FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran Wants 20+

FortressICT

Saying in the Highland News that he wants at least 20 goals this season.

If we are going to challenge for the title we are going to at least need one of our strikers scoring at least 20+, so it's good to see Foran coming out with that.

You would think Barrowman and Rooney should be the one's coming out and saying that. They did feck all last season goal wise

Rooney scored all his goals from the bench so maybe if he was playing more then he would have got more. He had been put a side while Barrowman was subbed on instead.

Foran has a good chance of scoring mmuch more than 20 goals. He is a SPL striker for sure so he will definatly make it in Division 1. He will be the key to a sucessful promotional season and as soon as we get promoted he will get snapped up by a richer SPL club.

Foran will be an out and out striker this season - lets face it - he wasnt match fit until March and he rarely got any service in the SPL. As Gordy points out there should be no shortage of goals next season. Odhiambos' pace and Rooney's strength means that TB has real striking options - IMHO Barrowman and Foran do not mix, especially if Foran is played as the goal poacher role. Barrowman is a back up.

You would think Barrowman and Rooney should be the one's coming out and saying that. They did feck all last season goal wise.

Not like we provided them with much to finish off though.

Foran will be an out and out striker this season - lets face it - he wasnt match fit until March and he rarely got any service in the SPL. As Gordy points out there should be no shortage of goals next season. Odhiambos' pace and Rooney's strength means that TB has real striking options - IMHO Barrowman and Foran do not mix, especially if Foran is played as the goal poacher role. Barrowman is a back up.

That's why Butcher should go with 3 strikers for the home games next season.

as soon as we get promoted he will get snapped up by a richer SPL club

Really?

He's already proved he likes being at ICT and shown some loyalty.

If we were to get promoted I reckon he'd stay with ICT and Butcher.

Also the other many SPL teams (Don's and arabs) are too short on money after the Setanata issues to spend on anything other than frees. We'd be able to offer more than we can in the first as well.

Anyway it's a hypothetical discussion, only time will tell.

Will look forward to seeing Foran in the 1st Division. I think he will perform well and he may also help the likes of Barrowman play better. Odhiambo will be one to look out for as well. This is going to be intresting :P

Just what we need. Hes a very good player but personally i would have Eric, Rooney and Foran all playing up front. Rooneys strength, Forans Ariel capabilities aswell as his ability to score some good goals and lastly Erics pace. I think it could rip up the 1st divison.

You would think Barrowman and Rooney should be the one's coming out and saying that. They did feck all last season goal wise.

20+ maybe he'll be playing up front this season

Eh? as much as he didnt get much of a run out Roony was our highest goal scorer.... even if some were in the Res matches the man can punt it

20+ maybe he'll be playing up front this season

I dont think Foran would have come out and said it either had the paper not asked him. In defence of Barrowman I think he was played all wrong last season. He is not a lone striker. He's a poacher who needs someone to feed of. Foran could well be the feeder. I reckon Barrowman would have worked well with Bayne or Wyness had he got the chance. Rooney was brought in as one for the future so didn't get the chances he maybe should have. Unfortunately, too long was spent with stupid tactics and disinterested players so we never really got to see what a few could do. Hopefully, with a much depleted squad, we'll see different next season.

A lot of wishful thinking going on with Barrowman IMO. Even a striker "played wrong" will show the occasional flash of what they are capable off and I never saw much if anything of that from Barrowman last season.

Will be happy for him to prove me wrong, but I find it hard to view him as anything other than a very large financial millstone around the neck of the club at the moment....one which will be warming the bench at best for most of the season.

Foran getting 20+ isnt beyond reality, as fully fit he will be one of our best players, and may turn out to be one of the best we have had in our history. Eric Odihambo will be interesting in the SFL as with his speed as long as we play to the strikers strengths ( unlike last season ) then I can see him creating a lot and finishing a few too. 12+ may not be asking to much of him. Rooooney - top scorer last season and didnt start to often. Can see him getting more time on the park and getting into double figures easily, as you could see his ability and strength when he came on. Barrowman, well we obviously didnt see much of what Brewster thought he would give the team. Personally I think he isnt great at play outside the box, but given a bit of confidence, and the ball played into the box a bit more often, I think he could suprise a few folk. Hope so.