How big was Dundee's lead ?

12th Man

There has been a bit of speculation over the lead they had on us

To clear things up on 19/12/09 and 26/12/09 they were 12 points ahead and we had played the same amount of games.

By 17/1/10 they were 15 points ahead of us, we had 2 games in hand but they had the points on the board.

15 points and you threw it away !!!

Nice to gloat, but remember we did a similar thing last season. Lets not give them a reason to get some motivation against us. We might just need a draw against them on the last day to pip county

Fair point, what we have achieved counts for nothing unless we keep pushing on.

Its more of a reply to the gloating of 2-0 and you threw it away.

County wont have enough fit players by the end of the season.

Edited by 12th Man

It was a big lead but the thing is at the moment they still have a lead - now we have got to where we are in the league and memories still fresh of last season's end of season low I wouldn't like to go into the last game having to beat Dundee or get a draw.

I want it to be over before that and the only way to do that is to keep on winning.

But yes a worrying time iindeed f you are a Dee fan.... :024:

I really hope it is all done and dusted by the 1st of May... Not sure I could handle another last day shootout, memories of Falkirk are still too fresh...

Having said that, it would be some game if it does come down to it. And wouldn't it be nice to pass Falkirk on their way down?

I really hope it is all done and dusted by the 1st of May... Not sure I could handle another last day shootout, memories of Falkirk are still too fresh...

Having said that, it would be some game if it does come down to it. And wouldn't it be nice to pass Falkirk on their way down?

Definitely. I still think it will be us or Dundee on the last day. It's going to be a battle of the bottle...before, during, and after thee game!! :024:

There has been a bit of speculation over the lead they had on us

To clear things up on 19/12/09 and 26/12/09 they were 12 points ahead and we had played the same amount of games.

By 17/1/10 they were 15 points ahead of us, we had 2 games in hand but they had the points on the board.

15 points and you threw it away !!!

I would give anything to sing this the last day of the season. Ive been at both games they have sung the dreaded *shivver* '2-0 and you f'd it up!' chant. I love to get one back on then.

BUT...i want the league done and dusted by then. Dundee have to be our bogey team - we punish them the whole game and we still get nothing! I said to my mate after the last game at Dens that we could be 10-0 up, with 89 mins to go, and they will still take something.

Was at a meeting today and sat at my table were a Falkirk diehard, and a Dundee Diehard. Interesting conversation developed, and both were full of passion and strongly beleive they will be playing each other next season. However, both with new managers in place, conceded that it will be in the SFL, and not the SPL. Falkirk fan thought they just didnt have enough to battle there way out of trouble two years on the row, saying they dont have anyone to "spark" them to life at all.

Dundee fan suggested that they lost the league weeks ago, and having been at the game last night said they were even more nervous that when Jocky was there. Asked him who he thought was going to go up, and he said all the Dundee fans reckon we will have won it before the final game. Said what about Pars and County, but he then said Caley Thistle are they only team to have played them off the park in every game this season.

Falkirk fan also said that Rossco was conned when he got sent off in the final game last year, seemingly player admitted he played for it and got what he wanted - Rossco off!!

100% agree....

Wouldn't it ve even better though to go up on goal difference! That'd really make Dundee sick and truely avenge our relegation last term (especially if falkirk pass on the way down :P )

Seems a lot of people are forgetting about other teams involved in the title race. I am sure County and Dunfermline have a bit to say and QotS and Partick will also affect where the title ends up.

Very exciting / nerve racking though!

Do not write off Dunfermline, QOS, Partick, Dundee or Ross County or underestimate Raith, Ayr and Moreton at our peril!

We lost the fight last year because Big Ter wanted safety too soon instead of taking each game to the wire and fighting to the end.

This is a very tough league.

Do not write off Dunfermline, QOS, Partick, Dundee or Ross County or underestimate Raith, Ayr and Moreton at our peril!

We lost the fight last year because Big Ter wanted safety too soon instead of taking each game to the wire and fighting to the end.

This is a very tough league.

On the same note don't write off ICT either,against Airdrie, 4-0 up still pushing for more goals and defending like they had a 1 goal lead to protect.

Just forget about last year its gone, I have faith in the players, T&M and the team spirit.

I just hope there lead wasn't big enough for them to be caught. If it results go our way tomorrow it could be them trying to catch us.

Tomorrow is going to be a tough game for us. Fingers crossed for a win. (And a County and Dundee 0-0 draw.)