is Pele or some kind of footballing saint.

There's some times I wouldn't mind doing this  :boxing: or this :fighting04: to him.

I'm sure I'd get a bit of this from a lot of people if I did it as well.  :clapping03: :party01: :dancing01:

Derek Young....  :rotflmao:

Seriously though, given I think we're thinnest at the back I'd either take Craig Gordon or Zander Diamond.

If he hadn't just left the SPL it would've been Russell Anderson