FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Morton : matchday thread

Scotty

Smee, come on. Sanchez made, or had a hand in two of the goals! Great to watch, passing was good and the finishing was great. Defence could have been made to look a bit wobbly by a more decent side. Esson steady. I am thinking that we are hitting a bit of form at exactly the right time. Only down side was Barrowman's miss right on full time. I was really hoping he'd score and make the muppets that continue to leave early just a wee bit sick at having missed something. As well as cheering off your side at the end of the game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smee, come on. Sanchez made, or had a hand in two of the goals! Great to watch, passing was good and the finishing was great. Defence could have been made to look a bit wobbly by a more decent side. Esson steady. I am thinking that we are hitting a bit of form at exactly the right time. Only down side was Barrowman's miss right on full time. I was really hoping he'd score and make the muppets that continue to leave early just a wee bit sick at having missed something. As well as cheering off your side at the end of the game.

The muppets left early - was there a happy hour at the Heathmount or were they following in the foot steps of Mike Smith?

Jeeezo oh, todays the first ever time ive left early, well with about an hour or so to go... Are people still leaving early?? oh my, True Fans... my hooop.

Just had a wee look at the table and we gonna go above County next week if we win :D :rolleyes:

Hope we keep going this way!

Dont want Butcher to go no more :blink:

hes got next week for me to start beleving again...

A smileymometer:

Esson :rolleyes::blink: :D No chance for their goal, had sweet fanny adams to do otherwise

Tokely :D :D :) Still doesn't look at his best but was rarely exposed

Bulvitis :) :) :) Got himself a goal, good for him. Still looks shaky at times defensively

Munro :) :) :) Had a mare in the first 15 mins, but started the move for the first goal and came onto a game

Golabek :) :) :) Solid, if unspectacular

Proctor :) :) :) :) :) Can't remember him giving the ball away once, and kept a disciplined position in front of the centre-backs. Is defensive midfield his perfect position?

Sanchez :) :) :) :) As soon as he got some space he looked a real player. Some smashing touches

Duncan :) :) :) :) Defensively excellent as usual, and for a change his passing and attacking play were decent too

Foran :) :) :) :) Worked hard and protected Golly well; he showed tremendous awareness to lay on Rooney for the third goal

Rooney :) :) :) :) :) Has to be MOTM. His first two goals were the sort of finishes you want from your centre forward. Could have had more as well

Imrie :) :) :) :) :) We certainly missed him when he was injured. Looked like he could run for another 90 mins

SUBS

Hayes :) :) :) Gave the tired full backs a real problem with his pace

Cox :) :) Gave a typical hard working display when he came on

Barrowman :) Only on for 5 mins, but still managed to spurn a great chance

Wow. What a game. I thought the second half was better than the first half football wise. Rooneys first goal was sensational. Keeper had no chance. Second was put on a plate to him by foran and the third was a good finish from the penalty spot. I thought foran and sanchez were absolutly brilliant. Even though i was cringing everytime foran went near someone when he was on a booking. Imrie was good. Infact i dont care what anyone says everyone was great today. And dont go complaining about barrowman missing that chance cos IMO i think he was unlucky. Good day at the office and lets keep it up for the county game.

Having been able to make the game today....I wouldnt say the scoreline was reflective of the game. There wasnt a huge gap between the teams. Sure, we deserved the win, but we werent that much ahead of Morton.

Foran is our best platyer by a country mile. Sanchez looked poor quality! I would have started Rooney and Barrowman up front with Foran just behind.

But, the most important thing was the 3 pts, so its all good :lol:

Smee at football match shocker!!!!!

Sanchez was good today by the way.

Enjoyed a home game today for the first time in months.

Without doubt the best attacking display by ict for a while now. The whole team seemed to be working in tandem, with a new and fluid formation, the front four quickly turned into a front two, maybe a lone striker if needed, and even the holding midfielders getting up front and creating.

Rooney looks like a different man, i swear i even saw him show a turn of pace today. He was immense and could have had 4 or 5 himself. Special mention for Foran though, again showing passion and willing to chase everything, he looks like he has been told a thing or two regarding his performances earlier in the season but he seems to have found his SPL form again. Sanchez was proving his doubters wrong again with a faultless display, spraying the ball everywhere.

Nice to see a real attacking team destroy another (albeit sub-standard but still in the same league). The county game should be interesting now. Especially with Odi ready for the action.

The most enjoyable home game this season I reckon. Great result and it could of been more, but on the whole, I don't think there was three goals between the two teams but ICT deserved to win. Morton weren't exactly amazing, but they did have a couple of chances. The standouts for me today were obviously Rooney, Foran and Sanchez. Rooney strangely enough didn't do much else than score his goals, but after all, that's what he's there for and he took each one well. He could've even had four or five today, with the Morton keeeper excellently saving a goalbound header of his, just after he's scored the penalty. Foran was very hard working and has some leap on him. Again, he was all over the pitch and switching with Imrie regularly on the wing and Sanchez now an again. The only thing about him though, is he seems awfully hot headed at times, and the impression I got was he was taken off before he was sent off. For me, that was the best I've ever seen Sanchez. He looked quite good going forward, and passing to wings was excellent. Seemed to beating men on the wings as well today which was very good and fairly effective.

Of the rest, Proctor had a productive if quiet game. The same could be said for Duncan, who was effective at times knocking the ball wide, but did have a few spells of his regular wayward passes. Imrie was good but maybe tries too hard. He was good and hardworking on the wings, but could do with improving his first touch and not going for the glory himself all the time. There was a couple of times when he should of knocked the ball into the box, but instead went on his own to the line, which wasn't as effective.

Of the backline, Esson barely had a save to make but had no chance with the goal. How refreshing it is to see a goalie in an ICT shirt just rolling or throwing the ball out wide. Far better than Michael Fraser's tactics of holding it, holding it and holding it somemore, and then punting the ball aimlessly forward as hard as he could. Tokely didn't have the best of first halves from what I could see but was better in the second. He was like a battering ram at times down the right wing, and his slinky keepy uppys on the byline to knock the ball out for a corner were ace. :021: The only thing is now is that he seems to get quite puffed out towards the end of games. Maybe not fully fit just yet. Bulvitis seems to get better every week and took his goal well. Look the more solid of the two centre backs today, but needs to look for a pass times instead of hoofing the ball forward. He could've had two or three as well today! Golabek was fairly effectively down the left flank though was quiet for spells, but solid nonetheless. Don't know if he's the absolute answer but will do for now with his current performances. Munro wasn't his best today, but wasn't bad. The first 20 minutes or so he looked a bit shakey, and at one point punted the ball to a Morton man on the wing, and then a wayward pass to a Morton striker about 20 feet away led to a Morton attack, all in the space of a minute. As the game went on he became better and seems to have finally realised that these long hoof down the middle are no use and seems to be punting the ball wide to Imrie down the right today which was good, especially when the latter was in space. Not an overly bad day at the office for him.

Of the substitutes, Hayes look very good when he came on. Fairly fast and can beat a man as well. I like him. Cox didn't have much time to do much, but still did alright. Barrowman was unlikely not to score in the last minute. It could've been either him or Sanchez to knock it home, but in the end it was neither. Snazzy boots mind. :021:

For me today, the unusually unhatted Butcher got it right today. A fluid sort of style was used, with the front four, especially Foran and Imrie changing fairly reguarly, with Proctor or Duncan occaisonally peeling out to the wing as well. It reminded me of last seasons Man U with many players not playing a set positions. Passing and first touches were a heck of a lot better today asw ell, but a couple still need to work on them. It's been obvious for months that attacking football has to be used, especially at home if ICT was to get promoted this season, and today we got just that. I'm not going to count my chickens yet, but if ICT keep playing the way they are, promotion is not an impossible dream this season.

I'll be a little briefer......

Just simply an irressitable game of footie for a change, well done to all.

And my special mention, notwithstanding the one and only Adam Rooney, goes to Mr Sanchez who was very very good today.

Rooney strangely enough didn't do much else than score his goals, but after all, that's what he's there for and he took each one well. He could've even had four or five today, with the Morton keeeper excellently saving a goalbound header of his, just after he's scored the penalty.

I agree with most of your comments but think you're being a bit unfairon Rooney. I thought he was brilliant today in all respects and his work rate could not be faulted. He does a lot more than just score goals. On one occasion after he had completed his hatrick he was last man back defending getting an excellent tackle in when Tokely was out of position. How many strikers having scored a hatrick would do that? He was also constantly closing defenders down making them hurry clearances and was effective in laying the ball off allowing Imrie, Sanchez and Foran the opportunity to run in the spaces. Had he not scored at all, his performance would still have been very good. He did a fantastic job for the team.

The first genuinely entertaining home match for many a long month.

spot on, cant remember the last time i enjoyed a home game so much

very suprised by the criticism of Sanchez, thought he was very impressive today, the position he plays coupled with our formation means he gets space and time on the ball and he has the vision to create chances which is what we have been missing of late. Foran, Imrie and Rooney complete a very dangerous attacking foursome and i think that 9 goals in the last two games show that we can score goals if we are play in that formation.

Still a couple of shaky moments but today will be a great confidence boost, was a much better performance than we have been seeing at home so far this season