FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Realistic answers

Tug

what would you rather  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is most Important to you??

• Stay in the Spl,and sacrifice any trophies ?
    • Stay In the Spl and win a cup ?
    • Risk the Spl but win a cup ?
    • Risk the Spl and potentially last one more round in the cup ?

After a 6-0 gubbing last night i thought this might be a little bit of an interesting insight as to what peoples priorities are for this season

please try to answer from the heart and not with the anger from last night

• Agree 1

Survival. In order for us to stay stable financially and keep as good a set of players as we have. Survival is worth any drubbing in the cup.

And getting the home form sorted.

It has to be SPL Survival, in the grand scheme of things it would be part two of the rebuilding plan with promotion last season being part one.

When we came up to the Premier the first time for everyone survival was paramount, what makes this time any different?

It is absolutely imperative that we stay up. I think what people would also like to see is a decent Cup run in addition to that if possible simpley because of the history we have with Scottish Cup competitions despite our short existence. If we go out then most will accept that provided it's not 1) to a lower league team or 2) an absolute roasting at the hands of any opponent.

Realistically we were never going to get anything from Celtic Park last night. A 6 - 0 defeat, when you think about it, is what Celtic should be doing to teams like ours. Our guys were signed up for, and earn, absolute peanuts compared to Celtics players. There is a vast gulf in class between the two teams. That said, it still hurts when your team takes a pounding sad.gif

I'm not too sure where to put my vote. Priority absolutely is to stay in the SPL. That said, I think we should try to stay in the cups for as long as possible. I believe a weakened team to Parkhead was the wrong idea. Winning there gives a boost for the whole season. I don't think playing well in one negates doing well at the other.

What was the point in even beating Peterhead though? We could have sent them through and at least they would have given it their all. Who would have thought it was crazy to suggest a professional athlete could sustain playing a wednesday night and a saturday afternoon in the same week :ohmy:

Obviously the league is priority but i just don't think that team selection was at all positive and TB knew exactly what would happen. I don't expect to win the cup (especially when bumping into the OF on the way) but i would love another day out at Hampden and its manageable to achieve that and to stay in the SPL. An extra couple cup games isn't going to make that much difference to our league form.

I wouldn't have paid the £17.50 if i knew we were just going to lie down and take a beating like that.

We're out of the cup for another year now so lets get back to league business and roll on the Scottish Cup, heres hope we can get a nice easy route to a semi final at Hampden.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

I think getting to the semi stage of the cup could be achievable. I'd much rather see us pushing up the league though. We came up with a huge amount of momentum and have merely been unlucky with injuries. Outside of the infirm there's no team which (with a full squad to choose from) we can't beat. A semi and top six spot would be great. With the size of the squad though, and the injuries the players are picking up, I'll say give the young lads experience, get a semi appearance and stay up. Top could well be do-able next year.

Back in the div 1-3 days (prior to our 1st outing in the SPL) we expected the team to try to do well in every game we played regardless as to whether it was cup or league. These days though money rules the game and club so, unfortunately, SPL survival has to be the priority. Yes, it would be great to lift a cup but that won't pay the way if we got relegated. Sad but true.

We should be leaving our first teamers to focus on the league as we don't have a big enough squad to compete in more than one competition. Looking at last night's line up it was pretty much a first team squad affected by injuries. Maybe we should be giving more of a chance to our youth players in the cup competitions. This would be great experience for them and going by the poll nobody would be too fussed if we get knocked out anyway and at least that keeps the first team fresh for the league games.

Priority #1 = Avoid relegation

Priority #2 = A decent run in the Scottish Cup (= more money) but not at cost of priority #1

Priority #3 = Get players signed up on longer contracts

Priority #4 = Try to reach top 6

Priority #99 = win a cup

Priority #100 = qualify for Europe

Priority #1 = Avoid relegation

Priority #2 = A decent run in the Scottish Cup (= more money) but not at cost of priority #1

Priority #3 = Get players signed up on longer contracts

Priority #4 = Try to reach top 6

Priority #99 = win a cup

Priority #100 = qualify for Europe

I like #100

Can you add the option of "Win the SPL and all the Cups", just for our most disgruntled member!

No ******* guessing to who you mean there eh :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated:

Can you add the option of "Win the SPL and all the Cups", just for our most disgruntled member!

No ******* guessing to who you mean there eh :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated: :irritated:

I think you need to change your attitude. At first it was funny but now its getting very boring, give it a rest!

It always has to be survival in the league a No. 1 priority. We have, in the past, been lucky to get a good cup run but we can never plan to be lucky every year. 42 teams have similar ideas in CIS cup and over a hundred in Scottish. There are always obstacles and surprises in cup comps and never guarantees of progression. Progression always tends to be on the luck of the draw and this CIS year the draw went against us. The league affords us more control in our destiny. We know our opponents. We know whats needed to stay ahead of the worst team. We also play each of those teams three or four times so have chances to sort problems and make ammends. We dont get that in cup games.

6-0 can be hard to take but it happens from time to time and we just have to shake ourselves down keep on fighting.

• Agree 1

Mahonio, i get that your all for the free speach, voicing the opinion and all that jazz. But surely you must have seen this kind of reaction coming from certain people who read your posts.

Edited by ajsict92