FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bamba en route ?

Bamba in limbo as move collapses

Bamba played for the Ivory Coast at the Olympics

Dunfermline defender Sol Bamba is still likely to leave East End Park, with Inverness Caledonian Thistle looking like favourites to sign him, despite Watford pulling out of the deal to sign the Ivory Coast defender.

It had been expected that the 23-year-old would complete his transfer after returning from the Olympics.

Pars boss Jim McIntyre told his club website: "The transfer was agreed.

"And, for whatever reason only known by them, they have decided to pull the plug on it. It was disappointing, but we have had interest from Inverness."

Bamba, who arrived in Fife from Paris St Germain in 2006, returned to the Dunfermline side in Wednesday's 2-0 Challenge Cup defeat by Queen of the South.

He was a surprise inclusion in a youthful line-up after returning earlier than expected, on the morning before the game, from Beijing.

"Bamba is a good player and he is back in the squad," added McIntyre.

"I thought he did very well considering he travelled all the way back from Paris through the night and had been drininking and shagging in the Pigalle District. He will probably blend in well with Dan Wagalucka."

Guest Mahonio

WHO WOULD YOU PREFER McGUIRE or BAMBA?

Jesus you all criticise McGuire and when another CB is linked he gets the same- CRITICSM,

We would appear to be out of the running for Bamba, what has happened with the Mcintyre signing?

As in Jim McIntyre? He's the Dunfermline manager, so doubt he'd join us as a player :rotflmao:

I'm guessing you mean McCracken... no word about him; but either way, come midnight we'll know something.

Bamba has signed a 3 year deal with hibs and pressley is off to Danish side Randers, so that puts all that to bed then

Well... theres stil Mcracken!

i'd prefer our Jamie Duff to Bamba anyway.

WHO WOULD YOU PREFER McGUIRE or BAMBA?

Jesus you all criticise McGuire and when another CB is linked he gets the same- CRITICSM,

McGuire.

Bamba is absolutely chronic, an awful player.

Some people just will not accept this. I don't know if it's simply because we were linked with a player that we have to believe he is good or whatever but for some unknown reason a lot of ICT fans appear fixated that he will solve our problems at the back.

I'd rather see two from Duff, McGuire or Munro back there. Ideally Duff and Munro. Delighted Hibs have signed him.

• 2 weeks later...