FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mystery Investors

L_G

Can't be bothered typing the full story, but keep an eye out for the courier online in a while.  Both a Scottish and an English investor have contacted ICT.  Scottish investors want to improve the stadium and the English aparently want to use us as a feeder club.

David Sutherland is reported as saying he would increase his shareholding to stop a businessman taking overall control of the club which has been run so well up until now.

Front page on the Courier with lots of quotes suggesting this more than a rumour.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Sutherland (Tullochs) is reported to hold at least a 29% shareholding and according to the Inverness Courier, Sandy Catto has 16% and Alan Savage 12%.  The Courier have quoted David Sutherland as saying that he would increase his shareholding to block the businessman, who he believes would want a controlling interest in return for his investment.  Graeme Bennet also states that the board would not want anyone to have a controlling stake in the club.

I have spoken with Les Kidger this morning who is the chairman of the Supporter's Trust and he is disappointed that the Trust have not been advised by the ICT board, of this potential investment, despite our enhanced voting rights of almost 12%.  Until we are aware of the actual proposals on the table we couldn't make any proper comment, but we would expect this to be a topic worthy of discussion at our AGM next Thursday.

I would expect that the Trust would also share the views of Mr Sutherland and Mr Bennet, that having one business or individual in control of the club wouldn't be in the club's best interests, but we can't really make a decision until we have some information on the proposals.

having one business or individual in control of the club wouldn't be in the club's best interests

I have to agree with that - you just need to look at Hearts as one example.

Yes I have to say I agree with that too.  Hearts were the first thing that came to my mind.

This not a rumour.  Inverness Courier have it on the front page with quotes from Alan Savage, Graeme Bennet and David Sutherland.  Whether anything comes of it is another story, but I think we have enough evidence that contact has been made with the club.

It's the quotes from the chairman, vice chairman and major shareholder that are enough to convince me that the approach has been made.  Have you even read the article yet? 

I have replied to your PM, so can we now keep this thread on topic.

This could have a major impact in our club and I think it is very worthy of it's place on the main board. 

On the otherhand, they do have to listen to potential investors.  Some cash wouldn't go a miss at the end of the day, but I suppose it depends on their intentions.  Only our board have the fact and we have to trust them to act in the best interests of the club.  They have always seen us through in the past so I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

I'm dead against this, I think we already have a great setup here and a good relationship between club and fan compared to most. I don't want this to change.

Not only a good set up, but something that is building and progressing at a sensible pace....

I'd be very wary of major changes taking place, just because someone with a bit of cash thinks he or she has seen possibilities of a fast buck combined with a little slice of fame....

As for Caley becoming a feeder club to some English outfit..... P1ss off....  :33:

Feeder club my @rse !!!

i dont see any benefit being anyones feeder club

Is anyone else old enough to remember back in the eighties, Ken Bates bought a controlling interest in Partick Thistle with a view to creating a feeder/nursery club for Chelsea..?

Were Livi not made a feeder club by Man Utd about 4 seasons ago? Where they got a sum of money, but didn't get any players on loan and safe to say didn't have any players join Man Utd!

I actually find it quite insulting that anyone would approach us with the view of turning us into a "Feeder Club".  OK, so we're not a big club by any stretch of the imagination and it is nice to have contacts with larger teams whereby we can do them a service by taking the odd player on loan to help any situation we may be in with regards shortage of personnel in any area, but as for players going the other way...that is something we, as a club, should always have full control over.

In terms of the party who supposedly has an interest in the Stadium Development....I again would be very cautious with regards to this, as the one big thing that is going to make our site worth something is the completion of the Harbour Development and it sounds like someone trying to get in and take control while it's cheap.  The value of the leasehold held by the Stadium Trust on our behalf will, IMO, go through the roof in the next couple of years....so much so that I think we would be in a very strong position to be looking at wiping out that debt, getting a new Stadium (be it a developed one in current location or moved elsewhere) and ending up with a few quid in the bank.

Now is not the time for us to be doing these deals, and I also think we are lucky to have someone like David Sutherland on our side.  Don't get me wrong, his motives won't be entirely selfless, but he has always done well by us whilst improving his own situation and I'd rather be in a win-win situation involving him than risk our position with an unknown entity.

As the saying goes.....better the devil you know.