News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Disparate Jobs

Dmacca

Heres another one on the jobs theme....

Anyone out there changed jobs or know anyone who has changed jobs, has gone into a job that was completely different to what their previous job was?

ie; From being a Plumber to a Dentist.

I am a ceramic tiler and could not imagine doing anything other than tiling !!

Yes, I did do it in reverse, but that was as much through choice as it was circumstance.  I wouldn't go back to my old bank job if they paid me 5 times more for doing it.

I'm currently going through a phase of not knowing what I want to do next, which I find quite surprising as I'm not one for job hopping.  Since leaving school I've only had 3 different full-time employers!!!

Bank Manager to common Janitor.

Made more money running a Janitorial business than in the Bank although the Bank position was a senior one.

Being self-employed generally trumps deferring to a boss-- any boss, especially a..s  h.o.les. :012:

But I do miss the boot-licking and respect from customers looking for money that comes with the suit and tie and forever have hated the lack of respect and condescention of clients who thought I was a common janitor when in fact janitorial work, window cleaning, etc, is what I do not what I am. Work is work and what matters is not what you do but how well you do it .

Fascinating way to see the two sides of people and how influenced  they all are  by social status etc., especially their own, LOL.

Their is a saying "clothes maketh the man"-- baloney, clothes can be deceptive and can hide the man. One of my good friends , my very good mechanic, has a checkered past history having been in jail for a spell for

clocking obnoxious people and also policemen who tried to beat him up. Tough as nails but as honest as the day is long and someone who turns out to have a fine intelligence, a deep insight into people and is constantly helping little impecunious old ladies and lame dogs over styles.  I would trust him implicitly when I would not trust a suit further than I could throw him.