FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

can we win the league

dan_ict

Eh? its a marathon not a sprint big yin, bit early to be coming out jinxing our two game run.. if its games like this and its 7-8 ont the bounce then.. i would be sort of agreeing...

Edited by Georgeios

Was there any need to start this topic? Seriously?

We've won 2 games, against s***e opposition. And while this is great for us, let's not get carried away. It's still only October and there's a long, long way to go.

Yes, it is still definitely possible for us to win the league, as is the case with about 7 or 8 teams if they get a decent run.

Time will tell if we're up there come May, think we should just close this topic for now though eh?

now we have started to find home form (even if its against the weaker teams) is there any chance we can win this league. i think we can

Played 6 Won 1 can hardly be construed as finding home form. When we beat Livi, Raith and Dundee then I'll concede that we've found home form but like others have said I believe we will stay up.

now we have started to find home form (even if its against the weaker teams) is there any chance we can win this league. i think we can

Played 6 Won 1 can hardly be construed as finding home form. When we beat Livi, Raith and Dundee then I'll concede that we've found home form but like others have said I believe we will stay up.

I take it you mean Clydebank and not Medowbank?

You what??

I think its more a case of Butcher having found the right formation rather than a case of finding home form, I am not saying that we have suddenly turned into a team of world beaters and some sterner tests are coming, but I am looking forward to them with a lot more confidence than I was a couple of weeks ago.

You what??

Airdrie not Livi.

We are in a stronger position than most give us credit for. If someone had said we'd be 4 points off the top at the start of November at the start of the season I wouldn't have been too bothered and have said that was a great position to be in.

Also, the Champions in waiting who have enjoyed an excellent start to this formality of a promotion season will (hopefully) be a point behind the team fighting against successive relegations this time next week...

It's all about standards and expectations, we have higher than most given our recent history. Season has a very, very long way to go though...!

Im enroute to winning it on FM2010, signed; Ivan Campo, Andy Van der Meyde, Stephen Hughes, Antoine Sibierski and Bobo Balde all on frees. Although i did get knocked out in the 1st round of the challenge cup to Arbroath on pens.

Bit of topic, but how on earth did you manage to afford those guys wages?!

In reference to the topic. We are in the mix and thats where we want to be. Being slightly behind allows us to sneak up and gain momentum.

Nothing will really become apparent until about march or around 25 games in. As it stands we are only a 3rd of the way into the season so way too early to start getting ahead of ourselves.

But I Believe!

Do we not normally have pretty bad starts to the season and then we start to pick up our form and go on some sort of a run? Maybe not when we were in the SPL but definetly before that we always used to be slow starters.

We have had a slow start this season and hopefully this is us going to go on a major run of wins.

In answer the the topic of course we can win the league but so can County, Queens, Dundee, Partick, Raith possibly even Dunfermline. There is a hell of a lot of hard work to go

Im enroute to winning it on FM2010, signed; Ivan Campo, Andy Van der Meyde, Stephen Hughes, Antoine Sibierski and Bobo Balde all on frees. Although i did get knocked out in the 1st round of the challenge cup to Arbroath on pens.

Bit of topic, but how on earth did you manage to afford those guys wages?!

In reference to the topic. We are in the mix and thats where we want to be. Being slightly behind allows us to sneak up and gain momentum.

Nothing will really become apparent until about march or around 25 games in. As it stands we are only a 3rd of the way into the season so way too early to start getting ahead of ourselves.

But I Believe!

Not hard considering on FM2009, i had signed Philip Senderos & Philip Cocu for nothing and Rory McAllister and Garry Wood fired Scotland to the World Cup Final(Lost 3-2 to Brazil in final beating England & Italy on the way)

It's a reasonable question is it not. The opening post asks people if they think we can win the league. Anything is possible, therefore yes we can until it's mathematically impossible to do so. I don't see anyone getting carried away after these encouraging results.

Can't understand why folk think Dan (thread starter) is too early with this question ;)

Surely that's what clubs forums are meant for.

To answer the question, I would say 10 days ago we had absolutely no chance ! Stayin up was my only concern. In fact I wrote on these boards that the season was a write off.

To my utter amazement Butcher changed things around, changed the formation and more importantly the personnel. It must of been hard for him to drop the bulk of his signings, but fair play to the guy, I certainly didn't see it coming.

What we've now got is a team who CAN win the league but Dundee SHOULD.

As we all know though in football, it's not always the club with the money that takes it all. Dundee aren't rampaging through this league YET like everyone thought.

It's going to be an exciting season now.

I would say we'll definately finish in the top two