FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Shane Sutherland is filling out nicely and he is not afraid to have a go, so bye bye Adam.

Just wish he could hit the back of the net now and then....

Hope somebody passes on Wanderers post to Rooney.. that scares me.

Edited by caley100

Wanderer confirmed my previous advice about the physicality of Soviet Bloc football. My wife had a friend in Odessa, Ukraine, whose hubby was a player and what I gained from what she said about him was that it was a profession which you did to avoid the coalminesand that he spent a lot of time on the table getting treatment for his injuries.

So It woudl appear that if Adam is very serious about this supposed bid from the Russians then he should make a proviso in the contract that at the very least they fly him out to the town to have alook around. He won't know what is about to hit him, however,since the stars in his eyes and the thought of all the lolly will lull him into a false sense of reverie.

12 years ago (and apparently virtually nothing has changed much in Ukraine)I stepped off the plane in Odessa, Ukriane, as a guy with an AK47 submachine gun stood at the top of the aircraft stairs glowering at me as I exited the 'plane and carried my wee bag past him.Then someone tried to steal my case off the luggage carousel in the dingy airport whilst I let out a stentorian roar "HEH! all of which aroused the very noisy mirth of the assmebled passengers whilst said thief made off fast into the night.The next shock was watching parking tickets being handed out by coppers also carrying loaded AK47's, crumbling buildings, parks that looked as if the grass had been mown only once in a few years and so on . Nothing wrong with the people and they might take to Adam but it is he that will need a monumental adjustment in his psychologiocal make-up.

Oh and that is not even talking about the corruption. You need a deep pocket for bribes to get anywhere or anything. Taxis are no probl, however, --you just wave down the nearest car and hand him a few rubles (rooblays) and Bob's yer uncle.

I ended up leaving Odessa after 3 weeks really in a bit of a state of depression since I was very sad thinking that it is a damn shame that the very poor people anywhere had to live in such conditions.

I also thought that it would be a damn good thing if all the children in Canada were sent over there on some kind of exchange programme so that they could come home and appreciate all that they have in this country and how well-off and blessed we have with all our relative wealth and freedom.

And that is it from me--$100,000 is too small for ICT to reap a decent amount of money if they have to pay out 40% to the other club but they maybe would be advised to accept a larger bid since for sure he will be offski somewhere else in the not too distant future.

Good luck to Adam wherever he ends up --it will at least be a learning experience for him, albeit he may be a bit too young to be thrown into the bearpit quite yet.

It might either make him or break him methinks.

• Agree 3

Living in an East European country can take a bit of adjustment but it all depends on the individual whether they can do it successfully. Moving to Russia is definitely not like a move to Germany, Holland, France or even Italy. Most footballers can't cope with it due to the nature of their upbringing within the sport - the lack of British/Irish players playing abroad proves that but one or two are successful. Sheridan is at CSKA Sofia but not sure how much longer that will last (after visiting most of the stadiums now he probably wishes he stayed in Scotland). :biggrin:

I agree with Mantis I do not think Rooney is a natural finisher either but he has moved on a long way from the player that first arrived at ICT and he has worked hard to turn himself into a decent front player with the opportunity to carve himself out a good career in the English League.

He will be missed but it is not the end as there are other young strikers out there that are starting to prove themselves - look at a certain Rory McAllister at Brechin (scored again last night against QoS)- but I don't think he will be coming back.

I am sure Terry and Maurice are looking at potential replacements should the inevitable happen - would think it would more likely be a striker who is a little more experienced in the 30+ bracket in order that we can keep our momentum going and not put too much presure on the younger players that are still developing at the club to fill the void.

Still think he is more likely to end up heading off to an English club though unless Lennon thinks he needs a few more Irish players in his squad. :rolleyes:

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Aye, some good points TBB, I'd agree that we really need some more experience in that team, not clever to put too much pressure on youngsters coming through.

Cant see Rooney going abroad, championship more likely.

Butch says they want to double the ?50k they spent on Adam, which is fair enough as he's now seen as an SPL goalscorer which is a big improvement from when he arrived here.

So looks like ?150-160k to get his autograph.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but due to his age (23) is there not something about clubs being compensated if they lose a player up to this age. I remember something about even if they didn't re sign you were still entitled to money as you developed the talent?

I'm not sure how accurate this is but due to his age (23) is there not something about clubs being compensated if they lose a player up to this age. I remember something about even if they didn't re sign you were still entitled to money as you developed the talent?

No we didn't, he developed as a player here but not in our youth set-up.

Are Stoke due a percentage of any fee we get for him?

40% of the fee.

Butch says they want to double the ?50k they spent on Adam, which is fair enough as he's now seen as an SPL goalscorer which is a big improvement from when he arrived here. So looks like ?150-160k to get his autograph.

Think that sounds about right .... ?50k paid .... so a valuation of ?167k less Stoke's 40% (?66,800) would leave ICT with a couple of hundred quid over ?100k which is what it seems Butchers indicates we would be looking for.

Dont think that is unreasonable for someone at the top end of the SPL scoring charts and who has scored 46 in a little over 100 games (albeit many were outside the top flight).

Still holding out hope he might stay but with every passing day that hope fades :sad:

The double figure/statement seems to be press interpretation (we refused 100k so must want more than double), what Butcher is quoted as saying is that "We value the player a lot higher than what has been offered"

We've not actually had any confirmation on what the offer is/was, the P&J just seem to be sticking to the 6 figures = ?100k road which they've pedalled since they broke the rumour and are building their story around that.

All we do know for certain (well, from quoted club sources) is that we've had an offer and it's been rejected.

(we refused 100k so must want more than double)
but if the offer was 100K we would end up with only 60K after Stoke's cut ... my assumption or hypothesis was based on us receiving 100K clear after all parties have taken their cut. that would require a bid of 167K.

All we do know for certain (well, from quoted club sources) is that we've had an offer and it's been rejected.

that is probably the most accurate thing in this thread so far ! Guess we just have to wait and see .... everything else is just hope, speculation or rumour