News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

The Caley Curse

Tug

was thinking today about the caley curse... it does seem to still be active with rooney not even making the bench now at brum (ok maybe there are circumstances etc but you get my point) and i was wondering who do folks think have been the biggest loosers and winners with the curse..

i.e biggest drop off/fall and who has gone on to better things

for me i think mikey fraser and mark brown both had pretty spectacular drop offs

don cowie i think must go down as our best immediate success

• Agree 1

Pele....without a shadow of a doubt.

Reading his book it's clear he had his problems whilst with us, but when he moved on it was more than his managerial carrier that fell apart.

Whether his implosion was inevitable and would have happened regardless we will never know...but the loss of a network of friends/colleagues who know about his demons and supported in various ways (for better or worse) doubtless played a huge factor in his sudden and dramatic fall.

Don't know if I can agree with either Fraser or Brown. Mike was going to be the second string keeper of a relegated team. He's now the first choice (I think!) of an SFL1 promotion chasing team. Not much of a difference really.

Brown was always going to be second choice at Celtic. Probably still a step up most keepers would take. Look at Alexander. One of the best keepers in the country but content to sit on the bench at Rangers. Now Brown is at a bigger club than ICT and with a fighting chance of becoming their regular if he takes his chance. Again, about equal. He could have gone further mind if he had left us for Hibs or so back then. Not really dropping though, just not reaching higher.

I'd maybe say Dargo was the biggest fall. His performance for the Buddies was shocking. Considering he was going to be our highest paid player and team mainstay, he's fallen pretty far.

What about Alan Morgan? I know his contract just wasn't renewed so he technically didn't leave out of choice, but his career plummeted after leaving ICT (even more so if you count that he used to be at Blackburn).

Edit - I see he's playing East Lothian Juniors football now at Mussellburgh United. I didn't realise that he's still only 27.

Edited by Renegade

I see he's playing East Lothian Juniors football now at Mussellburgh United. I didn't realise that he's still only 27.

He had actually dropped further than that, down to Amateurs for a season, before getting into Juniors.

Apparently Sheerin is being touted for the fermville manager position in the Express today. One bucking the curse?

His main job these days is delivering bouquets of flowers! But yes, he has consistently been very successful since leaving ICT. Ayr Utd first(more than doubling his wages apparently), Aberdeen, St Johnstone where he is a club legend, and then a decent start to his managerial career.

What about Alan Morgan? I know his contract just wasn't renewed so he technically didn't leave out of choice, but his career plummeted after leaving ICT

Similarly, whatever happened to Lionel? Almost 18 months since he left us and I can't find a single reference to him playing anywhere except in Football Manager. Even if he's non-league back in France, these clubs still have websites so you'd think he's appear in a search. He's either changed his name to make a fresh start, or preferred working at Eurodisney and has quit football altogether.

Anyway, someone who has been out of football for so long is a free agent in pretty much the same way that I am or you are.

FROM THE INVERNESS COURIER:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle under-siege manager Terry Butcher revealed today he was preparing to unveil two exciting Free Agents to strengthen his starting eleven.

Butcher told the Courier in an exclusive interview: "A mate of Mo's knows a bit about that Interweb thing and came across these 2 free agents. This goes to show we don't leave any stone unturned, however grubby that job is, in finding the talent to help us move up the table."

The two new signings Ing Wie, described by FIFA's player registry as a Chinese holding midfielder that holds the centre circle in the same way Colonel Gadaffi holds Sirte; and My Cloud a native American forward of Scottish descent who fills the hole behind the target man.

Butcher later added: "I'm staking my job on these signings so keep your shoes on folks."

IHE was unavailable for comment.

• Agree 3

Looks nothing like him! Eyes, mouth and nose are totally different.

Well that just goes to show what stress, rejection, helplessness, hopelessness and worthlessness can do to an individual in a short period of time. I am reliably informed that he may also be trying to mask himself from the paaparazzi.