FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Golly out!

caley100

Just heard that Golly tweaked a hamstring and is out for Queens game... and who is in...... Lionel!!!! no problems with that, Lionel will be lb Proc rb, so change might be good for the defence as we look to get 3 points from a difficult tie.

Bombscare he might be, but he is our bombscare, and anyway, I like the song. We have to back him when he pulls on the shirt so lets give him a good welcome at Palmerston.

He's here

He's there

He's every fekkin where

Jimmy Jabby......Jimmy Jabby

Bombscare he might be, but he is our bombscare, and anyway, I like the song. We have to back him when he pulls on the shirt so lets give him a good welcome at Palmerston.

He's here

He's there

He's every fekkin where

Jimmy Jabby......Jimmy Jabby

Weakening an already fragile defence can't be a good thing

A back 4 of Proctor-Bulvitis-Munro-Lionel has to be the poorest in seasons. It could only be made worse by Butcher putting Stratford in at right back

A change is as good as a rest.. I'm looking forward to seing how goes, LDZ will have somthing to prove!! I'd like to see Cox in RB as Proc is doing an ok job in Midfield just now, and looking at him, he's scoring the odd goal too..

We might as well give shinnie a chance. We cant beat anyone in the top half but we aint going to get relegated either. Might as we start planning for next season now when we'll have to play the youngsters!!

I'm not too sure about Shinnie. QoS are a pretty physical side. LDZ might be a better option for tomorrow though?

The defense has been the weak link recently so a wee shake up might not be such a bad thing. Those lamenting Lionel's return are in for a pleasant suprise IMHO. As bad as he was when his confidence was shot earlier in the season, he can't possibly be any worse than Golly has been over the last few weeks. The big man won't let us down.

Putting Stratford or preferably Cox in at right back is a good shout. Proctor is having a purple patch in midfield and should be kept there.

Shinnie i think will be a good player for us in the future, at the moment he is too lightweight to mix it in this league as we saw during the Partick game.

Think lionel is the best choice, he's got a bit of pace and is far more physical than Shinnie.

Edited by caley100

Let's bring some entertainment back into our football, I'm all for this and if he makes next weeks home game he should be given a good cheer as his poor old confidence must be shot.

If he could work on his real weekpoint, which IMO is his vulnerability to be caught in possession, he'd be just fine

Good luck to Lionel tomorrow. As a fan he has my full support and i hope he plays well.

The stick he recieves is totally unnecessary at times and i hope it dosen't get him tomorrow at all as it will affect his performance.

I'll be glad to see Lionel get another chance, though I'm surprised no-one has mentioned McBain yet as a replacement for Golabek. On a good day, Lionel can be the best player on the park, unlike Golabek who from what I'v see of him, 9 times out of 10 contributes nothing, and seems to be struggling to get over the half way line these days.

I've seen Shinnie a couple of times this season, and rated him quite highly each time, though he is fairly small and maybe a move into the midfield would benefit him. But on the whole I hope Lionel has a great game tomorrow, and hopefully keeps it up, keeping Golly back in the retirement home in the process.

I'll be glad to see Lionel get another chance, though I'm surprised no-one has mentioned McBain yet as a replacement for Golabek.

I'd like to see McBain back in the side in any position, but sadly TB obviously doesn't appear to rate him at all.

I hope this is true tbh.

I think the fact that sides are still scoring by passes and crosses from the right, Lionel was easily the scape goat for this. Tokely is getting right caught out this season aswell, albeit from the other side.

Go on Lionel, give us your best mate and thats all we ask for. He gets up the park better than most, and is a big physical pacey guy. Not downing Golly, but a shake up and change of the defence can only be a good thing for the moment imo.

This time last week i was dreading the QOS game. Now with a little shake up in defence i'm surprisingly excited to see LDZ and whoever fills RB in the team. I haven't been a big fan of LDZ this season and in the motherwell game he didn't even look interested but he CAN play good at times so maybe this chance to get into the first team again will spur him on.

LDZ to score :011:

I'll be glad to see Lionel get another chance, though I'm surprised no-one has mentioned McBain yet as a replacement for Golabek.

I'd like to see McBain back in the side in any position, but sadly TB obviously doesn't appear to rate him at all.

Why is it always assumed that because a player doesn't make the starting line-up he's not rated by Butcher. There's 26 in the squad. Only 14 outfielders can be chosen for each game. Does that mean that 10 or eleven are out of favour?

Personally I can see McBain as RB tomorrow and LDZ left.