Diddy Cup or not, whats your view

Dmacca

Its a diddy cup if you get knocked out early, however when its a semi final things become a wee bit more serious.

We start hearing the usual stuff ' kick start the season' if things are'nt going well and 'nice to get to a national final and silverware' if things are going well.

Heard on the radio today Butch and Adams both claiming the other is favorite for the tie, only thing i care about is have our players realised its very serious and more that a cup semi, pride is at stake for us.

It is a diddy cup and only the fact we are playing County on Sunday gives the game any sort of meaning.

I really hope we do win but sadly I can't see it

Hopefully all who attend are treated to a good game but personally I can't be bothered going :ohmy:

Diddy cup, would be great to have more silverware in the cabinet but if we are concerned about any cup run this season it should be for the Scottish (Homecoming or whatever it's called) Cup and that alone. This would be a nothing game if it wasn't for our opponent

I am far more concerned about the game the weekend after

As far as beating C*unty, I'd take a loss this weekend if we can record 3 wins against them in the league

Yes it's a diddy cup,but for most it's the best chance of a national final, so bring it on i say.Hope to see some of you on the train to Perth on the 22nd or in the boozers for a wee pre match swally. :ohmy:

While Perth would be the obvious venue for a Dundee v ICT/County final, would it not have to be played at an SFL ground ?

Change in policy. Confirmed as Perth, common sense prevails for once.

There are a few guys on P&B complaining that money generated from this Cup should stay in the SFL. Apparently, this will be the first time in the competion's 18-year history that the final has been played in an SPL ground. I take the point, but given that there will definitely be a Highland team in the final, Perth does seem to be most neutral venue.

It is a Cup contested by all the Teams in the prestigious Scottish Football League which excludes sides from the National disgrace known as the SPL.

Of course it's not a diddy Cup, it's a fantastic tournament.

(Unless we lose tomorrow)

It is a diddy cup

Was it a Diddy Cup at MacDiarmid Park in 2003?

Yes of course it was . Diddy cup for the diddy teams .

Don't think Bobby Mann would have agreed with that as he held the trophy above his head on 26th October 2003.

Incidently, we beat County in the QF back then.

http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Club...~893004,00.html

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I don't really think it is. Mainly because any bit of silverware is a good bit of silverware. A win today against County and a win in the final would certainly boost the team's long term confidence and set us up nicely for the rest of the season and hopefully promotion?

Either way I would say it was far less important than the three other national comps. but still relatively important for the club.