• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander

G. Caldwell

Hutton - Berra - S.Caldwell - Mulgrew

Fletcher - Brown - Kommons

McCormack - McFadden

Hutton and Mulgrew to go flying down the wings, with G. Caldwell in the libre position. McCormack and Fletcher to create chances out of nothing. It's either going to be an amazing partnership or absolutely woeful. But I'll give them the chance (magnanimous sod that I am)

Right'o that's me up early doors, to make sure that I am knackered enough to sleep tonight; a must for the 5am wake up tomorrow to catch our 7am Prestwick -> Oslo flight!

Fjord focus - Scotland on Sunday

Feeling quite positive for the match on Wednesday, especially based on the positive reports i've read on the likes of McCormack and Hartley's matches yesterday. Commons got competitive match time as well, which is great as I really think he has the ability to break the Norwegian defence with a long range shot or cross.

The Norway fans aren't really turning up for this one in numbers, and since it is only a 25500 capacity stadium I really think the Scotland fans can become another 12th man. We got an allocation of just over 2200 but there will be another 2-3 thousand Scots in the Norway end (ourselves included). Not sure how well i'll be able to sit on my hands if we score though!! Looking forward to the stadium as it does remind me of tynecastle, which lends well to a great atmosphere.

Ullevaal2.jpg

Away to buy the Sunday papers now, have breakfast and triple check i've got everything packed; before heading to the POW for lunch (they serve food on a sunday don't they?), then train to Glasgow, pints and food in Nice and Sleazy's, train to Ayr, pints in Ayr, crash at station B&B, fly to Oslo tomorrow morning

'We're the Tartan Army and we're here to save the whales!! Save the whales, save the whales...'

-----------------Marshall----------------

Hutton----Caldwell--Caldwell----Whittaker

----------- Fletcher----Hartley-----------

McCormack------Brown------McFadden

---------------------Miller---------------------

Exactly what I'd go with aswell.

------------------------------------Marshall-----------------------------------

Hutton---------------G Caldwell-------------Berra----------------Whittaker

-------------------------------------Hartley----------------------------------

------------------Fletcher-------------------------------Brown----------------

McCormack----------------------------------------------------------McFadden

----------------------------------------Miller-------------------------------------

basically a 4-1-4-1 formation

McCormack----------------------------------------------------------McFadden

----------------------------------------Miller-------------------------------------

basically a 4-1-4-1 formation

Agreed.

McCormack----------------------------------------------------------Maloney

------------------------------------McFadden-------------------------------------

Looks like we all got it wrong, according to various media sources today the team has been leaked and shall be:

----------------------------Marshall---------------------------

Hutton------G.Caldwell--------S.Caldwell--------Davidson

--------------------------Alexander------------------------------

----------------Fletcher---------------Brown--------------------

McCormack----------------Miller---------------------Common

Not starting McFadden, interesting choice...... :lol:

Looks like we all got it wrong, according to various media sources today the team has been leaked and shall be:

----------------------------Marshall---------------------------

Hutton------G.Caldwell--------S.Caldwell--------Davidson

--------------------------Alexander------------------------------

----------------Fletcher---------------Brown--------------------

McCormack----------------Miller---------------------Common

Not starting McFadden, interesting choice...... :lol:

lose this one and we've no chance.......about time Miller put some goals on the end of all that running. McFadden on when we need to change things round a bit maybe?

I'm still not convinced Burley is the man for the job, all I can do is hope...

If the media reports are correct, this looks like one of the weakest national line ups I can recall. It almost has a Vogtsesque look about it. Can we question the manager or are we really this weak?

Anyway fingers crossed and hope for the best :lol: !!

------------------------------------Alexander-----------------------------------

-------------------------------------Brown----------------------------------

------------------Fletcher-------------------------------McFadden----------------

McCormack----------------------------------------------------------Commons

IMO Hartley is well past his best and i know its been said that Marshall will start but the form Alexander has shown should give him the jersey.

I don't rate Marshall, hopefully for Scotland and Burley he'll prove me wrong with this one.

0-2 at half-time. I'm now 100% sure my line-up was correct. Just as I suspected, Norway threw everything up to Carew. By going one-on-one, we were prone to get slipped if we lost the aerial challenge. Using a sweeper system would have countered the problem and allowed us to attack down the wings.

Instead, Burley's gone to dominate a midfield that has never been a big strength for Norway (half the time, it's by-passed). And that domination, includes a marker like Alexander who offers nothing going forward (him not being a midfielder).

A man down, he takes off McCormack and leaves on Kommons. So now we have Kommons who can provide crosses to no-one, instead of a more central McCormack who also provides a goal threat.

Sorry George, but you've got it completely wrong. All we needed was a draw, with only really one big threat to counter. Failed!