pies and bovril

TopSix

The steak pies at the stall under the stand are pretty damn good, probably not Dougals ones, were they not made by a firm in Hoontleh?

Aye they're no bad now, the only complaint would be they are a bit small. Other than that though, they're pretty tasty. Chicken Curry ones are awryt too. :rotflmao:

Still never ever had a Killie pie :rotflmao:

get yourself along to Fairfield stores Kev (or spar or whatever its called these days) on Montague Row in Dalneigh, as i believe they sell Killie Pies. I keep meaning to try one myself!

Edited by SMEE

I don't usually bother with the food at games, interferes with effects of beer and vodka intake, but as I was driving last Saturday I did manage a couple of ICT pies, and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Very tasty. Now I know what I've been missing I may try some next time...but there again, I won't be driving next time, and I think a visit to the Innes pre match will take care of any dietry needs, ie 2 bags of salt n vinegar :lol:

In my yoof during Uni break I did a stint as a driver to the main local bakery. One of my jobs was to collect the meat for the meat pies and sausage rolls from the buchers every second or third day . It came in a couple of big black rubbish bags and was so rancid I had to drive with all the windows open and my head stuck out the window so I could breath and avoid the disgusting rotten smell emanating from the bags.

The bakers wore white dust masks when they opened the bags to use the meat in the baking. The sight of the meat was sickening. I have never eaten or touched a meat pie or sausage roll since. I asked all the bakers if they ate the pies and sausage rolls they made and they all said - no way! Did they eat pies and sausage rolls made by other bakeries - no way!

Enjoy your pies guys!