substantial investment

stevico1

You can understand why there's no big transfer fees involved.

Say we bought a playe rfor ?80,000 his wage would also be pretty high, which would make a massive hole in the budget.

Im gaining confidence now, hopefully it's not false hope. :thumb04:

Edited to fix typos.

Bannerman ( :rotflmao: everyone else does it) came on a free, but is still a considerable investment.

happy with the byrne signing,but still desperatley need a experienced attacker,and a midfielder,and if they come in will be very happy, saying that would never have imagined us signing 6 players in the window! :rotflmao:

I guess if that happens you can say that the Board have delivered on their promise.

To get back on topic................Is it not likely that some of this 'substantial investment' has been used up on signing on fee's?

Signing 3 players who couldnt get a look in at their previous clubs, until the end of the season...i doubt there was a substantial figure going to any of the players

Add to that all three are only signed until the end of the season I would think that any signing on fees are nominal, if at all and according to this article Pavels is only here on loan anyway.

According to the BBC Pavels has signed for an undisclosed fee which would mean it isnt a loan

To get back on topic................Is it not likely that some of this 'substantial investment' has been used up on signing on fee's?

Signing 3 players who couldnt get a look in at their previous clubs, until the end of the season...i doubt there was a substantial figure going to any of the players

Add to that all three are only signed until the end of the season I would think that any signing on fees are nominal, if at all and according to this article Pavels is only here on loan anyway.

According to the BBC Pavels has signed for an undisclosed fee which would mean it isnt a loan

Not necessarily so.

It is good to see us being involved in the market for once. We really need that striker now. I wonder if it will be Burchill as he is free again? Hope not. One thing to be carefull about. We are clearly the most active in the market in the SPL, I just hope we arent doing what Derby did last year and almost changing a whole team to try and stay up. That was panic buying that failed badly. Another couple and I think we are there re the squad then it is fingers crossed and hold tight, it will be a bumpy ride until May.

I woud say that the board have kept their promise in this respect, it has been a substantial investment, maybe not in signing on fees but with wages, accomodation etc and the number of the players we have signed and its apparently not finished the club have made a substantial investment.

All depends on how you define investment. Short term it could be argued that the new players could see us climb off the bottom and the return is increased revenue from league place and avoiding the cost of relegation. However, long term it's very likely that we'll need to make similar levels of investment (if not more) in the summer in order to maintain the position....and all of this assumes that the current investment works.

This is why I said previously that I didn't agree with the path we were taking, but having taken the path we have then the club are probably doing what needs to be done to make the best of that.

So whilst I wouldn't doubt there's "investment", I really don't see us being any better off as a result come the summer...on top of that, we'll have used a large chunk (if not all, plus some) of available funds now, and where will the required investment come from in the Summer?

I already have my suspicions as to the answer to the last part, but that's for another discussion.