FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher Out - Calderwood In (merged)

DornochCaley

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have the money that Calderwood would spunk on his revolving door signings.

ok our ones are were free, however im sure most will not be here next year eather, I dont want to get back in to the whole butcher out stuff! He's bought a stay of exacution from me for another 2 games there.... win win.... he'll win me back.

Johnboy... thats a JINX LOL!!!

Are some of you crazy? Jimmy Calderwood was great at Aberdeen and was very sucsessfull with.

Yep! So great the clever fans got him the sack!!

Read their forum now - 'we never wanted him to go' Oh No? Wind back a bit and it is the same posters wanting him out!

Selective memory I think it is called.

Now for the record I think this post is an insult to our current manager and should be stopped here and now.

To think we are supposed to be supporting a team called ICT and for the record the team consists of not only the players but the management staff as well.

To think that this gentleman sang the ICT supporters praises last night in Glasgow makes me cringe when I read the above offerings. There was a time when Inverness was synonymous with all that was good in peoples nature - good humour, good manners and most of all closeness.

Now? Negativity, ignorance and divisiveness - maybe down to dilution.

Are some of you crazy? Jimmy Calderwood was great at Aberdeen and was very sucsessfull with.

Yep! So great the clever fans got him the sack!!

Read their forum now - 'we never wanted him to go' Oh No? Wind back a bit and it is the same posters wanting him out!

Selective memory I think it is called.

Now for the record I think this post is an insult to our current manager and should be stopped here and now.

To think we are supposed to be supporting a team called ICT and for the record the team consists of not only the players but the management staff as well.

To think that this gentleman sang the ICT supporters praises last night in Glasgow makes me cringe when I read the above offerings. There was a time when Inverness was synonymous with all that was good in peoples nature - good humour, good manners and most of all closeness.

Are you being Ignorant on purpose? As this is a rumour and had been put in this bit for a reason so how is it an insult to our current staff?

Anyway, Calderwood was a great manager. Not many others could have done what he did at Aberdeen and Pars with such little resorces.

Goodness....

That was a bit of a mouthful!

:blink:

Did these two threads really need to be merged? I know they are semi-related, but it would be better to have two separate threads in the first place, and would stop stuff overlapping in the way it is now. The reason I started the Butcher to Plymouth thread was because of that reason.

Did these two threads really need to be merged? I know they are semi-related, but it would be better to have two separate threads in the first place, and would stop stuff overlapping in the way it is now. The reason I started the Butcher to Plymouth thread was because of that reason.

Both are wildly ill-founded and unsubstantiated rumours which will probably have been forgotten about by tomorrow.....

Why give them separate threads?

Both are wildly ill-founded and unsubstantiated rumours which will probably have been forgotten about by tomorrow.....

Why give them separate threads?

Because they are not totally related, and could do with their own discussion each. One says that Calderwood could be in by the end of December, the other says that Butcher could be away to Plymouth, which could be very soon, or not at all. I had a feeling this would happen, hence the reason I started a separate thread, and now things are overlapping and we are not getting a total viewpoint of each issue, we are getting a diluted version somewhere between the two.

"Anyway, Calderwood was a great manager. Not many others could have done what he did at Aberdeen and Pars with such little resorces."

I can think of a number who could, in my opinion. The managers of DU, Killie, Falkirk(now Hibs) etc.

I think the new manager at Pittodrie has less resources than JC and he has players like Foster playing out of their skin for him. Something JC could only dream about as he lost the dressing room from day one with his bullying attitude and miscalling the players in print and any retaliation was big problems - could not take it! ( Langfield and Foster come to mind).

The press were also banned from Pittodrie if they printed any adverse comments so if he comes to ICT- look out.

Big Man, Big Ego. He will be at Ibrox soon anyway and they are welcome to him.

We already had overlap and a lot of comments on the Plymouth thing were already made on the original thread about Butcher leaving and being replaced by Calderwood. I had 2 choices, spend ages trying to split all the posts (some of which mention both topics) or merge the two and change the title.

If we didn't have silly wee boys acting like idiots and wasting our time by creating additional (unnecessary work) then we'd perhaps have more time to do things like this in a more ideal manner.....but we do, and I didn't.

We already had overlap and a lot of comments on the Plymouth thing were already made on the original thread about Butcher leaving and being replaced by Calderwood. I had 2 choices, spend ages trying to split all the posts (some of which mention both topics) or merge the two and change the title.

If we didn't have silly wee boys acting like idiots and wasting our time by creating additional (unnecessary work) then we'd perhaps have more time to do things like this in a more ideal manner.....but we do, and I didn't.

Fair enough, but from what I could see, only two posts in the Calderwood thread had anything about Plymouth Argyle, one of which was yours, the other being from Caley100 I think. You could of just moved those to over in my Butcher thread, and simply kept that going as a separate topic.

as i said on another thread.. I dont care if we leak goals aslong as we are getting more at the other end...

i.e ICT 5-3 QOS B)

Andy Goram lobbed.

Case closed, point won haha :D

There is no way he will leave us for Plymouth No.2.

Money talks big yin money talks....... He's not here for his love of Inverness now is he......

Guest Mahonio

It wouldn't surprise me if Butch decided to resign from us in order for him to take on Plymouth assistant job because when our bloody managers do well they always get poached by big clubs like with Brew and Robbo and on the subject of wee Jimmy taking over, well, i would support him as he would be gaffer of Caley :D :D :D .

If he does then, soimeone on here said they would rather the management team of the 2 Jimmy's, well what makes him think Jimmy C wouldn't take Jimmy N?

I found this out on bebo by an ICT fan friend called Beth and was surprised as i didn't see anything on here about it so was not surprised to see it has arrived on here now B) :D .

It wouldn't surprise me if Butch decided to resign from us in order for him to take on Plymouth assistant job because when our bloody managers do well they always get poached by big clubs like with Brew and Robbo and on the subject of wee Jimmy taking over, well, i would support him as he would be gaffer of Caley :D :D :D .

If he does then, soimeone on here said they would rather the management team of the 2 Jimmy's, well what makes him think Jimmy C wouldn't take Jimmy N?

I found this out on bebo by an ICT fan friend called Beth and was surprised as i didn't see anything on here about it so was not surprised to see it has arrived on here now B) :D .

I was told he would be bringing Nicol with him btw.

Reasons why I would be f*cking raging if Calderwood came anywhere near the ICT manager post (hypothetical or not):

1) He's a pr!ck

2) He's been tango'd

3) He managed to alienate all the fans (something we don't need help with)

4) Aberdeen are struggling to recover from the wage bill Calderwood had in place

5) Aberdeen played the worst football in the SPL when he was there (again something we don't need help with)

6) Calderwoods tactical book contained 2 formations, 4-4-2 to start the game and then 4-2-4 as soon as they lost a goal

7) He made some of the worst signings ever to be made by any team in the history of the SPL

8) He thought Jamie Langfield was the best keeper in Scotland

9) He plays all his players out of their favoured positions to prove his tactical genius (like renegade's formation - Zadi probably would be played upfront)

10) He's best mates with Brewster and would probably hire him as assistant manager

11) We would never (ever) win a cup and at the end of day that's all a club our size can ever hope for

12) He's from Fife

13) He's a pr!ck

14) He's a pr!ck

15) yes he's a pr!ck

Reasons why I would be f*cking raging if Calderwood came anywhere near the ICT manager post (hypothetical or not):

1) He's a pr!ck

2) He's been tango'd

4) Aberdeen are struggling to recover from the wage bill Calderwood had in place

5) Aberdeen played the worst football in the SPL when he was there (again something we don't need help with)

6) Calderwoods tactical book contained 2 formations, 4-4-2 to start the game and then 4-2-4 as soon as they lost a goal

7) He made some of the worst signings ever to be made by any team in the history of the SPL

9) He plays all his players out of their favoured positions to prove his tactical genius (like renegade's formation - Zadi probably would be played upfront)

10) He's best mates with Brewster and would probably hire him as assistant manager

11) We would never (ever) win a cup and at the end of day that's all a club our size can ever hope for

12) He's from Fife

13) He's a pr!ck

14) He's a pr!ck

15) yes he's a pr!ck

What a damming accusation....

He's not from Fife

He's a Weegie.

1) He's a pr!ck

2) He's been tango'd

12) He's from Fife

13) He's a pr!ck

14) He's a pr!ck

15) yes he's a pr!ck

What a damming accusation....

He's not from Fife

He's a Weegie.

He's not from Fife , he's from Govan !

:lol::lol:

My bad... I'm glad that's the only thing you both thought to pick out though (just as bad to be fair)

I think the most important points from my post were point 1, 13, 14 & 15