FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Killie

RowdyBey

FT Killie 1-0 .... Will Mogga be on his way out ?

Hearts also losing 1-0 to St Mirren in the League Cup semi .... Ian Black booked then hooked :D

Jaggie1994: Yes, Maguire came on as a sub for Aberdeen in the last round so I guess he will be cup-tied.

You have to laugh, ?65000 a week, should have bought Barrowman.

From our point of view - I think it's OK. We beat Celtic then looked tired against St Mirren (OK make that hungover). Celtic beat Liverpool then underestimated us in the next game.... so the pattern is... we win on Saturday :D

Thought Caldwell was a bit unlucky (should have been cleared before him and there was little he could do as it bounced off) but I doubt that'll hit the mind of the 'Tic supporters. I'll be very interested to see how McDonald does at Middlesborough. Always thought he was a pretty good player myself.

The Celtic supporters do make me laugh though. They're constantly telling the Rangers fans how great they are because Celtic can spend in the transfer window and have a better balance sheet. Weird sense of priorities (and before anyone starts, yes, I'd say exactly the same if it were the other way around).

Celtic are following the script here.

Republic of Ireland captain R Keane signs for Celtic, after years of being linked with a move to the team he has supported all his life. Massive salary. The fans hail the saviour, and expectations are high. Makes his debut in a game that should be a comfortable win. and they suffer an embarrasing defeat. Keane turns out to be a bit of an expensive dud and people wonder what all the fuss was about. He then leaves the club, and Celtic search for their next saviour.

At least it wasn't Clyde this time.

It seems a bit daft to completely change your team around halfway into a season and then get them to gel without the aid of a pre-season, but Tony Mowbrays a manager and those guys are always informing us, and the media, that we know nothing about football.

I've not been impressed by a single Mowbray signing. That Ki guy looks ok but Im pretty sure Strachan sorted that out before he left. And I dont know what logic there is in selling your top goalscorer and best attacker (IMO) and bringing in two loan signings who will be offski come the end of the season once they realise that Scottish football is no picnic and a bit dire.

I've always been a massive fan of Robbie Keane, terrific player and it's not great seeing his career tarnished just because he moved to one of the evil sisters.... but I think having a player of Keane's quality playing in Scotland can only be a good thing for the SPL.

Hopefully some more quality players follow suit or the ones that are here already (i.e. Kilmarnock last night) up their game

had to laugh last night though

It was apparently a boyhood dream to play for Liverpool when he signed for them. And he was in his peak in the summer of 2008.

Now he always wanted to play for Celtic and has reached his peak a year and a half later.

If anything his career has dwindled. Couldnt get in a team with one striker then refunded to Tottenham (effectively) and hasn't been able to hold down a 1st team spot there.

In fact 'Arry Redknapp has, seemingly, went out of his way to knock him down the pecking order with the purchase of Crouch, Defoe and now the loan signing of Gudjohnsen.

Though I do agree he was/is a top player and his record for ROI show this. (only 9 goals from being the top scorer ever in the british Ilses.)

Robbie Keane supported Liverpool and Celtic. Roy Keane supported Spurs and Celtic. Most Irish I know have a liking to one of the Old Firm and an English team. I'm pretty sure most of us have an English team too. Doesn't mean we can't support one in Scotland too (although I've no time for those that support two, know what I mean?)

Caley Supporter

however i am a bit of a fan (look out for the scores) for

The Gunners and lossiemouth, Georgeios Jnr will play for Lossiemouth, before ICT pick him up around about 21 and then the Gunners bid for him in the 2033 Tx window, play for them for 5 years before re signing for Caley to finish of his playing days before moving in to a Coaching roll followed by a nice wee run in Europe with ICT.

So during his sign on press conf, he can say his dad was a Caley fan and his Mum/Grandad and Great Grandad were Gunners so it has been a boy hood dream to play for Us and them.

I hate the idea of people trying to tell me (anyone) who they can or can't support. I've been influenced/followed many teams across europe and tend to vary my opinion every season. I'll always follow ICT because they are my local team but I used to have a affection for West Ham in the early 90's when Harry Redknapp was incharge and they were producing the likes of Lampard, Ferdinand, Defoe, Cole, Carrick... the legend that is Steve Lomas... supported Ajax because I liked the strip and Edgar Davids... Middlesbrough for a while when Juninho was showing people how football should be played... Chelsea when Zola showed that size doesn't matter ;) ... Leeds when Viduka, Smith & Kewell were making their way to Champions league semi final... Any team that plays Scottish players i.e. Birmingham & Everton now-a-days. I've always had an admiration for Man U just out of appreciation for one of the greatest managers to ever live (Paisley & Shankly were before my time)

If you enjoy watching football what's the point in limiting yourself

Edited by Harry Chibber

If you enjoy watching football what's the point in limiting yourself

And if you enjoy women? My wife disagrees with the equivalent stance.

It's often said though that in his life, a man can love many women but only one football team.

haha Yng, I love the Mrs, but also like to look at Zoo/Nuts and the slighty less pritty birds,

As I do with Caley, I love the Caley, but like to have a wee peek at other teams. Keeeenoo loves The hoops but liked the Poool