Muversmell Smileys

FRASER :024: :) :) I can only put it like Mikey hasnt let us down and he cant really be blamed for any of the goals - or should he have come for the cross for the second goal? - but he aint actually standing out either in the manner that Esson does - he is like a slow motion version. He nearly feckin gave me a stroke when he sclaffed that clearance with five minutes to go and he/we were lucky that the Well player didnt have a bit more composure.

PROCTOR :) :) Bad night at the office - passing was terrible intermittently and he is almost making me as nervous as Lionel.

TOKELY :) :) :) :) Commanding in the air and solid at the back but we really miss having a full back who can attack.

MUNRO :) :) :) Solid if unspectacular but I still feel that he does a lot of covering for Lionel

DJEBI ZADI :) :) :) First time I have seen him sober (me that is) and I will be having a few feckin drinks at Killie. He threatened to repeat his Hamilton performance in the first half hour - he was dire - and gave away the corner for the first goal _ Well clearly targetted him - but to give him his due he rallied and had a second half on a par to his performance at Castle Greyskull and his hoof come cross did find Imrie for the second - but he is a bizarre choice and the closer we get to the wire the more I worry about his unpredictability.

IMRIE :) :) :) :) The match winner with his very well taken goal and a piece of wizardry to set up the first - he was back to his old action packed self but I still sense that he feels uneasy on the left.

BLACK :) :) :) Not his best game was it - he was surprisngly wasteful tonite and sprayed quite a few bad passes but as ever he showed the passion, worked his socks off and put in a great defensive shift in the last half hour.

KERR :) :) :) I can almost cut and paste for Black but he had a more combatative edge to him.

McBAIN :) :) A bit Brewsteresque as I dont really know what role he was supposed to be taking on - he wasnt really covering Lionel and he isnt a marauding attacker is he. Another Mr Invisible performance.

MORAIS :) :) :) Nice touches, good goal - he actually worked his socks off tonite, harried and tackled back. Again I would prefer to see him wide right as he doesnt look like a forward - and he visibly tired after 70 minutes.

FORAN :) :) :) :) Sneaks my MOM from Imrie - fantastic front running and hold up play - he really deserved a goal fer his efforts. Could be the man to keep us up.

BUTCHER :) :) :) Worrying that he has stuck with Zadi - still think we should have Morais right and Imrie left - very surprised that he didnt go fer Eric's pace when he hooked Morais. What does he say to them at half time ? Should do it at the start of the first half as well Great to see him so animated on the touch line and applauding / waving to the away support.

SUPPORT :) :) :) :) Excelled - much better than I expected both in numbers and volume. Could have been a great nite if not fer the barstewards - let us stand rite up till we scored and then gave us constant hassle.

Good report Johndo, like the Lionel write up..........sober, indeedy.

I wonder what Roy is supposed to be doing as well, although he clearly had a marking job at Paisley.

You must be getting wiser in your old age Johndo... I agree with the most of that :024:

2 is a bit harsh for Proctor but I agree he did have a poor night but no worse than Zebadee, he was woeful in the first half and he should have stopped the cross for their equaliser but he did set up Imrie's goal!!! If he could defend he would be some player btw...

McBain had an awful game, don't think the pitch helped but he struggled to get the ball out his feet all game... Imrie, Foran & Morais were running the show but whenever the ball came out left the move would breakdown. I think we could have won the game comfortably if we had a better option on the left wing

.... and Morais deserves a 4 as well, he is the new Barry Wilson!!!

10 minutes from safety just hope it doesn't come back to bite us

Agree with all of that too. Got told off by Johndo at half time for sitting with the old farts so came up the back for the second half which was tremendous :021:

Russell Duncan would have been crucified if his passing was as poor as Blackie's last night. Never tried the simple ball, always the killer one.

Didn't see why Granty got booked and what the free kick was for.

I gave Proctor a 2 because I started to make comparisons with Lionel - some of his clearances, especially in the second half were terrible. I suppose you also get drawn into making comparisons with Rosscoe and he didnt get over the half way line. The defenders are under extreme pressure at the moment and one error could be crucial - that is why I am worried but I am fearful of Lionel.

Good call from Mantis about Russeldhino but Black ended up with as many positives as negatives - especially in the last half hour.

I only gave Morais 3 as I feel that he is not being used in his best role - wide on the right - he was more or less in the hole last night with little support coming through from midfield (except Royster :021: ) - and at times last night he just didnt click with Foran - although the two of them are clearly learning - but it is only 180 minutes to go.

Imrie may have got a 5 if he was able to switch wings - which could be very effective if Morais was on the other flank.

I beseech all the rest who attended last nite to join in this debate - and can anybody tell me where Royster was playing last night and what was his role.

Pretty much agree with the Smellometer. Hoped we'd either get another defensive player for Morais to try and protect the lead, or Eric to try for a bit of zip and another goal, so disappointed to see chocolate teapot instead. I thought a few weeks ago he was starting to put in a bit more effort, but last night he was an ineffectual as ever.

I gave Proctor a 2 because I started to make comparisons with Lionel - some of his clearances, especially in the second half were terrible. I suppose you also get drawn into making comparisons with Rosscoe and he didnt get over the half way line. The defenders are under extreme pressure at the moment and one error could be crucial - that is why I am worried but I am fearful of Lionel.

Good call from Mantis about Russeldhino but Black ended up with as many positives as negatives - especially in the last half hour.

I only gave Morais 3 as I feel that he is not being used in his best role - wide on the right - he was more or less in the hole last night with little support coming through from midfield (except Royster :lol: ) - and at times last night he just didnt click with Foran - although the two of them are clearly learning - but it is only 180 minutes to go.

Imrie may have got a 5 if he was able to switch wings - which could be very effective if Morais was on the other flank.

I beseech all the rest who attended last nite to join in this debate - and can anybody tell me where Royster was playing last night and what was his role.

you listen to dido :lol::lol:

I think McBain was left wing but to be honest I have never rated him as a winger IMO his best position is in the centre mid, you could see that in the way he kept drifting in-field. It was a bad night for him but I don't think he deserves too much flaak because he has been in decent form recently so hopefully that was just a blip. I know Morais was tired but if I were replacing anyone last night it would have been McBain for Duncan, leave Foran up top and stick Morais out wide for the last 10 mins

Yeh Proctor was poor last night but no worse than Zadi

Mcbain looked lost. Imrie was excellent and Foran is one of the hardest people in the world. He goes through everyone and anything for Caley in his one man mission to fight the world. Didn't give up once. He ran right to the end. Fraser looked a wee bit ropey. Morias has performed above my expectations whenever he has got on the pitch. rarely plays 90 mins though, is he unfit?

The stewards came over to make us sit down because when we equalised chibber ran all over the seats and in his shiny, pointy, homosexual, tacky, cheap call centre shoes were a health and saftey hazzard. They were a disgrace and he's lucky he didn't get lifted for them.

Why no backs on the seats? That does encourage disorder.

Royster used to be good on the wing in div 1 but he's too slow now. Having said that the pitch was terrible last night. In the SPL he's got the skill for centre mid but not the dig IMO. Put him at left back and drop big Lionel.

Edited by The Mantis

Royster used to be good on the wing in div 1 but he's too slow now. Having said that the pitch was terrible last night. In the SPL he's got the skill for centre mid but not the dig IMO. Put him at left back and drop big Lionel.

I would agree with that. Get Pavels back into centre defence, Roscoe to left back and Lionel onto the bench.

I'm no fan of Lionel but it's unfair how he gets slaughtered for playing badly and yet (again) McBain gets away with it. Drop them both!!

Edited by kencar

Just drop McBain full stop.

He's too slow to play left wing and he lacks the bite for tackles at left back.

Both him and Proctor should drop out for Pavels and another striker. Preferrably Rooney.

Would say Lionel should probably be shifted out of the team as well but both Hastings and Byrne are injured.

I wasn't at the game but it looked to me on the highlights like Tokely was mainly at fault for their first. He was nowhere near the guy who scored with yet another free header in our box.

Their second was a bit of a shambles too. It's sloppiness like this that needs to be cut out and is costing us vital points.

Good to see Imrie back on form again and getting a goal to go with it.

We need to keep hold of Morais and Foran they are becoming more and more consistent the more they play.

The stewards came over to make us sit down because when we equalised chibber ran all over the seats and in his shiny, pointy, homosexual, tacky, cheap call centre shoes were a health and saftey hazzard. They were a disgrace and he's lucky he didn't get lifted for them.

Cheap?? :blink:

Mcbain looked lost. Imrie was excellent and Foran is one of the hardest people in the world. He goes through everyone and anything for Caley in his one man mission to fight the world. Didn't give up once. He ran right to the end.

Ill tell you someone else who is like that - Brian Kerr! What a workout he had!

I watched him alot in the game, and he has really come out of his shell recently! there was no 50/50 balls with Kerr - they were his balls! really went for it all the time, although some of his passing was poor, but could be down to the pitch. Good intentions though!

Would agree with most of your smiley's, for me Foran was MOM by a country mile, from start to finish. Imrie only came to life each side of half time, up to him setting up the first he seemed to be like a petulant child shaking his head if it didn't go his way, pointing the finger at others for bad passes but didn't really contribute anything positive himself, after he scored he had another couple of chances from tight angle but chose to shoot rather than put it across goal(same as his chance against Hamilton). Thought with Foran closing down opposition defence at every opportunity Imrie and Morias should have helped him out by closing out the 2nd man. Morias looks better each game and took his goal really well. Difficult game for midfield seemed too willing to get rid of it quick than keep possession but could have been due to the pitch. Defence was pretty much effective in general play but seem to switch off at set pieces, the goals we lost showed that.

Overall probably dissapointed that we couldn't hold onto the lead, was possibly best time to play them as none of their players wanted to get involved with any rough stuff due to losing Europa cup place, except Climpl when he came on, blatently pushed Grant in chest and when he complained to ref he got booked and free kick against him, would have loved to have heard what he did say to the ref!

You're getting better at this whole rating thing IHE....glad my advice was of help after the Hamilton game :blink:

I suppose that you have noted that most peeple rarely disagree with my smileys - and I totally stick by the Hamilton ones as it was only the defensive - "dont criticise" softies - who take offence. Sometimes the truth is cruel.

I thought we were very good for the first 10-15 minutes when we matched Motherwell's 4-3-3 by giving Imrie the freedom to support the strikers and drift to either flank. We really should've gone ahead during that period but Morais' flicks, Foran's flick-ons and Blackie's through balls didn't quite come off.

Then Motherwell got a grip in midfield (mainly because our midfield was so wasteful) and by the time they opened the scoring Dougie bas back in right midfield where he stayed for the rest of the game. We were in danger being over-run when his flash of of genius set up Morias for the equaliser.

We`played well for most of the second half and were unlucky not to get the win.

IHE - i think you're being a bit harsh to our full-backs. Lionel didn't start well but he came onto a game and does wonders to create the second goal. Proctor obviously isn't in the same league as Rosscoe as a right-back but he's been pretty solid since he moved there. It was Rosscoe who lost his man for the first goal and a number of players were guilty of slackness for the second.

Generally though, i've enjoyed watching Caley since Butcher took over, no more so than last night. The fight and spirit in the team is great and while we don't pass the ball all that well, in Foran, Imrie and Morais we have exciting forward players who, on their day, can give us a chance aginst anybody.

We are staying up.

I thought we were very good for the first 10-15 minutes when we matched Motherwell's 4-3-3 by giving Imrie the freedom to support the strikers and drift to either flank. We really should've gone ahead during that period but Morais' flicks, Foran's flick-ons and Blackie's through balls didn't quite come off.

Then Motherwell got a grip in midfield (mainly because our midfield was so wasteful) and by the time they opened the scoring Dougie bas back in right midfield where he stayed for the rest of the game. We were in danger being over-run when his flash of of genius set up Morias for the equaliser.

We`played well for most of the second half and were unlucky not to get the win.

IHE - i think you're being a bit harsh to our full-backs. Lionel didn't start well but he came onto a game and does wonders to create the second goal. Proctor obviously isn't in the same league as Rosscoe as a right-back but he's been pretty solid since he moved there. It was Rosscoe who lost his man for the first goal and a number of players were guilty of slackness for the second.

Generally though, i've enjoyed watching Caley since Butcher took over, no more so than last night. The fight and spirit in the team is great and while we don't pass the ball all that well, in Foran, Imrie and Morais we have exciting forward players who, on their day, can give us a chance aginst anybody.

We are staying up.

I gave Lionel 3 smileys Stan (waht he deserves given his unpredictability) and I did give Lionel his due for the second half (comparing it to his Castle Greyskull display is as good as it gets) - but his mistakeS (two of them) led to a needless corner being conceded - I never commented about the second goal - and I did retract my comment about Proctor as I admitted to slightly unfair comparisons - but he looked nervous last nite and still deserved a 2 as Lionel looked the better full back :blink: .