FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where was the flag put up?

It was originally put up infront of the Renualt Motors sign at the back of secxtion G but was later moved to the back of section H due to there being no advertisement boards there.

If the flag wasn't blocking any advertising boards then I don't see the reason for it being removed? Especially seeing as there were at least 3 away flags hung in the back of the south stand?

It was originally put up infront of the Renualt Motors sign at the back of secxtion G but was later moved to the back of section H due to there being no advertisement boards there.

If the flag wasn't blocking any advertising boards then I don't see the reason for it being removed? Especially seeing as there were at least 3 away flags hung in the back of the south stand?

Aye its the usual though , different rules for each end of the park !! :rotflmao:

Nah, am pretty sure they allowed them to keep it up at the back of Section H. Not 100% sure but fairly certain.

Today could have been different had we put away our chances. The 1st half was superb, we pushed them back and kept them back. Black and Imrie were fantastic and were tenacious throughout. I think Wood could have done better but he played well.

The first time ever that I have come out of a match after being beaten (especially by one of the old firm) and felt reasonably happy with the game. Celtic won't get a harder game for a while in the spl.

Just from the first half i see a good season ahead. But first motherwell next week.

Guest WynessLegend

Strachan's after match comments .......

"It was a poor game. The first half wasn't very good. The second half improved to average.

"But when did you see a real good Celtic-Inverness game here? I've not seen one yet. I've seen exciting finishes, strange goals, silly tackles, sendings off, near sendings off. I've seen everything but good football.

"Why? There's some mysteries in this world that can't be solved. We've just got to deal with them.

"The reason we started with one up front is obvious - we've lost three terrific strikers. The guy we've got playing up front (Scott McDonald) got off a plane last night, so it's not easy to travel round the world and then play right away. He wouldn't have played if we had our other strikers fit."

I believe this proves my theory that short gingers are particularly susceptible to mental health problems.

What an ungracious little **** - even when his team wins.

Did Brew bemoan Hastings' international travels during the week?

No wonder even the Celtic faithful find this "man" a complete embarassment.

Bad decision to play Wood in my mind, fecking Rory in the air, no ball control and no pace at all, he did score but his miss in the first half was dissapointing.

Hastings went to sleep for their second goal, much like our defence for the first, however overall we did very well with some good performances.

Brew is paying the price for not getting a decent player/goalscorer pre-season, Wood is too much like Rory, Barrowboy will struggle to get 6-7 goals this season and Rooney will need far more time to develop and blend into the game here.

Anyway here's to 3 points next week...... i hope

A few times this year when we go 2 a 4 4 2 we start playing decent stuff. Hate the one up front lark and when we start pumping long balls up to the "lone ranger" it comes back just as fast. (waznt as bad today tho!)

When Brew put 2 up 2day we gave them a good 15 mins of dodgy defending!!! Celtic were they're for the taking today and unfortunatley Brew was a wee bit 2 late changing it again. :rotflmao:

Strachan's after match comments .......

"It was a poor game. The first half wasn't very good. The second half improved to average.

"But when did you see a real good Celtic-Inverness game here? I've not seen one yet. I've seen exciting finishes, strange goals, silly tackles, sendings off, near sendings off. I've seen everything but good football.

"Why? There's some mysteries in this world that can't be solved. We've just got to deal with them.

"The reason we started with one up front is obvious - we've lost three terrific strikers. The guy we've got playing up front (Scott McDonald) got off a plane last night, so it's not easy to travel round the world and then play right away. He wouldn't have played if we had our other strikers fit."

I believe this proves my theory that short gingers are particularly susceptible to mental health problems.

What an ungracious little **** - even when his team wins.

Did Brew bemoan Hastings' international travels during the week?

No wonder even the Celtic faithful find this "man" a complete embarassment.

Aye & did you no hear him moaning about the wind , he got his 3 points what more does he want BLOOD !!!!

As everybody, except WGS, says it was a great game today. Very excitingstuff and some good footbal on display. For me the only difference was that if Barrowman was playing wemight have got a couple of these chances. Wood's first touch needs lots of work, but he is young and offers much more than Rory. However, we still need a striker, in the January sales - though all are talented, none are capable of carrying our seasons amibitions.

Imrie was MOM by a mile, top workrate, vision and skills. Purchase of the year, even this early.

Black's second tackle was mistimed rather than aggressive and kudos to the ref for noticing that. The ref generally had a good game, today, against all odds, and may even have been a homer. Nice to see Robson getting kicked from a'hole to breakfast. He was a fan's fave when he did his diving for us.

Much promise here. We will put a barrowload past M'well if we play like that, but then again, the cameras wont be there, at least not the big ones.

Talking of cameras, this shot from the BBC website of Loovens goal makes interesting viewing. Looking at the angles, I would suggest that Rosco was trying to defend from a kneeling position. He is becoming a luxury player. Get Proctor back!

72gkfn.jpg

Maybe the sun was in his eyes.

I don't see the reason for it being removed?

It wasn't. I was. Which makes it even more frustrating!

Talking of cameras, this shot from the BBC website of Loovens goal makes interesting viewing. Looking at the angles, I would suggest that Rosco was trying to defend from a kneeling position. He is becoming a luxury player. Get Proctor back!

72gkfn.jpg

More or less what I said on in an earlier reply on this thread. Roscoe was 'absent without leave' for the second goal. As a right back, he just must cover the far post in this sort of situation. He provided no challenge to Loovens whatsoever. Although he's been a great servant to ICT over the years, I fear he is becoming a liability these days.

Imrie probably deserved the MOM, his work rate is amazing, if only he would stop trying to dribble past opposition players, he did it three times yesterday - he has not got the acceleration, might be better if he stabbed the ball 10-15 yds then had a race to the ball.

That was the best I've ever seen Russel Duncan play, he was IMMENSE!!!

Agreed. I thought he was really good yesterday.

72gkfn.jpg

I thought Markus had left us! Seems he has signed for Celtic since leaving Inverness :rotflmao:

CMIB

''More or less what I said on in an earlier reply on this thread. Roscoe was 'absent without leave' for the second goal. As a right back, he just must cover the far post in this sort of situation. He provided no challenge to Loovens whatsoever. Although he's been a great servant to ICT over the years, I fear he is becoming a liability these days.''

Agreed

Watched the match on Santanta and at half-time the summing up was ''Celtic getting no change out of the right back, Strachan will have to change tactics in second half. Clubs would love to have a player like that in their side, a great servant to the club''

Now you may see him as a donkey, not fit for purpose or whatever BUT some on here see him through different eyes and agree with the above Santanta comments. We would be worse off without him!!"

RANT OVER!

I was on here when Duff was at fault for a goal and voiced my feelings that McGuire would not have allow this to happen without greater effort been made.

To show that I am not biased I would now place on record that on the evidence of this weeks time on the park, considering the opposition, Duff, in my opinion, must be one of the most exciting young players coming through at this time. Young guy, played with an old head!

This has had the look of a 0-0 rite from the off. Although Gary Wood could have - no should have - cancelled that prediction. We have two teams with little up front and cancelling themselves out in midfield. But we are the better team at half time but we have to change tactically.

The positives are that we are working our socks off, pressing all the time and holding a high line - the only way Cellic look like scoring is from a set piece or through Maloney - but to be honest the same can be said fer us but insert Cowie.

Tokely is sticking to his full back spot and doing very well, Munro and Maguire have strolled through the game, Hastings has not got a feckin clue going forward and I hope Strachan doesnt play McGeady as he has done with Maloney.

Imrie is having a cracker, working hard, sharp passing, running at men and giving Rosscoe a lot of support and only a great Boruc save stopped him scoring a 25 yard cracker of a free kick, Duncan is back to where he belongs - Black should have clearly had two yellow cards and shouldnt be on the park - he appears to be having one of his brainstorming days - I wouldnt be surprised if Brew hooks him - McBain is invisible - get Vigurson and let him run at Loovens - who looks really shaky but not being tested.

Cowie is back at his best - he is taking Naylot and Crosas to the feckin cleaners and they are clearly worried by his pace - if only he had some support. May be harsh but Wood is totally out of his league and his miss was a feckin sitter.

So I would hook Black as he is on the edge - and take McBain into the middle - bring on Vigurs and let him run at Loovens. I would hook Wood in 10-15 minutes and take on Rooney. If the game keeps going as it is I would love to hook McBain late on and see what Wilson could do on the right and push Cowie forward.

agree again, beginning to sound pathetic, i had a long chat with an annonomous friend today, blackie perhaps was having a brainstorming day, why was that, he hasnt had one for a long time, and only 2 yellow cards this season, well below others in the team, so the question is why, the answer i got i couldnt put in here, but what i can say is it seems perfectly feesable to me, but he needs to deal with it differently, my concern is he would be dropped to the reserves again.

This has had the look of a 0-0 rite from the off. Although Gary Wood could have - no should have - cancelled that prediction. We have two teams with little up front and cancelling themselves out in midfield. But we are the better team at half time but we have to change tactically.

The positives are that we are working our socks off, pressing all the time and holding a high line - the only way Cellic look like scoring is from a set piece or through Maloney - but to be honest the same can be said fer us but insert Cowie.

Tokely is sticking to his full back spot and doing very well, Munro and Maguire have strolled through the game, Hastings has not got a feckin clue going forward and I hope Strachan doesnt play McGeady as he has done with Maloney.

Imrie is having a cracker, working hard, sharp passing, running at men and giving Rosscoe a lot of support and only a great Boruc save stopped him scoring a 25 yard cracker of a free kick, Duncan is back to where he belongs - Black should have clearly had two yellow cards and shouldnt be on the park - he appears to be having one of his brainstorming days - I wouldnt be surprised if Brew hooks him - McBain is invisible - get Vigurson and let him run at Loovens - who looks really shaky but not being tested.

Cowie is back at his best - he is taking Naylot and Crosas to the feckin cleaners and they are clearly worried by his pace - if only he had some support. May be harsh but Wood is totally out of his league and his miss was a feckin sitter.

So I would hook Black as he is on the edge - and take McBain into the middle - bring on Vigurs and let him run at Loovens. I would hook Wood in 10-15 minutes and take on Rooney. If the game keeps going as it is I would love to hook McBain late on and see what Wilson could do on the right and push Cowie forward.

agree again, beginning to sound pathetic, i had a long chat with an annonomous friend today, blackie perhaps was having a brainstorming day, why was that, he hasnt had one for a long time, and only 2 yellow cards this season, well below others in the team, so the question is why, the answer i got i couldnt put in here, but what i can say is it seems perfectly feesable to me, but he needs to deal with it differently, my concern is he would be dropped to the reserves again.

Could someone translate Gillians post for me please?

Ever heard of full stops Gillian?

Let me, if Blackie was to come out and say why he was having a bad day, or I put on here what is being said and he dealt with it by confronting the other parties, he would be playing for the reserves. At least that is my opinion, so he dealt with his frustrations in the wrong way, but at present it is (or the only way he feels he can) his way of dealing with it, i believe it to be the wrong way, but im not in his shoes, he was called a trouble maker the last time, disrespectful and all the rest. Still he needs to find another way of dealing with his feelings instead of wearing them on his sleeve for every one too see.

And yes I can use full stops, but it takes longer.

As everybody, except WGS, says it was a great game today. Very excitingstuff and some good footbal on display. For me the only difference was that if Barrowman was playing wemight have got a couple of these chances. Wood's first touch needs lots of work, but he is young and offers much more than Rory. However, we still need a striker, in the January sales - though all are talented, none are capable of carrying our seasons amibitions.

Imrie was MOM by a mile, top workrate, vision and skills. Purchase of the year, even this early.

Black's second tackle was mistimed rather than aggressive and kudos to the ref for noticing that. The ref generally had a good game, today, against all odds, and may even have been a homer. Nice to see Robson getting kicked from a'hole to breakfast. He was a fan's fave when he did his diving for us.

Much promise here. We will put a barrowload past M'well if we play like that, but then again, the cameras wont be there, at least not the big ones.

72gkfn.jpg

To be fair to Ross most people in the stand has there hands to the eyes with the sun blinding them! It looks 2 its had an effect on him with the suns shadow over half his face!!

Let me, if Blackie was to come out and say why he was having a bad day, or I put on here what is being said and he dealt with it by confronting the other parties, he would be playing for the reserves. At least that is my opinion, so he dealt with his frustrations in the wrong way, but at present it is (or the only way he feels he can) his way of dealing with it, i believe it to be the wrong way, but im not in his shoes, he was called a trouble maker the last time, disrespectful and all the rest. Still he needs to find another way of dealing with his feelings instead of wearing them on his sleeve for every one too see.

Oh - I can understand yer post and I can sense Ian's frustrations - yet another testament to Brews lack of man management skills and his inability or arrogance to play our potential match winner in a role that would bring the best out of him and benefit the team. He was played in a role to stifle Cellic which was negative and prevented him from playing football - again Brew got it all wrong OR was trying to prove a personal point again. Ian Black's talent is being stifled and that is a footballing sin.

Comment Gillian ??

To be fair to Ross most people in the stand has there hands to the eyes with the sun blinding them! It looks 2 its had an effect on him with the suns shadow over half his face!!

Didnt bother Loovens much though... :rotflmao:

Oh - I can understand yer post and I can sense Ian's frustrations - yet another testament to Brews lack of man management skills and his inability or arrogance to play our potential match winner in a role that would bring the best out of him and benefit the team. He was played in a role to stifle Cellic which was negative and prevented him from playing football - again Brew got it all wrong OR was trying to prove a personal point again. Ian Black's talent is being stifled and that is a footballing sin.

Comment Gillian ??

Comment Gillian ??