Up and coming moves or not

Georgeios

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1530681

The last bits a bit of a joke, the damage has been done.. (Or not with the win under our belts) and all it does IMO is make us out again to be a bit of a joke when it comes to appeals. move on!

As for the Ins/Out's, he has a good point about getting the young ones out on loan to get games but I beleve Nicks good enought to feature from the bentch 1st team wise and it also seems the club is not entering discussions on contract exstentions as a bit of a kick in the teeth to the lads!! we should be atleast trying to keep them interested!! the names mentioned on the list.. if i was one, and the club coming out saying.. wait and see would have me offsky!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1530681

The last bits a bit of a joke, the damage has been done.. (Or not with the win under our belts) and all it does IMO is make us out again to be a bit of a joke when it comes to appeals. move on!

With comments like these, I'd say the whole article is a bit of a joke :

But Butcher insists his immediate priority is moving Caley Thistle into First Division title contention in the new few weeks.

He said: ?It is too early for us to look at giving out contract extensions.

?January is still a long way off, considering we have two games before then.

?We will look at the squad size and who we can bring in and we have already taken steps along those lines.

?As for extending contracts, we can?t look at that.

So he's happy for other clubs to come in and sign up Foran, Proctor and Odihambo. I don't care if we lose the other 3. Foran and Proctor probably 2 of our best players this season.

By the sounds of this article he could be resigned to losing these players and is trying to give a confidence boost to the young players?

Probably due to the fact if we lose our next 2 games our chances of getting promoted go from 30% down to 1%. I think it just shows how little money we have, signing the players on big wages up now doesn't make sense. I actually think if we lose our next 2 games those players mentioned above could be away in January for a wee bit of cash!

give them no contracts let the lot go in january get a complete new team..

A team for Div 2 ?

Do you honestly think our board are going to stop at the 2nd Div Johnboy.

I think they gave some players 1 year contracts in the hope we would bounce back, these players will be replaced with lower budget players when we don't.

Edited by stevico1

I understand there is a budget to stick to but, why don't we offer 1 year extensions, but then sell, or release whoever we can't afford to keep in the summer?

See that would make more sense... even if we got minimal value to pay the contracts offered it's nothing lost

I just can't understand what they're thinking... it's like Leeds before they plumeted down the divisions, we don't have to be all or nothing there is an inbetween. The only way to have an asset to sell is by securing him on at least 2 years otherwise we are just giving them away i.e. Dargo, Rankin, Cowie, Vigurs, Wood, Dodds... all of which are valued at their clubs

ridiculous way to conduct business... if anyone can offer an arguement to why they have done this please do

Or offer contracts that vary in value based on our final position. Maybe the players, understandably, would not to sign though.

I'm sure the club must have thought of this sort of thing before. I can't believe it hasn't crossed their minds.

Is it possible that the players have been offered contracts but are waiting until they know where Caley end up and this is a cover up to keep us of their backs?

to win any contract at any club you have to be at the top of your game ICT are no where to be seen not consistant enough. last couple of weeks have been a shambles i still say the lot would go in january..

Foran is probably on a big wage, so maybe understandable. Hayes almost certainly isn't and I doubt Sanchez, Eric (think he's worth it though?), Rooney or Cox are on big bucks (I'd include Nick Ross from what little I've seen of him). Sign up the cheap and the talented straight away. They won't break the bank, they could give a good future and they almost certainly won't go down in value.

Or else we could get back Vigurs for free. No? Then why the hell did we let him go for nothing?

stevico i take your point. you must agree with me these players are not putting in a shift week in week out look at the games they should have won but the usual they blew it we are sitting mid table i believe we could be sitting top or near the top..consistancy i am afraid is not there no contract next step out the door..

We are running a 1st div team on SPL wages. We cant offer contracts because we've no money to honour them. Even if a signing on fee was around 10k then thats about 80k needed before wages are negotiated. If we're still in this league next season we'll be paying 1st div wages.

We are running a 1st div team on SPL wages. We cant offer contracts because we've no money to honour them. Even if a signing on fee was around 10k then thats about 80k needed before wages are negotiated. If we're still in this league next season we'll be paying 1st div wages.

even if they are on spl wages still no excuses..

Who told you we are running the team on SPL wages Alex? In every contract there is a clause to reduce terms if a team is relegated so those who had contracts extending into this season would have been caught. The new players, including Foran signed at the begining of this season certainly won't be on Prem contracts. Bennett is not that daft.

When do we need to stop paying Barrowload since he never seems to get used? That should free up a bit of cash. We should probably cash in on Imrie as well in January and get the ?3-4 Million that he's worth. I know he loves playing for this club and a move away from the North will hurt him bad but, we need to put the club first.

Who told you we are running the team on SPL wages Alex? In every contract there is a clause to reduce terms if a team is relegated so those who had contracts extending into this season would have been caught. The new players, including Foran signed at the begining of this season certainly won't be on Prem contracts. Bennett is not that daft.

Wanna bet that he aint?

:P mmmmm I wouldnt be so sure.