What is missing ?

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

So you're agreeing with RiG that it's Rankin we're missing :rotflmao:

Very much so. I was critical of him when he was first signed because I thought we paid over much for him but he was superb for us and was the driving force behind our good run last season and then he was sold after being faffed about by the club. Some of his corners might not have been great but he was one of the best crossers in our team (when it got past the first man :thumb04: )

So you're agreeing with RiG that it's Rankin we're missing :rotflmao:

Very much so. I was critical of him when he was first signed because I thought we paid over much for him but he was superb for us and was the driving force behind our good run last season and then he was sold after being faffed about by the club. Some of his corners might not have been great but he was one of the best crossers in our team (when it got past the first man :thumb04: )

I agree 101%. And I thought he and Cowie worked really well together.

I was just deliberately ignoring the Niculae part of IHE's pic. ;-)

Correct

what we need is a strapping scottish centre forward whos just the right side of psychotic

we'll never get anywhere with a forward line of lightweight midgets

jordan-thumb.jpg

a Big Joe Jordan type

or

speakupref.jpg

a Duncan Disorderly seen here discussing a difference of opinion with the ref

I'm sure he's not too old for a comeback

Edited by beachcomber

There has certainly been a lack of ideas and direction in the home performances I've seen this season, we just aren't scoring enough goals. Has any team scored less than us? I doubt it.

But I don't think we're THAT far off being a good team. Many of the ingredients are there, perhaps our new(ish) players are still trying to work each other out and gel into a coherent unit? Rooney and Barrowman don't seem to be working well together so far, neither have really shown any creativity or flair in the games I've seen. Tokely and Cowie have never really clicked down the right have they? On the other flank, Hastings doesn't get up and down the park as he used to, he and Imrie don't help each other enough IMHO. Our back 5 (including the goalie) lacks understanding and an organizer.

If things don't click in the coming weeks we should try some new combinations. You only need to look at the contrast in Tokely's perfomance level when he's playing alongside Barry Wilson Vs when he's playing alongside Don Cowie to appreciate how important teamwork is to individual performance.

There has certainly been a lack of ideas and direction in the home performances I've seen this season, we just aren't scoring enough goals. Has any team scored less than us? I doubt it.

at home - st mirren and dundee united...and away - hearts, kilmarnock, hibs, hamilton, aberdeen, st mirren, motherwell and falkirk

and overall - kilmarnock (who are 3 points ahead with a game in hand), aberdeen, st mirren and dundee utd

Apart from the forward line, we probably have the best squad of players in the club's history. The fault lies elsewhere. Brewster was a great player for us for a season or so, his managerial record during his first stint was boosted by what he brought to us on the park.

His true ability as a manager, or the lack of it, was exposed during his abysmal tenure at Tannadice and has only marginally improved since his return.

He may be becoming a slightly better coach and manager but from the lowest possible base. He's not aparently learning quickly enough from his mistakes and it often sems to be a case of two steps forward followed by three steps back.