FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor oot the door

Heilandee

anybody fancy him back?

DUNDEE UNITED have told out-of-favour David Proctor they won’t stand in the way if he can get fixed up elsewhere.

Proctor, a £30,000 Craig Brewster signing from Inverness Caledonian Thistle only five months ago, is in a slightly different position to that of David McCracken and Alan Archibald—who have been advised they won’t be offered new deals in the summer—in that he has two-and-a-half years left on his contract.

However it is clear, like McCracken and Archibald, his future lies away from Tannadice after getting only 26 minutes of first-team football under Craig Levein.

“Although David has longer left on his contract than Archie and Cracks, I’ve had a chat with him and his agent and said that if they could find anything suitable we’d be willing to discuss it,” said Levein.

If Charlie really rated Proctor, he would not have let him go.  He is a good player who can play in a number of positions, but he was not near claiming a regular first team slot, which is why he wanted to go.  He wanted to play football which is understandable.  I'm really disappointed that it hasn't worked out for him as I think he has the potential to go on and be successful.  Livingstone could be a possibility for him.  Hope it's settled soon.

But with Dods leaving and Golly on loan with the potential to turn into a permanent transfer surely a defensive utility player who knows the team would be beneficial? Defensive back up isnt overflowing just now is it?

The way ive read the situation looks like DUFC are willing to let him leave without a transfer fee. if we were to re-sign him for free what a bit of business it would be! £35k from Eddie T thanks very much!

The reason CC let him go was £35k. and with Rossco there Bambi was not going to get a regular game, so if he does return, it will be to the squad.

The question also comes into the equation regarding his 2 years left on a bigger salary than he would get here, will he sit and pick up wages or move and take a pay cut.

What about getting Proctor back and moving Rosscoe into the centre of defence? I think that RT gets done for pace too many times now in the SPL but he reads the game well and is very strong and would make an excellent central defender. Proctor could then take his place at the back?

That could mean that we'd have Proctor, Caff and Tokely who could cover the right hand side and centre of defence when injuries kick in.

Controversial Rig.... Sophia will come after you for that one.....  :018:

I agree... RT should be tried in central defence.... Not too sure about Proctor...if he's not good enough for Dundee United, he's not good enough for us..... :020:

Rossco is a frustrated number 9. He'd be great with Denzil along side him. Both are highly skilled forwards as we saw against Hibs. With this being his 300th game expect a special goal from him Sunday to claim his place up front next season. If Brewster can play until he is 40 let Rossco go forward and torment St Mirren from the front. That would create the space for Procter and a new Partner for Grant.

What about getting Proctor back and moving Rosscoe into the centre of defence? I think that RT gets done for pace too many times now in the SPL but he reads the game well and is very strong and would make an excellent central defender. Proctor could then take his place at the back?

That could mean that we'd have Proctor, Caff and Tokely who could cover the right hand side and centre of defence when injuries kick in.

Proctor isn't exactly Mr pace either.... if he was on offer for free I would definitely take him back as cover for our defence.  He is a decent player and can cover enough positions that he is well worth having in your squad.

Proctor isn't exactly Mr pace either.... if he was on offer for free I would definitely take him back as cover for our defence.  He is a decent player and can cover enough positions that he is well worth having in your squad.

I seem to mind him being able to keep pace with most players coming at him but that was the SFL 1.

I certainly wouldn't pay much for him. Maybe 5k max. Cheap git that I am.

I seem to mind him being able to keep pace with most players coming at him but that was the SFL 1.

I certainly wouldn't pay much for him. Maybe 5k max. Cheap git that I am.

typical highlander then :015:

Guest The Chieftain

Poor feckin' Proctor! It's that feckin' 'Highland Curse' again!  :015:

He should come back ta the magical mystical TCS n' have 'The Curse' lifted, he'd soon regain his lost form n' go on ta haunt The Grocer!

:018:Beware o' 'The Highland Curse'! :evil09:

Fifa allows Proctor's loan move

Dundee United right-back David Proctor has been given permission to join Airdrie United on loan until the end of the season.

The move had initially been blocked by the Fifa rule that prevents a player representing more than two clubs in the same season.

Proctor played for Inverness reserved before moving to Tannadice in August.

But it has now been decided that the appearance should not prevent the 22-year-old moving again.

Airdrie succeeded in their appeal to Fifa and Proctor will now join their battle against the drop in the First Division, with his debut likely to come away to Gretna on Saturday.