FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer

CaleyMad

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to CD for taking on the job. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll soon master the task. Also credit for saying how much more there is to the role than we all think. This could be true of a number of the roles many of us posters think we could so easily fill at TCS!

All the best Don!

Wasn't at the game on saturday and couldn't really be bothered reading this thread, thats why I just jumped in and suggested the sex bomb gomersall.

But congratulations on the job, just great passion when we score would be good and a bit of banter.

Don't even go down the "where are all the volunteers" road Alex. If ICT hadn't spent so long ignoring and p*ssing off the people who were willing and able to do things for the club in the past then they might find a few more willing participants for various things these days.

As regards the "must be a slow news week comments", the atmosphere at TCS isn't anything near what it should be which makes the matchday experience a pretty dire affair (footballing aspect aside). Like it or not, this does turn people off from going to games and it's subject that has been raised with the club on several occasions. A piper and a penalty shoot out at half time does not equate to a "great matchday experience". The announcer is the person best placed to work/lift the crowd and get them a little more upbeat, and we can all sit and say "what's the point", but until they actually try and give it a go then you can't say it wouldn't work.

I'd absolutely love to be given a crack at doing the stadium announcing, but I suspect that as much as I might get the crowd a little more fired up, the reserved nature of certain people at the club who think we should all be sitting quietly watching the football might not see me last very long.

The announcer is likely (or should be) the first person we hear when arriving at the stadium and the last we hear when leaving. They can be influential in setting the tone before the game and can be the last thing we remember when leaving.....first impressions, last impressions.....and not a job that should be underestimated or filled by someone who just so happens to be kicking about. I don't doubt that someone like Jud offered assistance with best intentions, but best intentions are no substitute for knowledge and experience.

Hmmm... :rotflmao:

Don't even go down the "where are all the volunteers" road Alex. If ICT hadn't spent so long ignoring and p*ssing off the people who were willing and able to do things for the club in the past then they might find a few more willing participants for various things these days.

As regards the "must be a slow news week comments", the atmosphere at TCS isn't anything near what it should be which makes the matchday experience a pretty dire affair (footballing aspect aside). Like it or not, this does turn people off from going to games and it's subject that has been raised with the club on several occasions. A piper and a penalty shoot out at half time does not equate to a "great matchday experience". The announcer is the person best placed to work/lift the crowd and get them a little more upbeat, and we can all sit and say "what's the point", but until they actually try and give it a go then you can't say it wouldn't work.

I'd absolutely love to be given a crack at doing the stadium announcing, but I suspect that as much as I might get the crowd a little more fired up, the reserved nature of certain people at the club who think we should all be sitting quietly watching the football might not see me last very long.

The announcer is likely (or should be) the first person we hear when arriving at the stadium and the last we hear when leaving. They can be influential in setting the tone before the game and can be the last thing we remember when leaving.....first impressions, last impressions.....and not a job that should be underestimated or filled by someone who just so happens to be kicking about. I don't doubt that someone like Jud offered assistance with best intentions, but best intentions are no substitute for knowledge and experience.

Hmmm... :rotflmao:

Just think Don.........if I hadn't made my post about volunteers and you hadn't responded in the way you did would you have been in the chair last week? Well done someone at the stadium for taking the points raised on this thread on board.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: my thread got someone a job ;) :lol: :015:

i should get promoted to AT LEAST a first team player :D :P :021:

joke!

Edited by stevenwebster

This thread had nothing to do with anyone getting (or losing) a job, the position was vacant before the thread was started and I was at the club on other business when the subject came up and we were asked if we knew of anyone and I volunteered to assist.

Guest birdog

Ceud mille (latin) failte do'n Gaerasdan (bastardisation of the English word "garrison") Caledonian

What percentage of Gaelic is actually Gaelic?

Guest birdog

Ceud mille (latin) failte do'n Gaerasdan (bastardisation of the English word "garrison") Caledonian

What percentage of Gaelic is actually Gaelic?

What percentage of English is actually English?

Garrison sounds French to me.

Perhaps these posts would be better moved to the Gaelic bashing thread in serious topics but your statement sums up that whole argument beautifully. Gaelic is pretending to be some cutesy little indigenous language of Scotland when in reality language is ever expanding and evolving due to the influences of human migration and social evolution. To try to save a language and dialect which is naturally on the way out is akin to trying to stop apes evolving into man.

did anyone see the fulham announcer on match of the day? i think hes an ex-player, hes life long fulham fan. he sits in the dugout during the game.

That'll be David "diddy" Hamilton the former Radio 1 and 2 DJ from many moons ago.

• 2 weeks later...

:rotflmao:

Well done today!

Thought you done good today, some good music at the start and the announcements were very clear and easily understood (even at the cafe.)

Only one thing tho. Half Time music . . . newer stuff please and the older tunes work well when talking over it.

I played a larger variety of music today and the general feedback so far has been positive. The HT music was a couple of requests I'd had in connection with the Birthdays and stuff...but I shall endeavour to fit a couple of newer tracks in there in future if that's what people want.

I can't always guarantee to play what everyone asks for, but feel free to throw ideas at me and provided they're not too far out there, then I'll do what I can.

Glad the announcements are coming across clear. I've got a big (rather deep) voice anyway, and that seems to be suiting the system at the Stadium.

Keep the feedback coming.