7 Gretna (LDLDW)

6 Celtic (WWLDL)

5 Dundee United (WDLWL)

4 Motherwell (DWWWL)

3 Falkirk (WLWDW)

2 Rangers (LWWWW)

1 Caley Thistle (WWWWW)

HOW GOOD DOES THAT LOOK?  :015: :015: :015: :021: :022: :022:

Let's look at the facts. We steal 3 points from a very good St Mirren. They can't believe it nor can we. We beat an understrength Dundee United who even Gretna can beat and whose Manager is less than complementary about their defeat to us as the diddy team. We have good fortune against Hibs. They dominate the game, they feel they should have a clear penalty, the ball was over the line etc.  They deserved to win but as a result their Manager throws himself on his sword. Celtic come expecting a 5 or 6 goal victory. They are completely bambozled by our tactics. They expect a rugged first half but we gift them two goals and they get it into their minds they are destined to be European Champions. McGeady forgets he is on 15 disciplinary points and has amazing misfortune finding that Black is as cool as a cucumber when being wound up and gets booked himself. Strachan is beside himself when we score three simple goals most courtesy of the referee who was conned by Lennon's theatrical dive to get Juango sent off. We witness McDonald suddenly showing no resistance to a tackle and off goes Procter. McDonald follows but Celtic with their millionaires just cannot roger the diddy team. We were lucky boys.

Then we go to Tynecastle. Frail cannot believe that a diddy team can beat his highly paid team of loan stars. They claw themselves back from the brink and then botch it in the last minute.

So that's five dodgy victories we have had and not one opposing manager has said 'they deserved it'. Each has been by the smallest of margins. Luck has really been on our side.

Falkirk will be the ultimate test. No messing, they tore Motherwell's 5 game winning streak apart. They feel aggrieved at their Caledonian Stadium defeat and will be ready to ambush us. When bubbles burst, they burst. This is the critical game of our season. We must not lose. If ever Marius had to score a special goal, this is it.

Who really gives a flying ****** about how we won.

We have picked up 15 points from 5 games.

I'll certainly take another 15 points from the next 5 games even if they are stupid, controversial, lucky results.

So that's five dodgy victories we have had and not one opposing manager has said 'they deserved it'. Each has been by the smallest of margins. Luck has really been on our side.

Not one opposing manager has given us any credit 'cos they're a bad losing shower of knuts....

There is a new spirit about ICT now that wasn't there before... the heads could have down after Vinegar's brace last week - likewise being clawed back to 2 : 2 yesterday - The past two games they have finished by far the stronger side - they are now going into each game believing they can win it...

If they can conjure up a win against Falkirk (won't be easy) then the sky's the limit.

The transformation of this team over the past 6 weeks has been dramatic to say the least...

Brewster's a feckin genius....!!

I tend to agree with celtic1caley3's summation. Glad there are others who ( may enjoy the results) but have the ability to appraise the situation for how it really is without getting carried away

When you get down to it, appraising the situation is the job of the club, manager and players.

Hope and expectation are entirely different things and what I see is a lot of fans getting excited and hopeful. I don't think too many people expect more from the team than to go out there and give a good account of themselves.  If they continue to do that as they have then we'll get our fair share of goals and points....and yes, we'll get our fair share of luck as well, but that's just part of the game.

For the first time in a while we've actually got something to get excited about and I think it's seriously bad craic to be trying to p!ss on anyones parade.  As was said above...this is not the "norm", certainly not compared to our history in the SPL...so lets make the best of it while it's happening, because if the doom and gloom merchants are right then we may not get the chance again for a while.

The five Managers subject to defeat by ICT have all found the experience difficult to take.

1. St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson "The referee had a major influence on the game without a shadow of a doubt," said MacPherson.

I am not saying the referee has cost us the game... he is young and maybe still a little bit inexperienced for this level of football.'

2. Craig Levein 'Dundee United head coach Craig Levein has played down his clash with fourth official Eddie Smith following his side's 1-0 home defeat by Inverness Caledonian Thistle....he spoke to me like a child.' 'Even with the players we had out I still think we should have won the game and that is the disappointing side of it.'

3. Hibs were sensationally denied a goal that should have stood. 'There is no point in mumping and moaning about it, it's done and dusted. (10 days later  'Hibernian have confirmed that John Collins has resigned as manager with immediate effect.') Television showed the ball was well over the line. It wasn't just over the line, it was well over. I thought we were forcing the game in the second half and had them on the back foot.

4. Gordon Strachan, was shocked by the defeat and questioned some of the referee's decisions. felt we deserved to win, there's no doubt about that. Somebody asked me how I feel and I've got absolutely no feeling for this in terms of describing it. It was such an easy game.'

5. Frail - he could not recall a more disheartening experience in his career. "It's probably the worst in my whole time involved in football."  told BBC Radio Scotland..

From Hearts : Today's match at Tynecastle between Hearts and Inverness Caledonian Thistle, which the visitors won 3-2, can really only be described as something of a pantomime. Clearly the Hearts management team decided that it was in everyone's best interests to really get into the Christmas spirit, with the main character in the play being the beleaguered goalkeeper Eduardas Kursis. Kursis ensured that the fans were kept entertained for the duration of the match, and it was a shame for the paying public when the referee decided to rob us of the main act by dishing out a red card in the latter stages. A match report of sorts (This was quite possibly the strangest football match I've ever attended at Tynecastle. Believe me, to even get close to that particular 'accolade' takes some doing, as I've seen some pretty strange ones over the years, but I honestly haven't been at a match before where I've left the ground with such mixed emotions) will appear on this site tomorrow, but in the meantime I think it's important that we keep our sense of humour intact....otherwise the tears will be of an entirely different sort to those that would have been running down the faces of the small band of Caley fans this afternoon....!

Thank goodness we have Yogi to speak next Wednesday. Regardless of the result he will give us fair and human comments.

Since we got into the scottish leagues ICT have always gone on long runs of victories and long runs of defeats.  It is nothing new and the current run will end and we may go 4 games or so with nothing but as long as you enjoy the good the bad doesn't always seem so bad.  Feel free to **** on my firecraker but as it is ICT, I shall just light another one.

GJ

Just being cautious - other teams have got cocky and copped it. We have got cocky and copped it. We started the season under 10CC with 'the fittest squad he had seen pre-season'. We then went on a run which created a fair degree of worry. We are actually on a fantastic run and nobody other than the five Managers quoted above can take anything away from the players. They have responded magnificently.

Experience teaches us to be cautious because the drop can be painful. We do believe in the guys pulling on the jersey and hope they do well against Falkirk. Just that Yogi is a Wiley old fox. Let's hope Craig is slightly shrewder. A 4-0 gubbing would not be nice. The management team at Caley Stadium will be aware of this and no doubt have the boys on triple sessions tomorrow.

People can analyse till their blue in the face but the hard facts are that the team who, when the final whistle goes, have the most goals is the team who gets the points. Yes luck can play a part but it plays the same part for other teams. Last Aberdeen game we gave them the goals. I could say Strachans team had the luck to salvage a point yesterday. In most games its the team who keeps their heads high and fights to the end that all the luck falls to and over a whole season it will all balance out.

Incidently, while your all tucking into the christmas food and drink spare a thought for the ICT squad who are not getting the day of.

Now that I totally agree with and hope I never experience. These fifteen points, fortunate or not, have given us massive breathing space - Prior to be beating Gretna we were a team really at a crossroads. We have actually won 15 out of a possible 21 since the second "round" began. We are fairly comfortably in mid table security already and again we can breathe that it easier as the turkey and stuffing hits the waistlines. I would gladly take two home wins out of the next four games - anything else would be an absolute bonus. Also have to say that the miraculous turn around in Fraser has played a big part, the return of confidence to Granty, Duncan is back in his niche and in Black, Cowie and Rankin we have the best midfield trio in the SPL.

Live life fully while you're here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You're going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process.

You make your own luck. We may not have the talented players that the others have (although Marius, Blackie, Rankin and Denzil might have to say something about that) but the one thing I have seen in the five games we have won is that our boys have wanted it twice as much as the other teams, and I beleive credit for that should go to Brewster.

And btw C1C3 what game were you watching, we were all over Hibs, particularly the first half. And the ball did not cross the line.

You make your own luck. We may not have the talented players that the others have (although Marius, Blackie, Rankin and Denzil might have to say something about that) but the one thing I have seen in the five games we have won is that our boys have wanted it twice as much as the other teams, and I beleive credit for that should go to Brewster.

And btw C1C3 what game were you watching, we were all over Hibs, particularly the first half. And the ball did not cross the line.

C/O The Ivory Tower.

[img width=500 height=375]http://www.homestead.com/NEVERENDINGSTORYVAN/IVORY_TOWER.JPG

The term Ivory Tower designates a world or atmosphere where intellectuals engage in pursuits that are disconnected from the practical concerns of everyday life. As such, it has a pejorative connotation, denoting a willful disconnect from the everyday world; esoteric, over-specialized, or even useless  :crazy07: :sillywave:

C/O The Ivory Tower.

[img width=500 height=375]http://www.homestead.com/NEVERENDINGSTORYVAN/IVORY_TOWER.JPG

The term Ivory Tower designates a world or atmosphere where intellectuals engage in pursuits that are disconnected from the practical concerns of everyday life. As such, it has a pejorative connotation, denoting a willful disconnect from the everyday world; esoteric, over-specialized, or even useless   :crazy07: :sillywave:

:017: