FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Hibs

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

This will be interesting with Duncan and Cox in contention again and I reckon Foran should be rested - on the bench - even if he is fit.

My team would be:

ESSON

DUFF ROSSCOE GRANTY SHINNIE

HAYES DUNCAN COX ROSS

OBDHIAMBHO

ROONEY

But I reckon TB will go fer:

ESSON

McCANN ROSSCOE GRANTY SHINNIE

HAYES DUNCAN DUFF ROSS

FORAN

ROONEY

Think you are right about that and I would prefer to see your selection than the suggested TB selection.

I suspect that Foran is always so desperate to play, he makes light of his stomach muscle problem, but it is clearly affecting his play, and he should be rested. He could create serious long term problems if he insists on trying to play through the pain barrier.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Something in the back of my head is telling me that the situation with Forans stomach was in the papers earlier in the year and it was stated that whilst it was creating discomfort, playing wasn't doing him any further damage.

In saying that, he does look to have been suffering more the last couple of games I have seen, and whilst he may not be doing any more damage, I think it is having an impact on his game.

The question is....are we better off with an 80% fit Foran or someone else? For me, that all depends on the opposition. If/When we are up against more physical opponents I think we need his presence on the park, but I do think Butcher should (and perhaps might be desperate to) seek opportunities to rest him....if it's going to help.

I don't think his playing has cost us any games and we have to trust that Terry knows what the situation is, is keeping a handle on it and will change it if/when it looks likely to become a hindrance to the team.

Liking IHE's team but i would stick with the same formation we genereally use.

Esson

Duff, Tokely, Munro, Shinnie

Cox, Duncan

Hayes, Odhiambo, Ross (depending on Forans fitness)

Rooney

Subs: Tuffey, Golabek, McBain, Morrison, Sanchez, Foran/Ross, Sutherland

-----------------------Esson

Duff --------------------------------------Shinnie

-----------------Tokely Munro©

--------Duncan-------------------Cox

Ross-------Sanchez--------------Hayes

-----------------------Rooney

Subs: Tuffey,Mcbain, Foran, Odhiambo,Morrison, Innes

Sanchez is needing a run out i think aach give him a chance, Odiambo super sub, Mcbain because i enjoy watching him warm up (watching the game) I have a soft spot for him (just hope he doesnt get used and hurts himself..) Foran Resting but on the touch line to shout, Morrison just cos we need a back up for the mid drift.

With Hibs being on a somewhat resurgence over the last couple of games I would start with a 4-3-3 and play Duncan in the middle (if he's fit) and stick Duff to right back to cover for McCann. Personally I'd have him there anyway as his distribution is far better than McCanns. Leave Odi on the bench and try and contain the midfield and pass them out of the game.

I also agree Foran needs to be rested, he can't keep playing with his stomach problem but then I think he's the type of player who gives his all and always wants to play. It's a tough decision for TB, do you leave out your determined captain who'll fight for the cause or do you bring someone else in and leave him on the bench? If it were me for this game I'd bring Cox in instead, Foran would make more of an impact from the bench than Cox would if roles were reversed.

It's on the SFA web site, discipline.

DEREK RIORDAN (HIBERNIAN F.C.)

1 SPL First Team match immediate

and 1 SPL First Team match from 21/11/2010

Decided by the sfa disciplinary committee.

He was sent off in the Edinburgh derby a couple of weeks ago.