FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup Third Round Draw

Kingsmills

Looking forward to seeing us in action in this competition this season. The draw for round three is at 11.30am on Thursday. Which club would you like to see us drawn against? Personally I'd like Hearts or Lavvy away.

Edited by TopSix

Suppose if we wanted to progress any of those at home but some great away nights there - lets hope Dumbarton as their new ground is the only one in Scotland that I have never been to. Palmerston is ma fave away day, Livi fer the family shopping, Cappielow fer a pub closer than Dumfries or Livi and Stranraer fer the memories.

We should be professional enough to beat any of the non seeded teams.  I would be interested to play Falkirk and see how Roberts gets on against us.  He seems to be making a real impression there. 

But what tonight proves is that no team can be taken for granted.  Even lowly Stranraer seemed to be worthy winners against a pretty full strength County side.  County apparently only managed 4 shots all night!  Of course, it could simply be that County are sh*te. 

• Agree 1

We should be professional enough to beat any of the non seeded teams.  I would be interested to play Falkirk and see how Roberts gets on against us.  He seems to be making a real impression there. 

But what tonight proves is that no team can be taken for granted.  Even lowly Stranraer seemed to be worthy winners against a pretty full strength County side.  County apparently only managed 4 shots all night!  Of course, it could simply be that County are sh*te. 

The whole team could only manage 4 shots,  sounds like you would have a fun night out on a pub crawl with the County boys, not

Incredibly, the County away 'support' was only out-numbered by 207 home fans!  Only 215 at the match on a night of appalling attendances across the games - again bringing into question fans' appetite for the League Cup. Aberdeen had under 4900! One exception, Falkirk v. Dunfermline had a relatively healthy 3663 but those clubs seem to have a major rivalry.

Stranraer got a bigger crowd in the last round, but to be fair that was against much more glamorous opposition.

Brechin.

To be fair, the last round was played on a saturday at the 'traditional' 3pm, but last night was literally the cliched 'who's going to travel to Stranraer on a wet Tuesday night!'

Why am I almost sticking up for County!!?? I must book myself for that! :yellowcard:

We'll probably draw Falkirk at home then concede a penalty in front of the North Stand. Philip Roberts steps up takes it and scores, jumps onto the wall behind the goal, lifts his shirt to reveal his t-shirt underneath (on which he's written 'CTO - Karma?!') but discovers he's put it on back-to-front.

• Agree 1