FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Quote Of The Season

Lionel is not the finished article and his quote shows him to be humble and that he is aware of this. This is his first SPL season and hasn't had a lot of match practice pre-Butcher. He is a skilled player who currently makes a few mistakes but always takes ownership of them. Get off his back and we'll see him come back next year fitter and better. I believe he'll turn into one of our best signings.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think right now he is our best option:

-Hastings wasn't any better before and he might even be injured but not sure

-Gathuessi i'm not sure even exists as i wasn't at the partick game so have never seen the guy

-Byrne been out for too long and i don't think he would be up to the pace of the SPL yet

-Vigurs is not an option at LB he has been pretty good when involved but just now we need experience, fight and hard graft which ther are other players better suited for that in midfield.

-McBain is a possibility but i'm just not sure about him

Also do any teams not have a LB problem there doesn't seem to be anyone cpable of playing there. the only real option we are left with is Zadi.

Feck me - a lot of Mental Health Act considerations on view today.

Not sharing your opinion is not as yet an offence.

It is when it is clearly delusional.

Lionel is a massive talent and you my friend, are in denial.

Lionel is not the finished article and his quote shows him to be humble and that he is aware of this. This is his first SPL season and hasn't had a lot of match practice pre-Butcher. He is a skilled player who currently makes a few mistakes but always takes ownership of them. Get off his back and we'll see him come back next year fitter and better. I believe he'll turn into one of our best signings.

[/quote

:blah01:

From a professional stance I have to try and protect 5th Stand here - it is often detrimental to the mental state of the sufferer to mock the inflicted - I fear that that small smiley may only serve to strengthen his underlying delusional belief system - I fear that he will be back soon and giving us a rational for his comment - I beseech you all to hold back the laughter and appease him - whilst I get the papers ready.

Sorry to disagree with the majority and no doubt compromise my reputation as a sane human being, but I totally disagree with the brutal criticisms of big Lionel!

He does make SOME mistakes but for **** sake lads, we are a bottom six SPL team with limited pulling factors and available funds! We are NEVER going to have a flawless back four! He has put in a lot of effort and has played out of skin in several games this season, not to mention in his incredible performance against Rangers!! For his first SPL season he has definitely adapted far better than the likes of Andy Barrowman!

Give him until next season and see how he fares!

Barrowman can make mistakes and get away with it - Lionel cant and doesnt. The criticisms arent "brutal" - they are factual - even Lionel admits to them. He always puts in a lot of effort he always plays out of his skin - He had a great nite at Castle Greyskull and even was Ok in the second half in midweek - but he is a complete and utter liability - the support cheer him when he gets anything rite - he is a bit of a cult / joke figure - he is the underdog and that appeals to some people.

But Butcher is sticking by him and many of us cannot fathom why - we are in a pressure cooker and we have one player in particular who may implode. Give him to the end of the season and get in a feckin footballer.

But Butcher is sticking by him and many of us cannot fathom why -

And it is because Butcher can make instinctive, excellent decisions like THAT that our defense has hardened (even against the big 2) with Lionel's introduction and we are hopefully on the road to SPL safety!

If he had been a key player and we were 3 points a drift at the foot of the table then maybe he could be a just victim of these pelters!!

Agree to disagree.

Well I am really annoyed with Renegade.

He let the cat out of the bag and that after swearing him to secrecy.

I have long been of he opinion that Lionel should be transferred to the left wing out of harm's way and in that position he would cause consternation in the opposing defences with his strength and flair.

And there Rennie goes telling you this salient fact as if it is his own idea.

Jepers--that's what I get for coming on here late..... :(

To be fair, Hastings was far from impressive in the 1st half of the season and according to pre match talk last week aint match fit anyway.

Gatheussi hasnt played and has a reputation similar to that of Lionel in terms of a little dangerous.

Byrne is not the answer.

I'd maybe take McBain there but Zadi hasnt been that awful. Dropped a few clangers but so have alot of players. Good cross for Imrie in the midweek game too.

He is a little unpredictable. Gets the heart going a bit but i wouldnt say there is currently a better option available at present taking form ability and fitness into consideration.