Are we the new Monaco?

ferben1994

I wouldn't call Monaco a wee team.  They are a merger team though. having been formed by the unification of a number of tems from Monaco and France. There the similarities to us end. They are seen as one of the most successful clubs in the French league having won seven league titles and five French cups. they have also been runners up in both the European Cup Winners Cup and Champions league. manybe one day we'll say we are akin to AS Monaco but I think thats a few years away yet.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

The taxi drivers of Inverness are up for the grand prix. Craig Whyte lives just down the road when he is not in Monaco. Which reminds me, does Monaco have an equivalent to Porterfield?

Costs about the same to get a taxi in Inverness than it does to put a car into the Monaco GP.

Not meaning to p1ss on anyones firework, but in answer to the OP question, Id say were are in a false position. We have been punching well above our weight so far this season. Last season it was St Johnstone and Motherwell, this season it is us. Im a realist, and come the end of the season, i think we will be doing brilliant to be battling to be in the top half of the league.

Not meaning to p1ss on anyones firework, but in answer to the OP question, Id say were are in a false position. We have been punching well above our weight so far this season. Last season it was St Johnstone and Motherwell, this season it is us. Im a realist, and come the end of the season, i think we will be doing brilliant to be battling to be in the top half of the league.

We are not in a false position imo, we are where we deserve to be due to excellent performances and resilience. Just like we will be where we deserve to be at the end of the season wherever that may be. Not having self belief is something that will only hold back a smaller club.

• Agree 4

**** on what ya like but it wont be our parade.

Knew we'd thrash these an so it continues

We have been punching well above our weight so far this season. Last season it was St Johnstone and Motherwell, this season it is us. Im a realist, and come the end of the season, i think we will be doing brilliant to be battling to be in the top half of the league.

I have used the "punching above our weight" cliche a few times over the years, but this time I disagree. We are not punching above our weight, we are 2nd on merit and thats down to the team themselves and whatever and however Terry and Maurice are motivating them ....... and of course Billy McKay scoring when he wants to !

• Agree 3

Not sure how you deduce that we, or any other team, are punching above our weights any more. We were when we came into the league back in 04 and probably up until our relegation season. Since coming back two seasons ago I think we have matched every other team bar the twins. This season we have a team who can outplay and outperform any other in the league (barring the Steelers) so we are far from punching above our weight. We are on a par with them all. I can, however, understand how that would p1ss you off though Smee. Being the eternal pessimist you are it must be galling not to have so many opportunities to make negative comments.

We are 19 games into the season with 19 to go. 20 points clear of the bottom. 5 points off the top. Possibility of European football. Still in the two cups with a chance of at least one final. In a position where our team can actually enjoy their game more and therefore produce results. A position where the fans are so elated that they can accept that the odd defeat will happen but that we will still be strong and all you can do is try and pour water on the fire. You need to get a life mun.

• Agree 1

For once i have to agree with Alex. We are now in the best EVER form of our existence.

Second in the top flight of the country's football.

immense really.

I really feel another 3 points comin boxing day and the ultimate of beating the dwellers/shadows on the second.

Great times and fank feck the myans got it wrong

giruy c*unty

For once i have to agree with Alex. We are now in the best EVER form of our existence.

Second in the top flight of the country's football.

immense really.

I really feel another 3 points comin boxing day and the ultimate of beating the dwellers/shadows on the second.

Great times and fank feck the myans got it wrong

giruy c*unty

Aaahhhh but do you know that for definite or are we all just holograms. Besides they looked in a drawer and found another calendar.

Not sure how you deduce that we, or any other team, are punching above our weights any more. We were when we came into the league back in 04 and probably up until our relegation season. Since coming back two seasons ago I think we have matched every other team bar the twins. This season we have a team who can outplay and outperform any other in the league (barring the Steelers) so we are far from punching above our weight. We are on a par with them all. I can, however, understand how that would p1ss you off though Smee. Being the eternal pessimist you are it must be galling not to have so many opportunities to make negative comments.

We are 19 games into the season with 19 to go. 20 points clear of the bottom. 5 points off the top. Possibility of European football. Still in the two cups with a chance of at least one final. In a position where our team can actually enjoy their game more and therefore produce results. A position where the fans are so elated that they can accept that the odd defeat will happen but that we will still be strong and all you can do is try and pour water on the fire. You need to get a life mun.

Your such a pr1ck Alex and full of sh1t at times. If i am the eternal pessimist......please supply me with 10 negative comments i have made this year. Bare in mind i say negative....not to be confused with being a realist and being grounded.Should prove easy if im so negative! If we are not punching above our weight right now...why have we never reguarly featured in the top 6 most seasons? Lets rewind to this time last season and how dire things were. But cause ICT are having a good run.....many are pasting their pants over it.

Edited by SMEE

Your such a pr1ck Alex and full of sh1t at times. If i am the eternal pessimist......please supply me with 10 negative comments i have made this year. Bare in mind i say negative....not to be confused with being a realist and being grounded.Should prove easy if im so negative! If we are not punching above our weight right now...why have we never reguarly featured in the top 6 most seasons? Lets rewind to this time last season and how dire things were. But cause ICT are having a good run.....many are pasting their pants over it.

1. Not meaning to p1ss on anyones firework, but in answer to the OP question, Id say were are in a false position.
  2. We have been punching well above our weight so far this season.
  3. Im a realist, and come the end of the season, i think we will be doing brilliant to be battling to be in the top half of the league.
  4. Your such a pr1ck Alex full of sh1t at times.
  5. If i am the eternal pessimist......please supply me with 10 negative comments i have made this year.
  6. Bare in mind i say negative....not to be confused with being a realist and being grounded.
  7. Should prove easy if im so negative!
  8. If we are not punching above our weight right now...why have we never reguarly featured in the top 6 most seasons?
  9. Lets rewind to this time last season and how dire things were.
  10. But cause ICT are having a good run.....many are pasting their pants over it.

That's ten from one post.

• Agree 1

Alex, Due to extreme boredom, i decided to search thro ALL my ICT related posts i have made since the start of the season. Most of my posts are NON ICT related. But anyway, below is every single post i have made about ict this season. Please highlight where i live up to YOUR accusation of being the "eternal pessimist"

Good luck with it

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 August 2012 - 11:50 AM in ICT

'Alex MacLeod', on 05 Aug 2012 - 12:19, said:snapback.png

SMEE this was like a whole knew game. We didn't just play well in patches. We played well for the whole game. We kept the ball on the ground. We made very good passes and we controlled for most of the game. The only blip was the one that led to the equaliser. If this team can stay injury free and give the same performances as today we will be knowhere near the relegation zone. If our first competitive game of the season is anything to go by then we have some great games ahead.

Well....maybe this is the new approach. By all accounts, ICT played good stuff against Coventry, and took it thro to yesterdays game. So i for one hope its a new direction for ICT. I am a realist. As i have sed before...we are now a small fish in a big pond, and as long as we can finnish 11th or higher, i will be satisfied. I will be over the moon if we can acheive it by playing attractive football, coz at the end of the day...my NO 1 reason to go to watch footie, is to be entertained :) (bare in mind...my fave ICT game of all time....was a defeat for us )

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 August 2012 - 12:04 PM in ICT

Well....as far as im concerend, its a clean slate and a fresh start for ICTFC. I will give the lads time to bed in etc. i have been liking the reports i have been reading the last few games, and heres hoping this is the shape of things to come.

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 11 August 2012 - 02:05 PM in ICT

survival, whilst playing nice footie will do me :)

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 18 August 2012 - 03:57 PM in ICT

I will HAPPILY take a point from hearts every game we play them. Excellent point today, and by all accounts, we deserved it. So, all in all.......GREAT result!

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 25 August 2012 - 01:50 PM in ICT

Well, being honest...there are a few games where i think we should not expect to be picking up points too often. Celtic is one of them, so I canna complain about the result.

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 25 August 2012 - 03:45 PM in ICT

I thought things had been looking positive so far. yeah...the team had a bad day at the office, that was evident from the goal in the first few mins. You cant afford that agaisnt the likes of Celtic. But hey, as i say, lets put it into perspective, it was Celtic it was against. If your to have an off day against anyone...it may as well be them. it could have been worse, and happened against the likes off St Mirren or St Johnstone etc. That would be far harder to bare

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 September 2012 - 03:26 PM in ICT

Yay.....only 3pts off second place as things stand lol

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 September 2012 - 08:17 PM in ICT

I was hearing there was only 4409 there today. Is it just me...or is that a significant drop on previous attendances for the same fixture?

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 22 September 2012 - 04:42 PM in ICT

Decent point on our travels. I will settle for that :)

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 29 September 2012 - 02:38 PM in ICT

Thats Foran scored 6 goals in 5 games....is that right?

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 29 September 2012 - 03:05 PM in ICT

Im taking NOTHING for granted, unless we go 4-0 up

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 29 September 2012 - 03:42 PM in ICT

'RossP', on 29 Sept 2012 - 16:34, said:snapback.png

'SMEE', on 29 Sept 2012 - 16:05, said:snapback.png

Im taking NOTHING for granted, unless we go 4-0 up

*ahem*

I meant to say 10-0

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 October 2012 - 02:51 PM in ICT

ICT 3-1 Ross C*unty

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 October 2012 - 08:30 PM in ICT

I did predict 3-1 to ict!!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 October 2012 - 08:32 PM in ICT

That was NEVER a booking for dorans!!!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 05 October 2012 - 08:43 PM in ICT

'SMEE', on 05 Oct 2012 - 15:51, said:snapback.png

ICT 3-1 Ross C*unty

AHEM.....do i win a prize :P

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 08 October 2012 - 01:35 PM in ICT

Having watched the game on the box.....as far as noise created, i would say County fans were more noisy. I only heard ICT fans on a few occasions. But hey...we won , so thats all that matters. Would be nice for the players tho....to get to play in front of a really voiceiferous support

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 19 October 2012 - 08:40 PM in ICT

EXCELLENT result......THESE are the games we need to win to ensure survival. Well done ICT

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 19 October 2012 - 08:51 PM in ICT

Top scorers in the league (22 goals for)..7 more than next highest....sadly tho...second worst defence lol. But hey...im not bothered as long as wee stay one place ahead of bottom place...or more :)

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 03 November 2012 - 05:17 PM in ICT

Well done ICT. EXCELLENT result on the road. This could be the best chance ever to finish in the top half of the league. Hopefully we can keep the results coming.

On another note......it sure is going to be the most interesting season ever in the SPL methinks. I think everyone is capable of beating the others on their day. Makes for a more exciting league

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 10 November 2012 - 01:51 PM in ICT

who didint see that coming

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 18 November 2012 - 02:40 PM in ICT

Law of averages states we were due a beating. 1-5 is a bit of a pasting tho

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 18 November 2012 - 03:45 PM in ICT

'DoofersDad', on 18 Nov 2012 - 15:34, said:snapback.png

This result, just like Dundee's win against Hibs yesterday, is probably also a reflection of the sheer unpredictability of the league this year. 

I think this years SPL will be the closest league ever. I dont think there will be many points between the team that gets relegated and those who qualify for europe

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 08 December 2012 - 04:53 PM in ICT

EXCELLENT result. I was hopefull today...given our record over Hibees, but nevertheless, SUPERB stuff.

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 11 December 2012 - 03:44 PM in ICT

Yeah, good luck everyone. Lets hope they serve up a great game for everyone

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 11 December 2012 - 08:55 PM in ICT

Billy sure is on fire. hes having himself a rare old time

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 11 December 2012 - 09:37 PM in ICT

Well Done lads. Brilliant result!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 11 December 2012 - 09:57 PM in ICT

Surely has to be our best ever, first half of a season?

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 12 December 2012 - 12:19 AM in ICT

Sign of a good team they say, if you can play badly and still win!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 14 December 2012 - 03:46 PM in ICT

At this level, EVERY season, id like at least one decent-ish cup run and avoid relegation (even tho i like life in the lower leagues). If the team can acheive that, then i am generally satisfied. Id rather they did it by playing at least semi attractive footie every now and then tho :)

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 02:44 PM in ICT

s far as the game goes today, all things considered, i think a draw would be an excellent result

?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 03:23 PM in ICT

ICT look nervous in front of their own goal

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 03:28 PM in ICT

The wee man again....yay!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 03:34 PM in ICT

Nice finnish again by Billy.....shame it was offside lol

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 04:21 PM in ICT

Well Done Billy. I did say a draw would be an excellent result today. After 8 mins...i thought a drubbing was on the cards!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 15 December 2012 - 04:45 PM in ICT

unbelievable!!!

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on 20 December 2012 - 09:55 PM in ICT

Bringing in new faces would ruin things im sure. ICTs BIGGEST attribute in years gone by, was the fact they kept faith with the players they had, and only tweaked the squad here and there

photo-thumb-1310.gif?_r=0 Posted by SMEE on Today, 03:29 PM in ICT

Tricky game today. I will be well happy if we can get the points in the bag for this one

1. Not meaning to p1ss on anyones firework, but in answer to the OP question, Id say were are in a false position.
  2. We have been punching well above our weight so far this season.
  3. Im a realist, and come the end of the season, i think we will be doing brilliant to be battling to be in the top half of the league.
  4. Your such a pr1ck Alex full of sh1t at times.
  5. If i am the eternal pessimist......please supply me with 10 negative comments i have made this year.
  6. Bare in mind i say negative....not to be confused with being a realist and being grounded.
  7. Should prove easy if im so negative!
  8. If we are not punching above our weight right now...why have we never reguarly featured in the top 6 most seasons?
  9. Lets rewind to this time last season and how dire things were.
  10. But cause ICT are having a good run.....many are pasting their pants over it.

That's ten from one post.

You must have gone to school with Alex did ya? your definition of negativity is VERY different to mine!