FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hearts wages not paid

PullMyFinger

Not a good sign for Hearts.

We heard similar stories at Gretna last year which were initially played down and then, before we knew it they, had gone to the wall!!!

Technical problems in bank transfers and clearing don't take "a few days" to sort out, not unless systems have gone into meltdown, and are normally sorted within hours in order to catch the next batch runs. I'd hazard a guess that this is more of a cash flow issue than a data flow issue.

It would be a travesty for the Scottish game for Hearts to go to the wall. They're a big club with alot of history and it's worrying to here that kind of news. Lets hope its less of a story than it is appearing.

Its another example of a big man with an ego coming in for a play toy then letting it go to ****. Hearts were niave to allow that clown to take over but lets face it, they were very eager and desperate to get rid of Big Chris and bit off the 1st hand that came along despite teams like a close to the wall Dundee turning him down.

The SFA must follow Englands lead and have a process of due diligence to make sure this kinda thing aint gonna happen.

It WILL kill the game.

On the other hand, should any of their players get made redundant we would be willing to cast the eye over the best here at ICT. This message is NOT for Calum Elliot!

Not a good sign for Hearts.

We heard similar stories at Gretna last year which were initially played down and then, before we knew it they, had gone to the wall!!!

Technical problems in bank transfers and clearing don't take "a few days" to sort out, not unless systems have gone into meltdown, and are normally sorted within hours in order to catch the next batch runs. I'd hazard a guess that this is more of a cash flow issue than a data flow issue.

As I said on P&B, you are absolutely right. No way would staff go unpaid due to 'technical issues'. Unless the issue is that 'technically' Romanov has run out of cash.

For some reason I keep thinking about Lehman Borthers...

Romanov does own a bank after all, and I bet everything is most certainly not all smiley and happy in his little business empire at the moment.

I'd be in favour of much tighter controls on club ownership; it would maybe have prevented what happened to Gretna. However, it would have to be stricter than the English system, which did after all let Thaksin buy into Man City, when he could in no way be described as a fit or trustworthy person to own or run a business of any kind!

Late payment of wages is very often a sign of worse to come. Given the extent of their debts to their owner and/or his companies the future could be grim for Hearts.

If the worst happened to the YAMS who would you take from their current set-up? I'd expect all the Kaunas mob would leave the country. Michael Steart for ICT. :rotflmao: