FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Such positivity.........so pleasing

bughtmaster

I took a couple of Snecky boys for hospitality at the 1st SPL derby v C*unty last year and the tossers guys would not even clap or stand up when we scored. I asked them if they had a problem and they started listing them

1. Clach were left out of things

2. It was a takeover by Caley not a merger

3 We don't like the way Grassa controls things

4. Park too far out of town

5 Board do not engage enough with working class areas

6 They would rather go to C*unty as they were more of a working class team

Their words not mine

Most of it sounded like bullshit but both guys are local and in tune with what is happening.

Is there still a Clach - ICT rift?

I hope you created your own list as to why you wont be taking them to an ICT match again.

I took a couple of Snecky boys for hospitality at the 1st SPL derby v C*unty last year and the tossers guys would not even clap or stand up when we scored. I asked them if they had a problem and they started listing them

2. It was a takeover by Caley not a merger

3 We don't like the way Grassa controls things

5 Board do not engage enough with working class areas

6 They would rather go to C*unty as they were more of a working class team

Their words not mine

Most of it sounded like bullshit but both guys are local and in tune with what is happening.

Is there still a Clach - ICT rift?

I hope you created your own list as to why you wont be taking them to an ICT match again.

Most definitely but I was both disappointed and fascinated with their viewpoint. I have supported the team through the divisions and find it difficult to comprehend why attitudes like this still exist.

They will not be welcome again.

Scotty

You mention The Merkinchers. Are we still not getting good numbers from this area attending our games? Do we have any stats?

no idea of the demographics ... just assumed they were from that neck of the woods given the comments about Clach, working class, and Grassa (who of course is/was associated with a company whose boss was involved at Grant Street).

Really - after 20 years, I think it is better to focus on those who are or want to be ICT fans and leave the 'haters' to their own devices. Some may have legitimate 'reasons' in their own minds and I respect those, whereas others may be bandwagon jumpers or excuse makers .... and you just cant reason with them so no point wasting energy !

Anyhow - back to the positivity of this wonderful start to the season ... our best ever in the SP(F)L.

• Agree 2

Theres no helping some people, that was a great game on the Friday night, the atmosphere was terrific, the crowd were in full voice, the football flowed and hospitality is a good day out.  If it was me I may have accidentally battered the ungrateful  d**ks

1. Didn't Clach choose to be left out of things.

4. How does someone decide whats in or out of town? Must there be houses around it? I take a train into the centre of Inverness and can walk to the stadium in 25 mins. I take a train into Perth and its 45 mins walk. For Easter road its half hour. Same for Aberdeen and the Dundee teams. Indeed I cant really think of a team that is any closer to the transport hub of the town or city they play in.

Agree, park location is such a poor excuse its laughable based on the above, there are even convinent buses out for those too lazy to walk. No matter where the stadium is located someone could cite location as they will always have to cross town or even access town from outwith to get to it.

Anyone who cant spend 30 mins or less getting to games really isnt interested to start with, its closer the cinema, retail park and as close as many of the supermarkets (Tesco/Asda etc) to the city centre and I bet anyone citing location visits some of these regullarly.

• Agree 1

So they don't support ICT, because the stadium's too far out of the town centre?!  That's absolutely pathetic.

I have my own theory here and while I can't prove it, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.  I reckon there's quite a few people round here who were quite happy living in their own little world, in their little cosy Highland town, with a little cosy team that normally plays teams from other little cosy places.  There'll be people in Inverness who resent the fact that the club has been so successful.  There'll be people who were much happier when we were in the lower leagues playing the likes of Arbroath and Forfar, or even more so the likes of Forres, Nairn and Elgin and will resent the fact that we are now mixing it with the big boys and are now better run and have a better side than the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee United.  To be quite honest, such people don't deserve us.

• Agree 1

Perplexes me beyond belief, the excuses people can come up with. Inverness isn't a big place, we all know that.. but if our most successfull season and undoubtably the greatest ever start to a campaign can't put bums on seats.. then maybe the 3/4000 mark really is our cap.

I know it's expensive but to enjoy a day watching what has recently been the best performing side in Scotland and to have them on your doorstep surely shouldn't be so far down the pecking order? Are folk saying Inverness are not worth the money, effort or time? It's always going to appear folk won't bother unless we have a modern 4 sided ground, bang in the town center, popping off tickets at a fiver each.

Personally can't afford everygame, largely due to extra travelling costs but when I can, it's up there with my primary plans.

People are always going to go out of there way to make an excuse to come watch us. Whatever it may be.

• Agree 1

Positivity??.

Well at least we won't be relegated this season. :smile:

Avoiding relegation has to be the first consideration, once that is achieved then move onto the next target, avoid the play off, then aim for a top six place, then top 3 and a Euro spot. I say this because there is very little in quality between all the teams apart from Celtic and form can turn around very quickly. We have started very well, but it is only 3 games and 9 points. With a small squad like we have injuries and suspensions will impact somewhere along the way and the likely possibility of our best players being cherry picked in January if our good form extends that far. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

• Agree 1

I  think the stadium is in a really good location. My initial preference was for the Northern Meeting Park but parking could have been a problem.

I spend a fortune every year watching ICT and it is worth every penny. I enoyed the lower leagues every much as the SPFL. For example there was something special standing on the gassy terracing at Alloa with a pint of Bovril in the p*ssing rain watching ICT freezing your b*llocks off at Montrose etc..

Hopefully as the generations move on the whole area will get behind the team. Worth every penny

As a very young man I was sent to Leven in Fife after I resumed my banking career. This was after I had met Bughtmaster in North Germany in the RAF and was demobbed after two years National Service.

Every other Saturday I walked from Leven to Bayview Park , Methil, for at least a few years to watch a somewhat ordinary side named East Fife.

Whether I enjoyed all the games immensely or not was always secondary to the fact that I had something to look forward to on a Saturday and occasionally you would see what you would imagine was the game of the century when both teams would go on fire and goals would flow one after the other. The pace and the striving would be thrilling and that is what football is all about. That's what is the drug--the uncertainty of what you are about to witness, IMHO.

With ICT being at the pinnacle of their history now it is ridiculous to say that the park is too far away. That's just an excuse. Let's face it, once the football gets its claws into you then you just have to get up off your chair, put away the pipe and slippers and limp five miles to the park. Eh?

• Agree 1

May the whole world become ignorant of the dreaded M word and may the sons of Caley Thistle laugh and smile and dance and sing to the future that is our new team.

Contrary, history must not be allowed to be reinvented and those who fell and never came back their memory (and posting/trolling on football forums) will live on.

Now forward to our first Scottish League title, what will be, will be. :wink:

There appears to be a certain ignorance about the merger - where shall we direct Draganict to ?

IME 

I am fully aware of all the politics surrounding the merger and I knew the late great Jock Mcd who was instrumental in the process. I was merely quoting other people's views not my own.

But it is a fact that we must have the most split one team city population in the land and hopefully this will change over time.

Your question

Where will we (the royal we) direct Draganict to? Why do you not direct me to a bar in London Road so that you can contort your short little arms into your very long pockets and buy some DRINK?

To even contemplate being in the presence of the Immortal one it requires at least the contribution of a double voddie - especially if you are an unknown fool from the hill. As far as I am concerned you are a wee Tomatin lizard until you prove yerself to be worthy to drink in the presence of a Howden Ender. I not we look forward to meeting you.

If I had bought you a double voddie the last time I was in the same pub as you it would probably have put your brain in the same state as that of a lizard. (Gorgie Road - I had a headache for you the next day)

I not we look forward to meeting you. WTF are you talking aboot mun 

Hey I'll take you for a sesh next time we are in Gorgie. BMC Club! Full of depressed Jambos but well cheap Voddies!

Just keep the noise down when we are queueing to get into Tynie? (in case that picky plod is on again)