FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher and Malpas' contract

Bronson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be sacked immediately for gross misconduct.

To lose his head with the supporters who pay his wages in inexcusable.

Go home Butcher, you doddery, bumbling, inept old English Hun tw%t.

Certain "Supporters" shouldnt be at the game if they cant get behind the team like Butcher requested !

I for one dont blame his reaction , our team were Dire today & the atmosphere was woeful too

Certain "Supporters" shouldnt be at the game if they cant get behind the team like Butcher requested !

I for one dont blame his reaction , our team were Dire today & the atmosphere was woeful too

It helps if we have a team we can get behind. I left todays game feeling like I couldn't care less. We're getting the same attitude from the majority on the field and in the dugout.

Bit of a "chicken and egg" scenario.

I don't believe the Team played poorly because the crowd was quiet.

I think the crowd was quiet because the Team's performance was woeful.

And if you only want supporters who are behind Butcher and Malpas at the games we may have a home support of about 5 or 6 at our next match.

His reaction was inexcusable.

Terry?

It helps if we have a team we can get behind. I left todays game feeling like I couldn't care less. We're getting the same attitude from the majority on the field and in the dugout.

Sometimes it works the other way. Today was a good example I think. At half time we had dominated the second half and looked like we should win the game. Thats the time when the fans need to get behind the team. I do understand though that the fans need something to shout about and most of the time we have not had that

Bit of a "chicken and egg" scenario.

I don't believe the Team played poorly because the crowd was quiet.

I think the crowd was quiet because the Team's performance was woeful.

And if you only want supporters who are behind Butcher and Malpas at the games we may have a home support of about 5 or 6 at our next match.

His reaction was inexcusable.

So it was alright for "supporters" to shout abuse at him :006:

See my post about age and experience, some of these wee boys are from the age where they think its ok to turn up and shout abuse at someone week in week out and not get any return fire on what they shout. If your going to dish it out learn to take it and stop being so hypocritical.

I didnt think Butcher was the right man when he was given the job, but while he is the man in charge he needs SUPPORTERS to get behind the team, and today it sounds like that is exactly what he was trying to do. He has signed some younger players that have not got a hell of a lot of first team football behind them, they need to games under their belt to progress. The inverness home fans are well known now for being sweety rustlers. In my experience the only time they get vocal is to shout and holler in COMPLAINT not in encouragement

• 2 weeks later...

The Atmosphere has always been woefull but no other manager has sworn at the fans! Brewster got more abuse than TB will in his life yet no swearing from him either.

i would just like to say give butcher a chance hes done nothing wrong. but this rumour about butch and malpas for 5 year contract is a fairy tale even tho i would like him to stay that long

Nope none, except failing to keep ICT up, unprofessional behaviour towards the supporters, bizarre team selections towards the end of last season, refusing to play Esson in the last game cause of his ego, playing boring football, playing far too defensively at home, getting rid of decent younger players (ie - Vigurs) and replacing them with duds (ie - Stratford). Other than that he's been fine. :D

The large majority of teams who have the same management team in place that long tend to reap the benefits.

The difference is they have a decent manager in the first place, and don't stick with duds for the sake of it. They also don't employ a manager who has an awful record.

Edited by Renegade

he actually is tbf. Something TB isnt and hes no good.

Bye bye.

Nope none, except failing to keep ICT up, unprofessional behaviour towards the supporters, bizarre team selections towards the end of last season, refusing to play Esson in the last game cause of his ego, playing boring football, playing far too defensively at home, getting rid of decent younger players (ie - Vigurs) and replacing them with duds (ie - Stratford). Other than that he's been fine.

QUOTE (KingBeastie @ Oct 19 2009, 11:58 PM)

The large majority of teams who have the same management team in place that long tend to reap the benefits.

The difference is they have a decent manager in the first place, and don't stick with duds for the sake of it. They also don't employ a manager who has an awful record.

DC; Renegade:

Fair enough, you don't rate Butcher as a manager; I have doubts myself. But can either of you explain why it would benefit the club more to sack him now, accrue extra debts for the club paying off his and MM's contracts and leave a replacement (probably of equally or more dubious pedigree) to fashion a winning side out of TB's signings, rather than accepting we're going to have a poor season and allowing TB and MM to walk away at the end of the season at no extra cost to the club? And if you can't, don't you think it's potentially counter-productive to be so relentlessly critical of the management team?

I'm not having a go: I've just not been convinced yet by any of the arguments in favour of changing the management team mid-season.

P.S. Apologies for not being able to quote properly from multiple posts in one reply - maybe some kind person less technically inept than me will explain it some day...

he actually is tbf. Something TB isnt and hes no good.

Bye bye.

Nope none, except failing to keep ICT up, unprofessional behaviour towards the supporters, bizarre team selections towards the end of last season, refusing to play Esson in the last game cause of his ego, playing boring football, playing far too defensively at home, getting rid of decent younger players (ie - Vigurs) and replacing them with duds (ie - Stratford). Other than that he's been fine.

QUOTE (KingBeastie @ Oct 19 2009, 11:58 PM)

DC; Renegade:

Fair enough, you don't rate Butcher as a manager; I have doubts myself. But can either of you explain why it would benefit the club more to sack him now, accrue extra debts for the club paying off his and MM's contracts and leave a replacement (probably of equally or more dubious pedigree) to fashion a winning side out of TB's signings, rather than accepting we're going to have a poor season and allowing TB and MM to walk away at the end of the season at no extra cost to the club? And if you can't, don't you think it's potentially counter-productive to be so relentlessly critical of the management team?

I'm not having a go: I've just not been convinced yet by any of the arguments in favour of changing the management team mid-season.

P.S. Apologies for not being able to quote properly from multiple posts in one reply - maybe some kind person less technically inept than me will explain it some day...

I think most of us have come to accept the fact we are stuck with TB and MM till the end of the season.

I just don't see why that should completely absolve them of any criticism regards the players they have brought in, the players they have let go, the tactics and team selections they adopt.

Their shortcomings are there for all to see..... The buck has to stop with them - there is nowhere left for them to hide.