FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Oh aye County

caley100

Their start has been good, but they are only on 13 points. We have had a fairly poor start and we are on 9 points.

If County are saying they are playing really good and are thinking of promotion already playing like this then I don't think it will happen.

The point im trying to make is, we are only 4 points behind them and we are playing shocking at points. So when/if we do pick up form, it's not going to be too hard to catch up/take over the teams at the top. Provided we keep ticking along just now and picking up points (I know that sort of contradicts what I said in another thread about draws dont win the league).

Its not an impossibility for County to win promotion and it is feasible that they could build a stand in 11 weeks. We built two in twelve. What has, however, been overlooked, both by the press and by those commenting is the SPL ruling that a team can only groundshare with another SPL team.

Its not an impossibility for County to win promotion and it is feasible that they could build a stand in 11 weeks. We built two in twelve. What has, however, been overlooked, both by the press and by those commenting is the SPL ruling that a team can only groundshare with another SPL team.

Are you sure about that?

My understanding was that groundsharing was acceptable - As long as the shared ground meets with present SPL criteria, regards seating, safety requirements etc.

I think Johnboy's just about right, unless the rules have changed again.

We might have shared McDiarmid Park rather than Pittodrie, but there was an SPL requirement that the SPL club has to have priority and control over fixture dates, which St J would not accept.

the SPL club has to have priority and control over fixture dates

that is the vital phrase ... it is this phrase that stopped Falkirk sharing the Shyberry (Excelsior) Stadium when they were denied promotion for the 2nd time, it was this phrase which would have stopped us sharing McDiarmid, and it is this phrase that would stop county sharing the TCS if they did actually win the title ..... At least if you groundshare with a team in the same division (SPL), the SPL can chop and change the dates at will ......

another good reason for only having a single governing body .... If sharing is good enough for Bayern/1860 and AC/Inter, and the Maracana can be shared by 4 teams, then surely a petty rule like this is totally bogus !!!

County have never played in the top flight of Scottish football.

ahhhh :lol: At least people will remember that.

I thought you could oly ground share if the team were in the same league as you eg Aberdeen...

No harm in planning ahead (like we didn't) but they will not win the league. It fills the news pages I suppose.

I dont think we did plan ahead. we were well behind in say February and only a very good run pushed us up and im sure the win over Clyde in Clyde would have then put this issue over to the board. Anyway "if" county do go up then they could GS with St Johnstone (Providing they stay up)

Edited by caleykid1994