FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cup Final Team

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

i think dougie starting is a good thing, because bringing on hayes as a sub he runs straight at defenders who are tired.

i didnt see ronney today, but i think since odiambho scored, he could deserve his place in front rooney.. if not id go for same 11 again. cant change a team who are getting results!

aye but dropping rooney after another decent shift and 5 goals in last 4 games is a bit harsh. erics a good option from the bench

What decent shift was this? I must have missed that today.

Dont think rooney did alot today only thing what i remember is his overhead kick attempt

aye but dropping rooney after another decent shift and 5 goals in last 4 games is a bit harsh. erics a good option from the bench

What decent shift was this? I must have missed that today.

Dont think rooney did alot today only thing what i remember is his overhead kick attempt

just thought he put in some good crosses that should've been buried and generally worked hard and looked interested and got himself into a few decent positions. not saying that was him at his very best today just putting in a decent shift on par with numerous others in the team except he's scored 5 in last 4 games and it would be a tad harsh to drop him for eric at this time :001:

Rooney was about as effective as the majority of the team today and to drop him simply cos he wasn't a stand out seems ridiculous to me. If we're going by that theory then it should be Foran who is dropped as today was his worst game in an ict shirt. We should go with the same team with the exception of Imrie who appears to have disappeared up his own ar5e. Maybe he was just pi55ed off today as he really should have been playing for scotland in wales.

I thought Sandshoes played well today, didnt deserve to get hooked, foran should have walked far earlier.

Odi plays up front, not a direct replacement for Sanchez.

Start with the same 11 and change if not working at ht.

Think Hayes has to start in a game where we'll probably be more on the back foot than we have been in most recent matches - his pace could be Dundee's undoing. Imrie sounds like he's been poor the last couple of weeks but he could be an effective sub - if dropped he'll be pissed off and want to prove Butcher wrong if he comes on.

I think it would be folly to drop Sanchez, even if he does tend to be quiet during some games: he can still see a pass better than any of our other players. I'm excited to see what Eric can contribute at this level, but I'd still start with Rooney and make an early switch for Eric if that isn't working.

When we were struggling early season everyone was talking about how it would be fine when Imrie was back because he was one of the few players we had who had made the grade in SPL. Now everyone is getting on his back. I agree he hasn't been at his best since his return and his final ball is often disappointing, but the work he puts in really unsettles the opposition and he pressures players into mistakes and makes himself available for passes. As a team we have looked much more threatening since he has come into the side. I think he should start but be told that he will probably come off after 60 minutes or so and to keep pressing all the time.

Hayes and Odhiambo will be effective substitutes with their pace later in the game when Dundee are pressing forward in a vain attempt to get back into the match.

True what you about Bulvitis, it's the one position that really needs cover. On the point of Tokely, well there's Proctor, Stratford, Duncan and Cox who can all fill in at right back should they need to.

ok but can they do a better job.just dont think its always wise to chop and change unless you've quality replacements and sometimes it pays to have a settled team. proctor could hold his own at right back but is doing well in midfield, never seen cox at right back so couldnt comment but would be scared to see stratford or duncan start there

When we were struggling early season everyone was talking about how it would be fine when Imrie was back because he was one of the few players we had who had made the grade in SPL. Now everyone is getting on his back. I agree he hasn't been at his best since his return and his final ball is often disappointing, but the work he puts in really unsettles the opposition and he pressures players into mistakes and makes himself available for passes. As a team we have looked much more threatening since he has come into the side. I think he should start but be told that he will probably come off after 60 minutes or so and to keep pressing all the time.

Hayes and Odhiambo will be effective substitutes with their pace later in the game when Dundee are pressing forward in a vain attempt to get back into the match.

Just to clarify my earlier post, I didn't intend to sound like I was getting on Imrie's back - in the last game I saw him in (against Ayr) he played well and like you I thought he could be, and may still be, an important player for us in this division. I just didn't expect us to have such good competition for him in the shape of Hayes. I think they could play on opposing wings, but that might mean dropping either Foran or Sanchez, neither of whom I'd like to lose at the moment, and for me Hayes is the more direct player, especially on the counter-attack.