FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

new defender

strathyjags

To be fair to Brewster, he's made it clear for some time that he would like to sign another defender if he can get someone of the right quality at the right price.

It appears that the man we had on trial was a Colombian by the name of Enrique Pla who had been playing in the Venezualan Premier Liga. It seems we're casting our net far and wide these days !

Edited by Kingsmills

inverness courier has a quote from brewster: ' he's just not big enough and i'm looking for someone with a bit more presence'

at least he's looking and looking for the right type of player :rotflmao:

Edited by Libero

Fair enough but he hanst got much time left, Granty might be out for a while!

And... Brew has known for a long while that a new defender was needed, why has he waited so long?

And... Brew has known for a long while that a new defender was needed, why has he waited so long?

You have no idea what Brew has been up to. Would you be happy if he just signed a random defender who was awful?

And techincally, he has already signed a defender this season.

As anti-Brew as I am, you can't lay the blame solely with him for our leaky defence. As soon as Dods announced he was leaving, CC, GB, and now CB should have had a commanding centre back as their top priority. As we saw last season, only Gretna conceded more than us, so clearly McGuire is not the answer to our defensive problems.

If we are to believe everything the club tells us, then they haven't been on a constant search for a Defender. Only a few weeks ago they told us they wouldn't be bringing in anyone else at the back, and it seems that it's only the realisation that without Munro we really are screwed at the back which seems to have brought the subject back to their attention.

Any Manager half worth their salt would be sitting down with a piece of paper and looking at how things would be under certain scenarios from the get go, and if we are only looking now at how things would be with the loss of 2 Defenders to suspension/injury then it really is quite worrying...especially with less than 10 days left till the end of the transfer window.

AS I said, it wasn't the fans that said they weren't looking....the club said it themselves.

I actually believe they are looking.

In fact, given the amount of trialists we have had in the last few months, and from all over the place, I think Brewster is ALWAYS looking ..... the biggest problem is that there is not exactly a over abundance of (available) commanding centre halves who have the same presence as the likes of Dods or Mann and we shouldnt just sign someone for the sake of signing someone. However, perhaps we should be stepping up the search if we havent done so already.

Bobby seemed to impress a few people in Barry's testimonial .... might it be worth going for him ? or were the plaudits he received because he only played a short time and people were overcome with rose tinted nostalgia ?

You have no idea what Brew has been up to. Would you be happy if he just signed a random defender who was awful?

Of course you are right, but i do know that the defence was shyte last season and nothing has been done, how do i know that, Don calls it right.... there has been no mention at all about bringing in a new defender untill this week.

Guest RPFaither

Any manager with a bit of savvy will always play his cards close to his chest. The slightest hint that a team/manager are desperate for a player in a particular position puts the agent in a stronger position. Certainly wouldn't like to see any rash (or rushed) signings. I'm sure CB and his scouts are always looking for players, in all positions, who can improve the team - at the right price. Patience is a virtue??!!! :rotflmao:

Bobby seemed to impress a few people in Barry's testimonial .... might it be worth going for him ? or were the plaudits he received because he only played a short time and people were overcome with rose tinted nostalgia ?

Yes.

We would also have a hellofajob finding shorts for him, because the ones he was wearing were not going to last another 5 minutes.

Of course you are right, but i do know that the defence was shyte last season and nothing has been done, how do i know that, Don calls it right.... there has been no mention at all about bringing in a new defender untill this week.

Where have you been? Did you not see that big black man that we signed?

To be fair, Zadi isn't a centre back, and he certainly isn't commanding. I'm not even convinced he plays well as a defender; anyone who challenges for a ball in the air with his eyes closed should not be anywhere near the defensive line.

The club might be saying that they have been on the look out fer a new defender - every feckin club says that they are always on the look out fer any player - Brew has decided to put his faith in his "signings" and on the old faithful - that is mistake number one. We have never got a replacement fer Dods and Bullen was the only one mentioned that could have bridged the gap - We should have used the Mercenary Circus funds on prioritising a central defender and I suspect we are still paying the price - mistake number two. It could be that he has no funds but Brew's signings and attempted signings have been to strengthen the squad not to put into the first team - mistake number three.

Blobby Man in the SPL - yer having a feckin laff. :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

To be fair, Zadi isn't a centre back, and he certainly isn't commanding. I'm not even convinced he plays well as a defender; anyone who challenges for a ball in the air with his eyes closed should not be anywhere near the defensive line.

So what is he then? I don't understand this criticism of Brew for not signing defenders, when he has, in fact, signed a defender.

Yes.

Yes to which part ?

When I looked at Gordon's photos in the gallery, I did notice he had put on a few pounds :rotflmao: ... the question is, could he lose them, could Brew get him fitter, and could he still do it !!!

gallery_696_66406.jpg

gallery_696_44637.jpg

Yes for the purposes of pedantry, we have signed a defender. Are you happy with the signing of him?

For the purposes of pedantry? What rubbish is that you speak?

There are complaints that Brew hasn't signed a defender, but yet we actually have and he was one of the first signings we made. I haven't seen him play yet, so I can't comment on whether I am happy with - but I am going to give him a chance as everyone else should.

Has he actually played an SPL match yet? Or are you going to do to him what many did to Zibi Malkowski and write him off before he ever plays a competitive match?

Guest birdog

Yes for the purposes of pedantry, we have signed a defender. Are you happy with the signing of him?

For the purposes of pedantry? What rubbish is that you speak?

There are complaints that Brew hasn't signed a defender, but yet we actually have and he was one of the first signings we made. I haven't seen him play yet, so I can't comment on whether I am happy with - but I am going to give him a chance as everyone else should.

Has he actually played an SPL match yet? Or are you going to do to him what many did to Zibi Malkowski and write him off before he ever plays a competitive match?

Put the handbags down and take two steps back ladies. :rotflmao: