FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Good auld Gretna

SMEE

The craic is the fact that Mr Rowan Alexander was turned away from Fir Park at the entrance.

He said that he had turned up there to "do the job he is being paid for--i.e manage the club".

However, it appears that Brooks Milesome and the club Directors have a different view of his role now or in the future since there is comment on a recent BBC report from Brooks  that "a settlement is being worked out"--no subsequent updates about this it seems.

I mean , if a settlement is being worked out why would Mr Aleander show up for work other than to stress the fact that he and his lawyer are making a point that he has not yet been given formal notice.

I think that Brooks iis now feeling the finacial draught --evidenced by wholesale clear-outs prior to the start of the seson of older players, some of whom  have been classified as not fit for SPL duty in terms of ability.

Good luck Gretna--you are just experiencing your  :010:teething problems

From BBC site:

Alexander refused Fir Park access 

Former Gretna manager Rowan Alexander has been refused entry to Fir Park after reporting fit for work.

Gretna kick off their debut SPL season against Falkirk at Motherwell's Lanarkshire stadium, with Alexander's former assistant David Irons in charge.

Alexander's position at the club has been unclear since he took a leave of absence in March and Irons stepped in as caretaker coach.

Gretna have so far refused to comment on Alexander's future.

Having been turned away, Alexander released a statement, saying: "Today, as the Manager of Gretna FC, I attended Fir Park, Motherwell to do the job I am contracted to do.

"My representative, Kevin Drinkell, and my solicitor, Mr Leo Martin, have made numerous and repeated attempts to clarify and resolve my situation currently with Gretna FC, without success.

"As a friendly suggestion from (owner) Brooks Mileson, I took some time away from my role.

"Throughout, there has been nothing medically wrong with me. However, I have been requested by the club to stay away.

"Today, I am here to celebrate Gretna's achievements as the manager who has guided the club to a Scottish Cup Final, in to European competition, and through three divisions in to the SPL."

Alexander, who signed a five-year rolling contract in May 2006 along with Irons as his number two, had previously said that he hoped to return to his post after the summer break.

Gretna secured three successive promotions on their way to the SPL and reached the final of the Scottish Cup under Alexander's leadership.

Irons stepped in for the First Division title win which secured their promotion to the top flight.

_44039298_rowanfirpark270.jpg

In addition to this the official Gretna forum has been taken down due to Rowan Alexander posting.  One of his posts was reproduced on P&B:

From a legal standpoint, as I have never received written confirmation or any correspondence whatsoever as to my position as manager being terminated, I was advised by the legal team representing me to report back for duty as manager of Gretna.

However, after hearing the result against Falkirk today 4-0 thumping, I can only wish you all the best of luck because the future of Gretna does not look too good at all with Davie Irons ( the backstabbing little C***).

Gretna are not in safe hands at all and I know for a fact that the Brooks has spent nothing in closed season, because he'll gladly sit back and count all the money he gets from sitting in the Premier League, even if it's at the bottom of it and only for 1 season.

Rowan Alexander

:017:

What a mess! I honestly don't think that's Rowan Alexander posting, his Solicitor would be advising him to stay

well clear whilst they built the case - not give Brook more ammunition!

If it is Rowan, then I'm afraid he's just shown why Irons should be in charge.

Interesting though, what would happen if he hadn't turned up - could Gretna have claimed breach of contract and

been given grounds to terminate it? 

Can't wait for the next Gretna Documentary!!!!  :015:

Remember that ICT were written off after our first SPL game when we went down 3-0 to Livi. That said, Gretna didn't impress me at all when they came up to Victoria Park last season, and what's the craic with the way they're treating the manager who took them up all the leagues? Shocking.

TBH Gretna didnt actually look too bad yesterday, at least from the highlights ive seen, more a great falkirk preformance with latapy once again showing he is the most technically gifted player outside the OF