FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Year derby LIVE on Alba.

Charles Bannerman

BBC Alba and the SPL have today announced that the New Year derby in Dingwall on Wednesday January 2nd will be the first game to be broadcast live as part of a new deal which will see Alba carry three SPL games per season live. This is in addition to a further 35 with delayed transmission (ie the current arrangement) normally airing at 5:30 on Saturdays. Kick off in Dingwall on January 2nd will be at 3:05pm.

It has already been announced that the Highland Derby Scottish Cup tie will be live on BBC Scotland on Saturday December 1st.

Hopefully this doesn‘t stop the away end selling out.

Why KO is at 3:05 and not 3? No big deal but seems bizarre. I know Alba doesn‘t usually start until 4 so maybe they will start the show at 3 to save monies?

I would imagine it will be a case of on air at 3pm, a five minute intro to the game and straight into the football. This is quite normal in this situation and it's also the way Alba do their televised shinty coverage - on air at 4pm with throw up at 4:05. With the capacity of Victoria Park just over 6000 (inc an away end of 2000) and the game being on a holiday, I would hope that the game would still sell out. If it had been a case of selling 7700 in Inverness that might have been different.

• Agree 1

Hopefully this doesn‘t stop the away end selling out.

Why KO is at 3:05 and not 3? No big deal but seems bizarre. I know Alba doesn‘t usually start until 4 so maybe they will start the show at 3 to save monies?

I would imagine it will be a case of on air at 3pm, a five minute intro to the game and straight into the football. This is quite normal in this situation and it's also the way Alba do their televised shinty coverage - on air at 4pm with throw up at 4:05. With the capacity of Victoria Park just over 6000 (inc an away end of 2000) and the game being on a holiday, I would hope that the game would still sell out. If it had been a case of selling 7700 in Inverness that might have been different.

There will be a lot of throwing up in dingwall when we beat them again!